+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree993Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: What happened to Elrar??????

I really don't see how this change will make things better at Trion .. seriously I would like to see an explanation from Scott . Elrar has been arround for 2.5 years and suddenly to let him go like that doesn't make any sense ...
    Jbl

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    My bet EA, then I'd be right, Hartsman IS Kotick in disguise.
    This is how bad rumors get started. Everybody hold! Let's not sink the ship before it even sees combat.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Aeonblade View Post
    This is how bad rumors get started. Everybody hold! Let's not sink the ship before it even sees combat.
    > Iceberg hits ship
    > Ship sinks
    > Before ship goes under, you see the words: HMS Titanic II
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    Final Fantasy is gonna look real good if EA bought Trion.
    open beta this weekend! im spending my time there rather afk in tempest bay =))
    Osteo

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by dahanese View Post
    Okay, so, here's the deal: I believe in honesty. We all believe in honesty. The reason I started at Trion was because I believed in Scott Hartsman and after half an hour talking with him, he was a man I wanted to work with and someone I wanted to build something great with.

There are times that news happens faster than us - there are also times (like this past week) where news should go first (it's largely a business thing.) But we're here to talk about the closings and reorganizational pieces as much as possible. I'm not going to be able to give you the exact details, but I want to let you guys know that this is part of a plan, helmed by Scott, and one I believe in. That doesn't mean it's always easy, or fun, but it will result in something better and greater than ever before. Scott told me that and I believe in him completely, so I'm telling you, and I hope because you know him, you believe it too.

We all love RIFT - everyone on this team, Scott - everyone. It's not going anywhere or getting worse if we have anything to say about it.

I'm not going to pretend today isn't a sad day for you guys. It is. And I want to be here for you in that. And I want to not just write walls of text without specific details but in this case, I don't have everything planned out perfectly yet so I can't tell you my finalized plans for a month from now. When I have them, I'll share them. Promise.

42 posts in over a year. You've certainly been involved in your previous role... Glad I quit paying for Rift a while back. No reason to support companies that make crap reverse affirmative action HR decisions.

Elrar:

dahanese:
    May 2012

This is not cool. Elrar IS Rift to many of us who have played since beta. I don't like this at all. *throws tantrum*

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Tremor11 View Post
    42 posts in over a year. You've certainly been involved in your previous role... Glad I quit paying for Rift a while back. No reason to support companies that make crap reverse affirmative action HR decisions.

Elrar:

dahanese:
    May 2012
    BURN! lololol
    Osteo

Elrar:

dahanese:
    May 2012
    It wasn't Elizabeth's job before. She's Director of Community. That's like complaining that the manager of McDonald's never asks you if you'd like fries with that. Yea it's nice to see a manager working among their people, but it's not exactly part of their job title.
    Last edited by xanduin246; 08-16-2013 at 10:50 AM.

Rift Disciple

What time (and zone) does the live stream start today?

Quote Originally Posted by Redeka View Post
    What time (and zone) does the live stream start today?
    If it's like normal it'll be 1:30pm pacific. I'm terrible at timezones, so I'll just say that's in 1 hour and 40 minutes.

Plane Touched

Elrar:

dahanese:
    May 2012
    This is a bit unfair, to be honest. There are too many variables that could explain why Dahanese wasn't active in the community. All we know for right now is that Elrar is gone and we have absolutely no reason behind it.

If she keeps the promises she's making now, good on her. If she doesn't, call her out then. But calling her out right now, when we all have very little information, is childish.

Elrar gone........he was always a blast during the livestream.....I cant believe he is gone......WTH is going to happen to the livestreams?
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

1:30pm PDT is 8:30pm GMT, 9:30pm BST

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds This should be where to go for the livestream - I don't know.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sefik View Post
    I really don't see how this change will make things better at Trion .. seriously I would like to see an explanation from Scott . Elrar has been arround for 2.5 years and suddenly to let him go like that doesn't make any sense ...
    Indeed, it doesn't make sense...

This is a "big" lost for Rift imo. Elrar was really popular. I feel bad he left Trion...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast