+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree993Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: What happened to Elrar??????

What the actual ****? No offense Elizabeth bit I don't want you get elrar back now. This has to be some kind of bad joke?

Soulwalker

Dahanese is good people, I'm sure there are lots of things she would like to say but can't. I really hope Scott steps forward and says something to us about this. Community Manager may not be a very important position to the CEO, but he was the face of the company to us, and the face of it's health by extension. More than that, he was a never ending source of positive energy and enthusiasm for the game, reminding us why we started playing video games in the first place.

The stinger for me is that we didn't even get a chance to say goodbye. Hopefully he reads this at some point so he knows, we will be watching to see where you pop up James! Stay strong, shave the beard for no one.

Quote Originally Posted by dahanese View Post
    Okay, so, here's the deal: I believe in honesty. We all believe in honesty. The reason I started at Trion was because I believed in Scott Hartsman and after half an hour talking with him, he was a man I wanted to work with and someone I wanted to build something great with.

There are times that news happens faster than us - there are also times (like this past week) where news should go first (it's largely a business thing.) But we're here to talk about the closings and reorganizational pieces as much as possible. I'm not going to be able to give you the exact details, but I want to let you guys know that this is part of a plan, helmed by Scott, and one I believe in. That doesn't mean it's always easy, or fun, but it will result in something better and greater than ever before. Scott told me that and I believe in him completely, so I'm telling you, and I hope because you know him, you believe it too.

We all love RIFT - everyone on this team, Scott - everyone. It's not going anywhere or getting worse if we have anything to say about it.

I'm not going to pretend today isn't a sad day for you guys. It is. And I want to be here for you in that. And I want to not just write walls of text without specific details but in this case, I don't have everything planned out perfectly yet so I can't tell you my finalized plans for a month from now. When I have them, I'll share them. Promise.
    Thank you for clearing the waters, at least as much as you could.

That's something that I enjoy greatly about Rift when compared to other MMOs out there, the community managers do their best to keep the players, one of the most important aspects in the whole operation, in the loop. Other MMOs community team tends to crack jokes and approach some of the more needling questions with a blank "that's classified" response that infuriates the player base.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #19
    Director of Global Communications dahanese's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rythandil View Post
    I appreciate that. I know you guys can't talk about anything behind the curtain for the most part, I was just hoping we'd hear it a little more directly about these kinds of major changes instead of nested inside a post. I did a spit-take when I read that.

It's definitely not going to make things easier, and as the news spreads it's going to get worse. The sooner you can start communicating aspects of this plan, the better off we'll all be. I just don't want to see this news fester. You're going to have a lot of upset people; Elrar was really loved.
    I hear you on all fronts here. (And to the poster above, yeah, I get the whole "you sound like a politician" thing. I know a lot of you work for companies so can understand there are internal things that always stay internal but I know as someone who loves a game, it can be a bugger - and I use that word because otherwise I'd be cursing.)

We're going to start communicating the plan. Scott's going to be doing a lot of that himself. It may have only been a week but for you guys that's a long time. But we won't leave you in the dark.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #20
    Director of Global Communications dahanese's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kleeborp View Post
    Thank you for clearing the waters, at least as much as you could.

That's something that I enjoy greatly about Rift when compared to other MMOs out there, the community managers do their best to keep the players, one of the most important aspects in the whole operation, in the loop. Other MMOs community team tends to crack jokes and approach some of the more needling questions with a blank "that's classified" response that infuriates the player base.
    I am not a fan of community teams that think they are better than their players. And by "not a fan" I mean "it makes me absolutely enraged." Without you guys, I have nothing. Sometimes it's difficult, sometimes it's absolutely awesome. But win, lose, or draw - I'm here for you guys.

I'll tell you straight up when you are asking for something I can't give. And I won't blame you if it annoys you. I get it. I will do my best to have that happen as infrequently as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by shortycool View Post
    What the actual ****? No offense Elizabeth bit I don't want you get elrar back now. This has to be some kind of bad joke?
    What happened to Elrar??????-why-not-both.jpg

I'm down with both
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

I would bet my last dollar that TRION WORLDS INC has been sold. To who ? I don't know. EA, NCSOFT, SOE, I will not pretend to know, but all the indicators are there for everyone to see.

Don't be surprised when Scott makes an announcement, it is explain who their new partners will be.

A company doesn't undergo these massive changes on a whim.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas79 View Post
    I would bet my last dollar that TRION WORLDS INC has been sold. To who ? I don't know. EA, NCSOFT, SOE, I will not pretend to know, but all the indicators are there for everyone to see.

Don't be surprised when Scott makes an announcement, it is explain who their new partners will be.

That might just end it for me if it's EA
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    That might just end it for me if it's EA
    If that was true i dont know if i'd touch an MMO before Star Citizen came out.....
    Fly me to the moon, and let me play among the stars. Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars. Fill my heart with song and let me sing forever more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion5182 View Post
    If that was true i dont know if i'd touch an MMO before Star Citizen came out.....
    Not playing MMOs wouldn't be too bad - ya know, real life things could happen.

Plane Touched

If it turns out that Trion was indeed bought out by EA, I will have absolutely no issues in never touching this game again.

Champion

Not playing MMOs wouldn't be too bad - ya know, real life things could happen.
    Real life things are happening for me. BUt i could take a shotgun to my harddrive right now if i wasn't playing rift...
    Fly me to the moon, and let me play among the stars. Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars. Fill my heart with song and let me sing forever more.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas79 View Post

My bet EA, then I'd be right, Hartsman IS Kotick in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion5182 View Post
    Real life things are happening for me. BUt i could take a shotgun to my harddrive right now if i wasn't playing rift...
    Final Fantasy is gonna look real good if EA bought Trion.

Plane Touched

Final Fantasy is gonna look real good if EA bought Trion.
    That and ESO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast