+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree993Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: What happened to Elrar??????

Default Odd.

I'm new around here and didn't even get the chance to get to know this person, but I'd been lurking the forums of late and read a few of his posts and he seemed pretty decent.

This is the second game I've watched as they sack the CM. (First was SWTOR) Over there, they lead us on for about 6 months and then fired a bunch of people and shortly after that they went F2P. (I quit before TORtanic went down. Collector's Edition box sitting in my closet now.)

I'd started to fund this game shortly before it went F2P. (Bought digital SL Infinity edition + a single month to see how it was...then decided to keep doing so and threw down for a 6 month sub.)

News like this doesn't leave me very impressed with where things are likely going, so I just removed my renewal subscription. Paid up till early Nov. We'll see how things turn out, but I have a feeling this means more bad things are on the way and I'll likely have to find another game.
    Shard - Greybriar
    Character names - Corrivan, Corsan, Corstan, Aigor, Corsican, Gannymede

Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    Thank you so much for keeping us informed today! I'm sure we'll love you!
    Informed?? lol It was more like....Oh btw Elrar is not working with us anymore....Thats the type of support we have to look forward to lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotix View Post
    Informed?? lol It was more like....Oh btw Elrar is not working with us anymore....Thats the type of support we have to look forward to lol
    I'm talking about how she sat on the forums answering questions even through all the hate, how she brought it up at the end of the livestream and then interrupted Defiance for Scott to come in for a quick interview thing.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

Quote Originally Posted by dahanese View Post
    And yes, I understand where you guys are coming from and I've done it before. That means I am experienced, not that you are going to think I slam dunk it 100% of the time.
    You have access to our real names, I'd presume, so you know I've been where you are now . I say this because I want the following not to sound as hollow as it otherwise would: thanks for the calm and for that (virtually) outstretched hand even in a sea of confusion and usual community rattling. I for one suggest an ice cold ice tea, a plate of bangers and mash at the Duke of Edinburgh later tonight, and a good night's sleep as the cure for most any community-caused pain.
    Please, for all that is worthy and the love of Odin, it's not "LUA" or "LuA", it's "Lua". Like the moon. In Portuguese.

Ascendant

you da man Elrar. very sad to see you go
    Last edited by Gruntled; 08-16-2013 at 05:16 PM. Reason: stupid auto correct
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Shadowlander

LOL The left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. Look at the email they just sent out.

Don't know if this has been posted, but Elrar recently replied to a thread on mmo-champion. Here is a link, and here is what he said:

Hey all,

I won't be long - but wanted to say it has been the utmost pleasure getting to spend each day with all of you who make up the RIFT Community. You will be missed & I will fondly remember the time we had together.

Not sure what my future holds at this point, but I'm excited for the possibilities - gaming or beyond! I hold no ill will towards Trion or the folks still working hard to succeed today. The RIFT development team is full of kick-*** individuals who very much share the same passion for the game that I shared with you.

While I've never really used it, I'm going to try out managing my own Twitter account to better stay in touch with those who want to: www.twitter.com/GiantApproved

I'm also musing a Twitch channel, at least with my new-found free time, if I start anything up it would be at www.twitch.tv/elrar

Thanks again everyone & my best wishes to you all
    I hope he's fine with it being reposted here, but it's the second result if you Google "Elrar leaves Trion" so it's not like it's secreted away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
    Yea man, you are totally spot on! What tremendous expert insight you provide to us. F2P has been such an uber success. Trion has made so much money they are closing down studios and emptying their staff, meanwhile they can't even hire proper people to fix the fast mounts from bouncing down the mountains.

Rift is like those mounts...fast a Fu*k and just tumbling down a mountain.
    You are clearly handicapped so I'll keep this post simple so you can understand it. F2p is a huge success for many companies that implement it as it has for Trion and Rift. If f2p lost them money I'm pretty sure some of the biggest game producers wouldnt be doing it. Also, you clearly dont know anything about how business works and I'm not going to bother trying to explain it to you because it's likely not something you would understand.
    All those that have come before you have also failed in their quest to subdue me

Wow. I thought Trion had one of the best Community teams. Elrar you will be missed. Live streams will not be the same without you.

Plane Walker

Not surprised but still sad to see Elrar go. Good luck in your future endeavors and I hope to see your name pop up soon in another game.

Thank you Opira for this link, it's Elrar's reply last night about this:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22105584
    Erik
    Guild Leader of Silky Venom

www.silkyvenom.info

Soulwalker

Elrar will be missed but get a grip people. He didn't die, you all act like he got hit by a truck.

Someone as good as he was will get a job anywhere, even in China if they called him.

It's just a game and the same that you played yesterday, last week and tomorrow so chillax. Some of you morons saying "I quit" over this are ridiculous. You want to kill Trion and Rift, lol? What?

You're quitting a game you liked yesterday because they canned a guy who didn't even make any of it. Elrar was a good rep, but grippage please
    Last edited by cuppakupo77; 08-16-2013 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cuppakupo77 View Post
    Elrar will be missed but get a grip people. He didn't die, you all act like he got hit by a truck.

Someone as good as he was will get a job anywhere, even in China if they called him.

It's just a game and the same that you played yesterday, last week and tomorrow so chillax. Some of you morons saying "I quit" over this are ridiculous. You want to kill Trion and Rift, lol? What?

You're quitting a game you liked yesterday because they canned a guy who didn't even make any of it. Elrar was a good rep, but grippage please
    Exactly. 'Cause once upon a time, great games were made by "faceless developers" and nobody ever cared about getting to know said developers on such intimate levels. I, for one, still don't. I'm handing over my dollars so that a good game gets made. That's it. I don't care about the style of Elrar's beard (if he has one!) or what brand of potato chips Dahanese likes if she happens to eat chips. I just want a good game to play when I come home and leave the inner-workings stuff to the inner-workers.

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #239
    Director of Global Communications dahanese's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotix View Post
    I understand wanting the details, but coming from it (thinking in terms of your own jobs) I hope you can understand why we don't share the details of this kind of stuff.

No one is ever going to try and forget Elrar. That would be an awful thing to do.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #240
    Director of Global Communications dahanese's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vyld View Post
    You have access to our real names, I'd presume, so you know I've been where you are now . I say this because I want the following not to sound as hollow as it otherwise would: thanks for the calm and for that (virtually) outstretched hand even in a sea of confusion and usual community rattling. I for one suggest an ice cold ice tea, a plate of bangers and mash at the Duke of Edinburgh later tonight, and a good night's sleep as the cure for most any community-caused pain.
    Now I'm going to have to remember to look up your name. :P

I'm making some zucchini enchiladas and posting whilst they cook. It smells pretty good in here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast