Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Make /follow a subscription only aspect to Rift.

Soulwalker

Default Make /follow a subscription only aspect to Rift.

Trion, your public standpoint has been since day 1 that Multiboxing is legit, and allowed. Primarily because you've done your research and understand what it is, and is not. More importantly, you told all of these multiboxers to essentially come to you from WoW because you accepted multiboxing.

However, now you remove it from end-game PvP? You know as well as I do how hard multiboxing is in PvE, but to use it in PvP takes a fair amount of thinking and skill to actually pull off successfully. So then why are you essentially pulling an extremely low move like this? Because of a small minority of self-entitled players whom are yelling the loudest?

I understand why you may have thought it to be a good idea considering you made RIFT F2P which means anyone can roll 5 accounts and do w/e. So I get that, but that only means that you should make /follow a subscription only aspect to Rift in PvP. Only the truly dedicated will continue after that.

You owe it to multiboxers to correct this injustice. YOU told them to come here, and now you have to follow through with your original statements. You can't wiffle-waffle like a US Senator the moment you get some heat from undesirables who haven't done their homework.

For shame Trion, fix the mistake you've done! Otherwise multiboxers are most likely to leave in droves to another game that welcomes them, and you'll lose quite a bit of profit considering how much the average Multiboxer spends on your game (anything is more than the rest of the average leech who complains but spends no $$ whatsoever).

Sincerely,
    TheRussian

What makes you think players who pay want boxers?! We would pay More not to have them!
    I Rift, therefore I am.

For the last time THEY DID NOT BAN MULTIBOXING!
    Multiboxers are still able to use /follow in easily 80% of the content in this game!
    They're just not able to use it currently in content where it can be detrimental to both sides involved.
    Even free cost too much now

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    For the last time THEY DID NOT BAN MULTIBOXING!
    Multiboxers are still able to use /follow in easily 80% of the content in this game!
    They're just not able to use it currently in content where it can be detrimental to both sides involved.
    And how is it detrimental? You realize that 1 person 5boxing in PvP is LESS effective than 5 real people communicating and focusing targets? In fact, there's no comparison that can be made that'd be fair.

Trion's absolute stance prior to the outcry from a minority, whom on average don't even pay a dime, was that multiboxing was 100% legit.

Removing it from any aspect of the game is counter-intuitive to that stance.

You realize this yes?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Wonk View Post
    What makes you think players who pay want boxers?! We would pay More not to have them!
    Every multiboxer i've met over level 20 has paid more than $20 per month on Rift. Their opinions are no less valid. You're treating multiboxers like a 2nd class citizen in Rift.

Stop that

Quote Originally Posted by ThatSneakyRussian View Post
    And how is it detrimental? You realize that 1 person 5boxing in PvP is LESS effective than 5 real people communicating and focusing targets? In fact, there's no comparison that can be made that'd be fair.

Trion's absolute stance prior to the outcry from a minority, whom on average don't even pay a dime, was that multiboxing was 100% legit.

You realize this yes?
    The removal of /follow does not make multiboxing illegal to the TOS so yes multiboxing is still 100% legit.

Apparently you didn't fully read what I typed, I said both sides. It sucks having the laggy multiboxer on your team that is effectively 5 wasted slots. It's just as bad as (in the lower level brackets) having a multiboxer stand by an objective (Black Garden being one of the worst for this) and blow up anyone that comes near before they can do anything.

Also stop grabbing onto the premade argument like it's a life line. It's a horrible argument that has nothing to do with the issues introduced by multiboxing.
    Even free cost too much now

Rift Chaser

You realize this yes?
    So depending on what you think is correct the multi-lamer is either detrimental to his own team or he can run around and one-hit the other team which is detrimental to them. Either way, it screws with balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ911 View Post
    I'm sorry what am I supposed to be looking at? I'm too distracted by that hot dwarf in a bathing suit

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Wolffpack View Post
    So depending on what you think is correct the multi-lamer is either detrimental to his own team or he can run around and one-hit the other team which is detrimental to them. Either way, it screws with balance.
    That's only your opinion, and has no less or more merit than that of a multiboxer. So learn to deal with it, and leave them alone.

Trion has already stated they have no issue with Multiboxing, and then do this. So what most likely will happen is that it'll be changed back to the way it was or /follow will be added as a subscription choice for end-game pvping multiboxers.

If you don't like that you should find a different game that doesn't like multiboxers, like WoW, Daoc, etc. That's the reality multiboxers faced with WoW, and you're no less or more valuable than they are.

If Trion is going to come out and visibly say "We no longer feel multiboxers should be allowed." then that is a different story, and then multiboxers can go on to another company/product that don't wiffle-waffle on these kinds of things.

At the end of the day, Trion cannot abruptly just go "We think multiboxing is completely fine!", and then the next minute "Boop, no more /follow in WF !". It isn't right, and is an underhanded business practice.

@Trion: take a stance on either side, and let it be known.

If you're "ok" with multiboxing, add /follow to only subscribers.
    If you're "not ok" with multiboxing then make it again TOS completely.

You cannot exist in a "Gray Area" here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolffpack View Post
    It does screw up with balance in PVP. Period. No stop QQing...

Making it subscription-only makes the game more pay-to-win. Want to one-shot people in PvP? Just pay for a bunch of accounts and the hardware to run them and GG.
    Last edited by Kalek; 08-11-2013 at 12:03 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kalek View Post
    Making it subscription-only makes the game more pay-to-win. Want to one-shot people in PvP? Just pay for a bunch of accounts and the hardware to run them and GG.
    They sell Blue gear in their store. That is the definition of "Pay-To-Win", and THIS is what you complain about?

Sorry, but that doesn't hold up here my friend.

They sell Blue gear in their store. That is the definition of "Pay-To-Win", and THIS is what you complain about?

Sorry, but that doesn't hold up here my friend.
    Note I said it makes it "more pay to win".

How about a big NO.

For every worthwhile boxer god only knows how many crap ones there is. Go play your scripted content boxed. Gear and level up multiple toons in raid and dungeons. Just lets not pretend that everyone that does box is an asset to a team when that team relies heavily on team play.

A good number of toons that are on follow are also actually afk and not even participating. How about you suggest you are matched against other boxers in PvP rather than cripple teams you're on.

Side note. Totally pathetic if this change is reversed. Rift, the game that encourages afk'rs in group content. Awesome.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

whom on average don't even pay a dime
    stop making things up

it doesn't make anyone want to support your case

Cla

You owe it to multiboxers to correct this injustice.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast