+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree428Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Updates about the RIFT Community

Please try to keep up with the interaction that Elrar provided us on a daily basis. I know your team is going to be stretched across multiple games and regions, but Elrar was a staple point for the community.

No one did as much as he did for us, bringing us updates and information. He really was the best liaison between the development staff and the community.

I think Hartsman should make some sort of a speech on the live stream tonight, we're getting ****ed left, right and center with the restructuring, need that morale boost!

Plane Touched

*raises mug of mead in remembrance*

Quote Originally Posted by dahanese View Post
    There are still changes coming and questions like that which I will be answering in the next week or so. I know things are happening fast (and at the same time, not fast enough) so hopefully I can turn those around for you pretty quickly and give you the info you need.
    This has all been handled horribly.

Letting CM's go and not making an announcement is pretty ****ty.

there will be livestream tonight?
    Dps warrior - Apotheosys
    Retired

Champion

I'm...i'm in Shock. Elrar was a day 1 guy just like a good portion of us... Wow.. Wow....I pray this was HIS decision that he had a chance to do something even bigger and NOT one made by Hartsman.

I hope we get answers and fast...this is...disturbing.
    Fly me to the moon, and let me play among the stars. Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars. Fill my heart with song and let me sing forever more.

Seriously, what the **** is going on? I'm really disappointed with this and I surely hope that Elrar is moving on to something better and not getting ****ed over with a lay off or something.

This is depressing as hell. I'm not looking forward to this at all.

Ascendant

This is rather depressing news. Elrar has been the best community liason (very active and a genuinely funny guy to boot) I've seen for any MMO period. I hope the rest of you will be at least putting some effort into keeping the same sort of interaction.

Also I think the players need to hear some kind of good news soon. This has been a rough week.

Rift Disciple
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    ...its totally possible that a bug exists somewhere. ~Daglar

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by dahanese View Post
    There are still changes coming and questions like that which I will be answering in the next week or so. I know things are happening fast (and at the same time, not fast enough) so hopefully I can turn those around for you pretty quickly and give you the info you need.
    I have a ton of people waiting for a livestream today please contact me so I can do my best not to panic. Cheers.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/jdnichols

Looks like he didn't get a chance to fill in his LinkedIn, most likely got fired

I wish Mr. Nichols the best and hope he's able to find a new position somewhere soon. As others have said, he will be missed.

The worst part, of course, is that there is obviously some major upheaval going on over at Trion Worlds, likely to cause a certain amount of angst amongst us, the players.

What the hell is going on? So many names and faces over the past few months getting the boot. And here I thought F2P was a success. If that huge boost in players from going F2P didn't help the situation, I fear there is probably nothing to save Trion and Rift.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (65) & Oxenheart - Warrior (65) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me. Always looking for new Rifters to help. If you need, just ask!

Anyone have Elrar on twitter? I like following dev's/community folks to see where they land.

EDIT to add:
    Good luck dahanese, OverloadUT, and Morgana. There's mostly a good bunch of folks here, and communication is awesome.
    Last edited by bpphantom; 08-16-2013 at 09:46 AM.
    bpphantom
    "Life's like a horse wearing a suit and smoking a cigar: hard to explain." - Scary Go Round
    "How did Dorothy get out of Oz? By killing." - Parson
    "Your childhood memories totally wanted it. Look how they were dressed." - S*P

Quote Originally Posted by Phelim on the Moor View Post
    I wish Mr. Nichols the best and hope he's able to find a new position somewhere soon. As others have said, he will be missed.

The worst part, of course, is that there is obviously some major upheaval going on over at Trion Worlds, likely to cause a certain amount of angst amongst us, the players.

What the hell is going on? So many names and faces over the past few months getting the boot. And here I thought F2P was a success. If that huge boost in players from going F2P didn't help the situation, I fear there is probably nothing to save Trion and Rift.
    Now that the game's free to play they can't have a man running around yelling MEEEAAAAADDDDDDD, come on now kids are playing
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

Quote Originally Posted by Rounded View Post
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/jdnichols

Looks like he didn't get a chance to fill in his LinkedIn, most likely got fired
    Or maybe he's like me and rarely if ever uses LinkedIn. I log into it only ever by mistake when I'm viewing someone else's :P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast