+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree993Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: What happened to Elrar??????

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWaysyaWowT View Post
    Exactly. 'Cause once upon a time, great games were made by "faceless developers" and nobody ever cared about getting to know said developers on such intimate levels. I, for one, still don't. I'm handing over my dollars so that a good game gets made. That's it. I don't care about the style of Elrar's beard (if he has one!) or what brand of potato chips Dahanese likes if she happens to eat chips. I just want a good game to play when I come home and leave the inner-workings stuff to the inner-workers.
    thank you sir, these people are so childish sometimes. Trion should .. never mind.

Look at this General Forum page. 30 or so posts on it, and MOST are about the damn game! Fix this, fix that, my knee hurts, this guy called me a name, where's my loot, I'm quitting my community ambassador post unless you put this back in, there's too much loot, stop the troll stop a sock stop the botter, I don't understand half the cries. this is why I play and don't post here

Then you look at these Elrar posts and ridicously immature threats like "Trion I'm not supporting you I quit", "bring Elrar back or else I'll stop paying $15", what?? It's just silly.

Even Elrar as good as he was couldn't fix one damn thing on this page that people were complaining about because he's not a dev and Trion have to figure out who to fire because these liars say "I spent 1,000 a month on subs" and yet.. Trion running out. He was Trion's comedy relief to keep this adult babies happy. I'm not naming names but they know who they are.

Sorry now I'm upset because it's too early in the morning here bleh. I'm going to sleep and wake up, play and stay away from these kids

Telaran

In other games companies when you see a much loved comminity manager get shafted like this it means the company is in major financial trouble, and or the staff are being downsized in preparation for a takeover from another company..

Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post
    Don't know if this has been posted, but Elrar recently replied to a thread on mmo-champion. Here is a link, and here is what he said:

I hope he's fine with it being reposted here, but it's the second result if you Google "Elrar leaves Trion" so it's not like it's secreted away.
    Hmm his twitch says What's Next, what game has been using that hmmm. SoE would be lucky to have him and with the talent that they have picked back up from Trion lately it would be a great opportunity for such a gifted CM. He will be sorely missed and is not replaceable by a long shot.
    Last edited by Nadili; 08-16-2013 at 08:00 PM.

When you called me delusional I laughed so hard I almost fell off my unicorn!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nadili View Post
    Hmm his twitch says What's Next, what game has been using that hmmm. SoE would be lucky to have him and with the talent that they have picked back up from Trion lately it would be a great opportunity for such a gifted CM. He will be sorely missed and is not replaceable by a long shot.
    Pretty sure it's been that ever since he streamed Extra Life like a year ago.

Just spent the past two hours, reading every post, following every link, and watching today's recorded livecast.

I just want to say that Elizabeth Tobey impressed me tremendously, and that I can't imagine anyone I would rather see as CEO of Trion, than Scott Hartsman.

If there is a problem with Trion, it is elsewhere.

I expect my screen life will be spent in Rift, for a very long time to come.

Telaran

While we all loved Elrar for his commitment to the community, there are a few things I think people have been forgetting.

1. Elrar is not immortal. There ARE other people that can do the job as well as he can, and it is our responsibility, as the community, to give people like Dahanese the benefit of the doubt. No one can be successful in a job like this without the support of the community.

2. Dahanese knows he has some big *** shoes to fill. Instead of making him feel like **** for getting Elrar's job, how about we quit with the whining and crying and give the man a chance.

3. Quit asking "why?". Anyone who has actually held a job knows there is a confidentiality clause with employers that pretty much says you can say when they were hired, when they were fired/quit/etc., and whether or not they are re-hireable. Going into details can lead to further firings and lawsuits, and I am pretty sure they arent going to risk that, so do them a favor and stop asking. Besides, this was a man's job, his personal life. If he wants you to know, he will tell you. stay out of it.

I had a few more points and then the birdie flew the coop so i dunno anymore :P

Quote Originally Posted by draciele View Post

2. Dahanese knows he has some big *** shoes to fill. Instead of making him feel like **** for getting Elrar's job, how about we quit with the whining and crying and give the man a chance.
    She. She is/was Elrar's Boss as director of community for Trion.

Eliz=dan=female

She was quite impressive today, 75% of the community (including me) Sat there and spammed the chat asking where elrar was and trolling her and she managed to ignore them for most of the stream, and answered at the end. She sounded a bit angry but when you are on the job for less than 24 hours, getting trolled by a few hundred people and posts being made asking where elrar is and people insulting her, I would be mad too

I loved elrar, he was great and one of the best CMs I met but you people aren't even giving Elizabeth a chance, hush up, stay around for a month, and then judge
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

I want to see the light leave your eyes
    Feeling your breath on my lips one last time
    I want to see the light leave your eyes.
    Feeling your breath for the last time.
    God rest your soul is mine....

Quote Originally Posted by Moklar View Post
    This wasn't really about Elrar specifically, we have been told NOTHING, I understand very well that it's a business decision but you can't completely disregard the people that give you money either.
    Ummm yes you can...that is the nature of private companies. Even public companies only release general information regarding their finances and they only do this because they are required to by SEC regulations. The only thing any company is required to do is provide you with a product. You like it and buy it or you don't like it and don't buy it. Last time you bought an I-phone did it say "some components were made in a factory employing prison labor in a nation known for violating human rights" or did it say "made in China"?

More to the point. Did the world end when Walsingham was shown the door or did the world instead keep on spinning. What I find funny here is this. More than a couple of the people raging are people who said "Scott's back...he'll right the ship...yay!!!". Now Scott is putting his plan into action and it's the end of the world.... /facepalm.
    Last edited by Galibier; 08-16-2013 at 09:38 PM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #251
    Director of Global Communications dahanese's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    Eliz=dan=female

She was quite impressive today, 75% of the community (including me) Sat there and spammed the chat asking where elrar was and trolling her and she managed to ignore them for most of the stream, and answered at the end. She sounded a bit angry but when you are on the job for less than 24 hours, getting trolled by a few hundred people and posts being made asking where elrar is and people insulting her, I would be mad too

I loved elrar, he was great and one of the best CMs I met but you people aren't even giving Elizabeth a chance, hush up, stay around for a month, and then judge
    Want to make some corrections here (maybe for my pride?! :P)

I've been with Trion about a year and a half (albeit behind the scenes for most of you guys) and I've been in community since 2006 (which makes me almost a dinosaur by most standards.)

And then I want to say I'm sorry if I seemed angry. I really wasn't. I might have been a bit overtired. Scott did come up to me at 11 today and tell me I needed sleep which might mean I looked a bit like... well. Someone who hasn't slept in a week. ;-)

When a company can't pay a salary of a CM - you know it's in trouble.

It makes sense now, why they don't have plans between 2.4 and 3.0, and why they revealed 3.0 so far in advance.

I was going to buy some more credits next month, but now, it just seems like i will be spending my money on something that won't be here for long. I think i am going to save for a new Telescope instead.
    Last edited by Phantom D; 08-16-2013 at 10:12 PM.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1150061&dateline=1300  793703

Quote Originally Posted by Spinetapper View Post
    You are clearly handicapped so I'll keep this post simple so you can understand it. F2p is a huge success for many companies that implement it as it has for Trion and Rift. If f2p lost them money I'm pretty sure some of the biggest game producers wouldnt be doing it. Also, you clearly dont know anything about how business works and I'm not going to bother trying to explain it to you because it's likely not something you would understand.
    No man you are totally right, the evidence shows it. I applaud your genius.
    But again, truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty you need only look into a mirror

Quote Originally Posted by dahanese View Post
    (which makes me almost a dinosaur by most standards.)
    One does not become almost a dinosaur. Do or do not, there is no try. And once you go dinosaur, you never go back.
    Rootyy@Greybriar <Too Many Buttons>
    12/13 T1 || 2/4 GA
    Reality is for people who don't play video games.
    Rootyy == Moirain == Euphemia == Saiyu

Quote Originally Posted by dahanese View Post
    Want to make some corrections here (maybe for my pride?! :P)

I've been with Trion about a year and a half (albeit behind the scenes for most of you guys) and I've been in community since 2006 (which makes me almost a dinosaur by most standards.)

And then I want to say I'm sorry if I seemed angry. I really wasn't. I might have been a bit overtired. Scott did come up to me at 11 today and tell me I needed sleep which might mean I looked a bit like... well. Someone who hasn't slept in a week. ;-)
    If you are still at work at 11 you really should go get sleep. Also welcome to the Rift forums as a CM. Though many do not know you I am glad to have you along. You and I were extralife guildys last year, though so was about 500 other people. I have enjoyed watching you on the defiance live streams. Hope you find our forums welcoming. Sorry it took such sad news to get you over here finally. Any way go to sleep .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast