Closed Thread
Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 ... LastLast
Like Tree231Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: *** Attention Windows Users *** Crash issues resolved!

Hey, Windows 8 Home x64 also here checking in. I had all prior Microsoft Windows 8 updates.

I played RIFT previously today. It wasn't until I restarted the client this evening maybe around 6 pm cst when I started having issues. I was prompted to update another fix to the game and after that my client would lock up on a black screen.

Soulwalker

Default WIN8 updates... :( RIFT

I have 8 MS updates for today.... 6 of which are security updates. I'm not uninstalling all of these, unimportant or not. Fix soon, please.
    Last edited by Bellajo; 08-15-2013 at 05:26 PM.

Telaran

I already tried uninstalling them with no luck. Don't worry, it's not the issue. Pretty sure the patch they made for the win7 32-bit issue a few hours ago is what screwed over all the win8 users.
    Zipi @ Greybriar
    <Mutiny>

Soulwalker

Default ugh

same issue worked all day, then they bust a fix for other operating versions and windows 8 locks up on a black screen....

Telaran

Windows 8 no longer uses forced compatibility mode, it will automatically select the best mode to run in. Is it possible the patch changed the default compatibility windows 8 will use and is there anyone smarter than me that can find a workaround for this?
    Zipi @ Greybriar
    <Mutiny>

Soulwalker

EU: Win32 bit working since +-40 min.

Now my wife can play, I'm off to bed

GL to all those still waiting!

I too have this issue. Rather than pointing fingers aimlessly, I'll blame Obamacare, the true culprit.
    Punkinchunks - Level 65 Guardian Dwarf Cleric - USA - Faeblight

Soulwalker

Default Working

Good job software people, Rift is working again, I am Win7 32bits btw

Soulwalker

Man seriously?! Still not working for windows 8 sigh* Wonder how long this is going to take I am all pumped up on energy drinks and was going to pull an all nighter. Yeah I blame obamacare.

Soulwalker

Same issues with Win 8. Thanks MT missing raid tonight.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #521

EU players--

You now have the fix that fixes the crash for Windows 7/Vista users. We are still working on something for all our users that play on Windows 8. More updates to follow as they arrive!

~ Morgana
    CM Morgana ~ Community Coordinator ~
    Avatar art is courtesy of Allie Brosh!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellajo View Post
    I have 8 MS updates for today.... 6 of which are security updates. I'm not uninstalling all of these, unimportant or not. Fix soon, please.
    Also on Win 8. I just went ahead and installed them anyway since none of my prior updates could have been a factor. I had not done any updates prior to July 9th and I still had the same issue today. So whatever Microsoft has out now shouldn't affect it.

I'm suspecting this issue with Windows 8 is something caused by one of the patches that Trion released today.
    Last edited by Practicelap; 08-15-2013 at 05:43 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Ugg my boyfriend just bought me an epic toy

So my boyfriend and I went out and he bought me my first gaming pad to go with Rift. I configured ALL the buttons to work and got all my nerdboner ready for gaming.. and now Rift won't work.

So I did what any Red Blooded woman would do.. I blamed Him.. and his toy.. then I cleaned for awhile and now I am just sad.

Save me Trion... You are my only hope.

Telaran

Cool, so am i going to be able to put in a ticket for the item that dropped in tonight's raid that no one needed but this issue prevented me from being there for?
    Zipi @ Greybriar
    <Mutiny>

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by CM Morgana View Post
    We are still working on something for all our users that play on Windows 8. More updates to follow as they arrive!

~ Morgana
    G/f and I are having heavy lag issues on our Win7x64 rigs. Is that a known issue, as well? Do we need to submit any dxdiag files or anything to help?

Closed Thread
Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 ... LastLast