Closed Thread
Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast
Like Tree231Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: *** Attention Windows Users *** Crash issues resolved!

Soulwalker

Default Thanks for breaking windows 7 32bits now

great, your "fix" broke windows 32bit versions, and uninstalling the microsoft fix doesnt work for us

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by sir lemon View Post
    yes im running windows 7 32 bit
    There's your problem, i've got the same issues aswell since the latest update...
    they totally botched this one :/

I was playing just an hour ago and it was all good went to log back in and rift had a update ......updated now I cant play I went and uninstalled KB2859537.but still not working wtf..

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #319

Hey all,

We are looking into issues related to Windows 7/Vista 32 bit now at this time. I'll let you know once I have more details.

Thanks,

Default The Rage Is Strong

This is mind-boggling... Trion releases a patch that relies on a dependency removed by Microsoft, in a patch that released AFTER Trion's patch, and you blame them for not testing it better? Please share your time machine with the Devs so that they may better test against unreleased, undocumented future updates.

Trion clamors to release a fix overnight for this, requiring what seems like a hefty reworking of some code if an ENTIRE dependency was removed, and when it causes another issue you people complain EVEN MORE. There's literally no satisfying you people.. The game has been down for at max 2 days (if you've been playing 20+hr/day), calm your ****. Trion is also known for being excellent at giving out items/rewards when situations like this occur as compensations for the downtime, relax ffs.

All of those *****ing at Trion seem COMPLETELY oblivious to the fact that even Microsoft Themselves have come out and announced that they're pulling back these patches due to issues on their end. The blame being placed on Trion by entitled whiners for Microsoft's botchup is horribly misplaced.

tl;dr: Calm your **** people and read.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Hey all,

We are looking into issues related to Windows 7/Vista 32 bit now at this time. I'll let you know once I have more details.

Thanks,
    i can see maybe something with 7 that YOU guys updated but cant be us.. first example....

1) playing rift take break come back wont work, people are saying os downloaded an update making it not work "64 but" at this time riight. well i never got the update cuz i dont update windwows ever, it dint work. so they "fix this riight
    2) oh its windows 32 bit that hasa problem now. I DONT HAVE 32. OR THE OS UPDATE
    how am i affected by these then.??
    3) its somehting we all have thats not an update nor a bit system... maybe ur connectors ****n out

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Hey all,

Thanks,
    Thanks for the quick Update.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackemwilly View Post
    This is mind-boggling... Trion releases a patch that relies on a dependency removed by Microsoft, in a patch that released AFTER Trion's patch, and you blame them for not testing it better? Please share your time machine with the Devs so that they may better test against unreleased, undocumented future updates.

tl;dr: Calm your **** people and read.
    While i agree that there's a lot of overreacting, i don't think you are entirely justified.
    An Important step to resolving a problem is knowledge that it exists, so coming here to say that it botched the 32 Bit version might be the right choice?

Soulwalker

Removed the file. Still not working. When i opened Rift today there was a small update. after i click play from the patcher game just dies. Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Artemia3452131 View Post
    Thanks for the quick Update.

While i agree that there's a lot of overreacting, i don't think you are entirely justified.
    An Important step to resolving a problem is knowledge that it exists, so coming here to say that it botched the 32 Bit version might be the right choice?
    Oh no, I didn't mean to come off that people shouldn't say that they're having issues, and the people calmly reporting that their Rift is no longer working on their 32bit machine is warranted and likely led to Elrar's repsonse that they're already working on that new issue.

I'm simply referring to the people that are vehemently flaming Trion, threatening them, getting so angry they can no longer type coherently, etc etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Gulruon View Post
    Removed the file. Still not working. When i opened Rift today there was a small update. after i click play from the patcher game just dies. Suggestions?
    You have 32 or 64bit OS? Seems the issue with the Microsoft Update file & 64-bit systems has been resolved in the most recent patch, however that patch broke Rift on 32bit systems.

They're currently working on fixing the issues with 32bit OS

Quote Originally Posted by markymarkson View Post
    64 bit dual bios mobo i5 i aint runnin 32 thats trash i want that ram u ******** u have no idea what ur saying
    In that case, I hope that Trion decided to make the game crash for you because of your bad attitude. Seriously, show some respect, you adolescent little turd.

---

As for everybody else, calm the hell down. You're not going to die from missing a single night's worth of Rift. Here's an idea: Go to bed early, play a different game, watch TV, or open a bloody book for once.

If you do happen to die from missing Rift for a little while, I guess that's a good riddance.
    Last edited by Lihonessa; 08-15-2013 at 10:44 AM.

Soulwalker

You have 32 or 64bit OS? Seems the issue with the Microsoft Update file & 64-bit systems has been resolved in the most recent patch, however that patch broke Rift on 32bit systems.

They're currently working on fixing the issues with 32bit OS
    Well looks like I have 32bit. Thought I had 64....damn it.

Soulwalker

new update is downloaded, the game in win7 64bit works. Thank you for the correction.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulruon View Post
    Well looks like I have 32bit. Thought I had 64....damn it.
    In that case, just be patient while they work on a fix! I'm sure that this whole fiasco will be sorted by tomorrow morning, if not the end of the night. Regardless, it's also been Trion's style in the past to compensate the players for time lost when issues like this occur!

In that case, just be patient while they work on a fix! I'm sure that this whole fiasco will be sorted by tomorrow morning, if not the end of the night. Regardless, it's also been Trion's style in the past to compensate the players for time lost when issues like this occur!
    Olny problem with that is the time I get to play is extremely limited so

Closed Thread
Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast