+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree15Likes
  • 4 Post By Morticus
  • 7 Post By Morticus
  • 1 Post By Vertal
  • 3 Post By Morticus

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Fragment of Kaaz'ra Sucks

Plane Touched

Default Fragment of Kaaz'ra Sucks

I'm not usually one to complain, but I just spent a half hour doing Fragment of Kaaz'ra on Faeblight and the multiple raids of people were able to get the Fragment to around 88 million health before it failed. The eggs phase is beyond tedious, the mini bosses take far too long. The last boss itself wouldn't be too bad if you could clear the eggs and mini bosses in a respectable amount of time. Nerf some aspect of this thing down because as it is, it's not worth even trying.

Rift Disciple

It is rather long-winded.
    "Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot." - Samuel Clemens

Plane Touched

Most people ignore this event now because of how long it takes to complete. The adds hit like raid bosses, and as youre Killing the eggs, adds randomly spawn and **** anyone in melee range. Its nice that you can get a relic quality costume cape, and ive received one from doing this event, but I wont even bother doing it unless the boss is already up.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Working on this right now!

I rather like the idea though, but the four spawned mobs could probably scale a bit less. Not sure you should change the fragment itself though - it's so much fun seeing people get one-shot because of them trying to ignore the damage reflection ;)

Of course, I'm a sucker for punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post

Go get 'em, Noah!
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Plane Touched

This is why I will subscribe to this game until the bitter end. Thank you, sir.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

Just a quick follow-up on this:

We've made some changes to the NPCs that spawn out of the Roe of Kaaz'Ra so they are far less punishing and have less hitpoints, making them less of a death sentence if you pick-up aggro.

Across the board we've brought the hitpoints of all the Colossi that spawn during the event down to much more reasonable levels to allow for ease of completion.

Last but not least, the hitpoints on the Roe of Kaaz'Ra have also been reduced to a far lower number.

These changes coupled with the rewards on the event and the (new) time it takes to complete, should make this a much better Risk vs Reward for those of you that have been avoiding it because of the unintentional difficulty.

You should see these fixes in the next scheduled patch.

Thank you very much for your patience!

-Mort

Plane Touched

We've made some changes to the NPCs that spawn out of the Roe of Kaaz'Ra so they are far less punishing and have less hitpoints, making them less of a death sentence if you pick-up aggro.

Across the board we've brought the hitpoints of all the Colossi that spawn during the event down to much more reasonable levels to allow for ease of completion.

Last but not least, the hitpoints on the Roe of Kaaz'Ra have also been reduced to a far lower number.

These changes coupled with the rewards on the event and the (new) time it takes to complete, should make this a much better Risk vs Reward for those of you that have been avoiding it because of the unintentional difficulty.

-Mort
    Awesome. I apologize for saying the event sucks -- it wasn't a constructively worded title. The quick response to this is really amazing, don't ever stop the great work you do.

Damn good thread. Damn good.

I might actually do this event now.

Rift Disciple

At least, make the rewards worth the effort.
    "Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot." - Samuel Clemens

Shadowlander

Instead of making this just another zone event, you could have kept the difficulty, removed the mob respawns, and multiplied the rewards by 4-5. This would have made it a unique, worthwhile event instead of just another easy 300 stones.

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #13

Quote Originally Posted by neverwhere2012 View Post
    Awesome. I apologize for saying the event sucks -- it wasn't a constructively worded title. The quick response to this is really amazing, don't ever stop the great work you do.
    Honest opinions are great, it helps us to take notice of issues with the game that need to be addressed!

Last edited by Morticus; 08-19-2013 at 12:33 PM.

-Mort
    Thanks man, this made my day~! Achievement hound here, woot I can now do this event after patch. TYTY~

P.S. I like your relic orange text color.
    Last edited by Academia; 08-19-2013 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Relic orange text noted.
    ~Wardova, found at a rift near you since 2011~ ~Wardiva, also adventuring in Telara since 2015~

+ Reply to Thread