+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree428Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Updates about the RIFT Community

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #61
    Director of Global Communications dahanese's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post
    I had this whole thing typed out, but it feels unnecessary..

Elizabeth, please improve in game relations. I've only seen livestreams, forums, and other internet media mentioned.
    Good point - and I'll probably make a suggestion thread for you to throw new ideas at me (next week, likely!)

There's a lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes: I've been working on RIFT from day one but you have only seen me every so often since I didn't need to be forward facing. That's going to change now, though, so I'll be fielding ideas to figure how to balance both sides best for you.

Plane Touched

I can't think of a reason why getting rid of Elrar would be a good thing, in any aspect. Just speculation, but there's a detail we're missing out on. Or a detail that you're missing out on.

Regardless, Hartsman should brace himself for the livestream: It'll be hot.
    Last edited by Bokuunji; 08-16-2013 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dahanese View Post
    The best news I can give you is that I think we can all agree that Scott loves this game and has a great vision for it. I believe in it. And it's to do right by you guys. You are all that matter.

Yeah thats why he left, and as soon as he comes back kicks out our CMs and closes Studios....

That how you show your love for a game and the Com.

I have the feel this is going to bite you in the *** very quick Trion........

Quote Originally Posted by R3db4ss View Post
    Yeah thats why he left, and as soon as he comes back kicks out our CMs and closes Studios....

That how you show your love for a game and the Com.

I have the feel this is going to bite you in the *** very quick Trion........
    Maybe they are the necessary steps to have enough income to keep Rift running, to bury Defiance and get Archeage+EoN out of the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    Are you sure Hartsman isn't actually Kotick in disguise, this is the kind of ****ty thing he does all the time.
    Yea, only because when Kotick screws up he just farts magical money panda dust and everything is all better.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Oh no

That makes me really sad. I hope you have a blast where you go Elrar, but know that we'll miss you here

Quote Originally Posted by Rounded View Post
    Maybe they are the necessary steps to have enough income to keep Rift running, to bury Defiance and get Archeage+EoN out of the door.
    Was Defiance THAT bad? I would have thought that Trion gets enough from its partnership with Syfy from the show to EXPAND, not consolidate.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion5182 View Post
    There is the possibility he left on his own accord.
    If he chose to leave don't you think he would have made a good-bye post?

He was definitely fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    Was Defiance THAT bad? I would have thought that Trion gets enough from its partnership with Syfy from the show to EXPAND, not consolidate.
    it costs 10 dollars now and is B2P.

yes, it's THAT bad

This is terrible news. Some of the worst. Why aren't the NA and EU CMs being allowed to say good bye to their communities at least?
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Champion of Telara

Well that's incredibly unfortunate.

Kinda solidifies a lot of suspicions I've had, though.
    -Rilgon @ Deepwood (US)

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Moklar View Post
    If he chose to leave don't you think he would have made a good-bye post?

He was definitely fired.
    I have seen it happen where they don't actually. In that respect it depends on who is hiring them. But i am trying not to drive the speculation to the point everyone just uninstalls the game TVYM.

Daha what you're seeing right now is the problem of not having answers. People speculate and some of it is particularly disturbing. Especially the Defiance rumor. *shudder*
    Fly me to the moon, and let me play among the stars. Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars. Fill my heart with song and let me sing forever more.

Ascendant

Does Hartsman have any idea how much damage he just did to his reputation with many of us here and the utter contempt I and I suspect some (many?) others now hold him in.

Worse thing about Elrar, clearly Hartsman was so sad to see him go they didn't even let him post a 'good bye and thanks for all the fish' .. yeah, I have as much respect for Hartsman as he has for Elrar.

I think it's safe to say it now:

Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by dahanese View Post
    There are still changes coming and questions like that which I will be answering in the next week or so. I know things are happening fast (and at the same time, not fast enough) so hopefully I can turn those around for you pretty quickly and give you the info you need.
    So no official info in the german forum? We have still nothing there!

I want a simple yes or no if there will be a new german speaking CM and german support. Also i hope the european game is not going to another publisher like Gameforge or Bigpoint.

Are the changes so bad for us, that you have nothing to say? I'm playing RIFT now for few weeks, but Kahuna was a great CM. I came to RIFT because i have heard about the german community and the german support. Will there be german updates on Twitch, Facebook & Co.? German events?

I hope you understand, that in this uncertain times and after the last actions, i save my money.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
    - Gandalf

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast