+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree993Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: What happened to Elrar??????

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #256
    Director of Global Communications dahanese's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    If you are still at work at 11 you really should go get sleep. Also welcome to the Rift forums as a CM. Though many do not know you I am glad to have you along. You and I were extralife guildys last year, though so was about 500 other people. I have enjoyed watching you on the defiance live streams. Hope you find our forums welcoming. Sorry it took such sad news to get you over here finally. Any way go to sleep .
    I've always been reading here, just not talking. Although talking, and being the point person for your questions, is a whole different ballgame from reading.

And I remember you from EL! I hope to see you there again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by dahanese View Post
    I've always been reading here, just not talking. Although talking, and being the point person for your questions, is a whole different ballgame from reading.

omggotosleepitslikemidnight

Then again, Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Erikian View Post
    Thank you Opira for this link, it's Elrar's reply last night about this:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22105584

Thanks for this. Wish Elrar well. Will miss the lug.

By the way, Scott better let some of us patron's know his master plan soon, as my status is up in two weeks and am thinking about not renewing.

This is about "community," not about epeening.
    Beware the Penguin...

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by dahanese View Post

I apologize for my first and probably only post on these forums to be so negative, but let me explain. I was a Rift early adopter--Collector's Edition, etc. I did not care much for the game and did not subscribe.

I came back about a month ago and had been enjoying the game as a Patron. I spent a lot of money in the cash shop also. I cancelled my subscription today after learning that the former "2K Elizabeth" is now the community contact for Rift.

She posted many times on the 2K forums telling us how wonderful Civilization 5 was even though a huge portion of the decades old fan base was extremely disappointed with the design direction. She did the same for XCOM--more than a year of veteran feedback was ignored by the developers. She told us what a great service Steam is and how it would only enhance the gaming experience of 2K's releases. I finally picked up both games recently in a bundle from Gamefly for $19.99--those decisions didn't seem to work out very well in the long run for either title.

Now I am expected to trust that she will be an advocate for the players and an effective communicator with the developers of Rift? I am not buying it or anything else that Trion is offering anymore.

Wow, this is sad news.

Camelot Unchained/City State Entertainment are hiring.
    They would wuv Elrar.
    My shiny carapace is cracked. I should have never left the sea. – Krugon.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Korkron View Post
    I canīt agree more!
    Elrar was THE face of Trion.

Thatīs it, iīm done with any Trion products now.
    Especially all the EU players should stop.

I hope Trion will get that message!
    Can't say I will stay away forever, but I will not come back for a long time, they got a lot to prove.

The Community is kinda the Center of the MMO experience, and they just cut of some important supportive limbs...

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Heyheyimgooddps View Post
    Good thing Final Fantasy XIV ARR comes out soon
    I played it the first time around... most likely - it's still crap.
    Marz - 60 Warrior, Frozendeadguy - 60 Cleric
    Laethys

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Erikian View Post
    Thank you Opira for this link, it's Elrar's reply last night about this:
    Thanks for reposing it.

Elrar's comments are classy and professional, in stark contrast to the bullcrap we got from his ex-boss and the new CEO yesterday.
    Last edited by Kerin; 08-17-2013 at 12:47 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyH View Post
    I played it the first time around... most likely - it's still crap.
    It isn't .

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ramvol View Post
    What I don't understand is why didn't they let dahanese go and keep Elrar? He has a personality.
    I want to apologize for this post. It was rude and uncalled for. I'm not in the inner workings of Trion so I shouldn't say if someone should be let go.

Champion

elrar posted this last night on mmochampion if it helps any :P

Osteo

Quote Originally Posted by Islesi View Post
    The lack of a good-bye posting of some kind from Elrar coupled with the general lack of information regarding such a big changes means there's little closure.
    Look at my sig, he did say goodbye at mmo-champ.

Doh I see that was already posted.
    Last edited by Moklar; 08-17-2013 at 02:05 AM.

WTB Mini Elrar pet to keep the memory alive...

Sad to hear this news, never expected it. Gonna miss such iconic person alot! Hope to see him around in Rift still, as a player

Goodluck Dahanese on taking over his tasks! Hope you can meet equal heigths like Elrar was for the community.
    Rhynn, Venerated Member of <Invictus> - Gelidra (EU)

Rift Disciple

I've been running my own business for a little under 28 years and have employed/fired and promoted more people than I can remember. The reasons were always varied and sometimes they weren't things I felt my customers either needed to know or wanted to know or would not benefit either way depending on their relationship with the employee.

Elrar had an existing and positive relationship with the customers of yr business. This is obvious by not only my own knowledge of his communications with the community but this entire thread is filled with the questions of your paying community about a guy that they had faith in. In no way do I assume you can't fill the role as adequately as he did but as an engaged adult in a successful business I do feel your community would be better served by more than a "He is no longer with us."

In one of his postings I read the "I'm not sure what my future holds" and I will go ahead and assume his redundancy was unexpected.

I also read a posting of a previous poster that the comments offered were much like the spin of a politician. A tactic that is used to avoid directly answering a question by not answering it at all.

While I have no "need" to know why Elrar has had his employment terminated I feel that as a long term customer of yr business that had developed a relationship with his online presence I, whether you agree with it or not feel that I/we of your customers have some reason to ask for a simple honest answer to why one of our favourite community correspondents has been removed from his position.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nanood View Post
    While I have no "need" to know why Elrar has had his employment terminated I feel that as a long term customer of yr business that had developed a relationship with his online presence I, whether you agree with it or not feel that I/we of your customers have some reason to ask for a simple honest answer to why one of our favourite community correspondents has been removed from his position.
    You are of course entirely right, we have no need nor right to any such info .. but that isn't a reason for Trion not doing so. Elrar is far too professional to say anything, and quite possibly was threatened if he did, so likely we'll never know the reason his boss (who few know and few have any reasons to now respect) survived while he did not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast