+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree428Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Updates about the RIFT Community

Oooh, found my shard first bacon I got from the dispenser Elrar popped down on Icewatch.

Pristine stack of 5.

WTS Elrar Bacon, comes with certificate of Shard First.

Soulwalker

I'm still not over Amary and now this? I am sadness.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by dahanese View Post
    Elrar is no longer with the company.
    Total suckage.

/em gives Hartsman the bug FU!

This is a sad day. Very disappointed, I feel this restructuring is doing more harm than good.

Good luck "consolidating" when you are removing entire offices and employees which have been a staple to the company.

I really think it's going to drive people away and then you are really in trouble.
    Last edited by Aeonblade; 08-16-2013 at 10:04 AM.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Soulwalker

Default I never post, but this leaves me absolutely gutted.

A highlight of my Friday afternoons has become watching Elrar on Twitch. His enthusiasm and openness with this community made me want to play Rift, even when all my friends had left for other games.

I loved F2P, and spent a good chunk of money on it, but I think I'm done.

I understand that Trion is a business and has to make business decisions, but this doesn't feel right to me. Just a posting about him no longer being at Trion and that's it? This is not a good way to market or communicate to your existing client base, and makes me firmly believe that somebody in a decision-making capacity didn't learn the basics of PR.

Trion, if you don't have the confidence to be open and pro-active (ick, buzzword) in the decisions you make and communicating those decisions to your userbase, how can you expect your customers to stand by you as a company?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by dahanese View Post
    That's already on the books - I am unsure if it's happening this week but I'll ask him when I see him.
    It needs to be NOW. Tonight. I'd make him drop all things. The community of this game has been hit by a couple of asteroids and this one was a planet killer. Questions on this need to be answered either by him or by Hartsman sooner rather than later. Do not leave us speculating on why you wont like what comes out of that mess.

No nonsense no BS. Give it to us straight and if necessary dirty. Just the Truth. We deserve that.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    That's what I'm thinking! I believe Elrar loved this community and Rift and his job, why wouldn't he even leave a good-bye post?

Or maybe you all bugged him so much, he couldn't take it anymore and left!
    Not sure if he'll leave a goodbye or not sometimes they dont. This isnt the first CM that's this has happened to in one form or another it wont be the last.

There is the possibility he left on his own accord. There are a couple of new projects that someone of Elrar's talents and skill probably would not want to sit on the sidelines for.

But as far as i am concerned. We need answers. Now.

1. Who made this decision?
    2. Why was this decision made?
    3. If he's leaving for another game which one?
    4. Can you give us any friggin good news?!

add your own to that list.
    Fly me to the moon, and let me play among the stars. Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars. Fill my heart with song and let me sing forever more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion5182 View Post
    It needs to be NOW. Tonight. I'd make him drop all things. The community of this game has been hit by a couple of asteroids and this one was a planet killer. Questions on this need to be answered either by him or by Hartsman sooner rather than later. Do not leave us speculating on why you wont like what comes out of that mess.

No nonsense no BS. Give it to us straight and if necessary dirty. Just the Truth. We deserve that.

Not sure if he'll leave a goodbye or not sometimes they dont. This isnt the first CM that's this has happened to in one form or another it wont be the last.

There is the possibility he left on his own accord. There are a couple of new projects that someone of Elrar's talents and skill probably would not want to sit on the sidelines for.

How much REX do I need to buy to get him back?
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

Amen, quit playing games with my heart Trion. We need the truth about what's going on around here.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Champion

I just want answers. I'm trying really hard not to get angry, but I'm really really damn close.
    I for one welcome my new F2P Overlords

Ascendant

Are you sure Hartsman isn't actually Kotick in disguise, this is the kind of ****ty thing he does all the time.
    Last edited by Kerin; 08-16-2013 at 10:08 AM.

agree 100%

You are closing studios both in america and eu. Elrar is out of the picture anymore. Can you pls give us some or any good news? Give a try pls...

I had this whole thing typed out, but it feels unnecessary..

Elizabeth, please improve in game relations. I've only seen livestreams, forums, and other internet media mentioned.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    No more Elrar? wtf?

I was hoping you'd have added he's moved onto working on the ArcheAge side of things but left the Company if reading right?

Very disappointing news, Elrar was always the life and soul of the Livestreams, always fun when he logged into your shard...we'll miss you Elrar, raise a toast to the King of Mead

Farewell to the King of the Shepherds

My favorite event in this whole game.
    I will miss Elrar so much good luck too all the new directions and directive.

Soulwalker

Very Very sad news. You will be missed Elrar.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #60
    Director of Global Communications dahanese's Avatar

I work with Scott on a daily basis - there isn't a crazy bureaucracy here. So yes, Scott will be coming on the live stream but also keep in mind he's the CEO of the company (and thusly has a couple three things to do on a daily basis.)

What you hear from me will be the truth. And not BS. And when I can't tell you something, I won't. I won't beat around the bush.

The best news I can give you is that I think we can all agree that Scott loves this game and has a great vision for it. I believe in it. And it's to do right by you guys. You are all that matter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast