+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PSA: Credits and the PTS

Rift Disciple

Default PSA: Credits and the PTS

I just want to make clear to anyone thinking they can copy a character to the PTS to test items from the Rift Store that Credits are shared between LIVE and PTS.

I found out the hard way. I was given a 'one time item restore' but I have to question why Credits on the PTS are the same Credits on LIVE? We all know that the PTS is often cleared for new content but I'm still able to purchase Credits and permanently spend them on a Test Shard (or Server, whichever).

My thoughts were that I could copy a character from LIVE to the PTS and spend the Credits and it not affect (or effect i get these confused) my LIVE Credits.

Credits have a no refund policy which also steered me toward using the PTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetah View Post
    I just want to make clear to anyone thinking they can copy a character to the PTS to test items from the Rift Store that Credits are shared between LIVE and PTS.

I found out the hard way. I was given a 'one time item restore' but I have to question why Credits on the PTS are the same Credits on LIVE? We all know that the PTS is often cleared for new content but I'm still able to purchase Credits and permanently spend them on a Test Shard (or Server, whichever).

My thoughts were that I could copy a character from LIVE to the PTS and spend the Credits and it not affect (or effect i get these confused) my LIVE Credits.

Credits have a no refund policy which also steered me toward using the PTS.

when you log onto the PTS, there is a message in big yellow letters in your chat box, you should read it

Rift Disciple

its probably to do more with how the credit system works, about being unable to do that.
    but it would be nice if points spent on the PTS didn't affect live. since it will eventually be deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    when you log onto the PTS, there is a message in big yellow letters in your chat box, you should read it
    There hasn't been an MOTD on PTS for a few weeks now, fyi.
    (V)    (V)
    ミ(◕‿◕。)彡

Telaran

What they should do is set PTS credits to like 1 million + so that you can test things out but not have it effect anything on Live.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Berekona View Post
    What they should do is set PTS credits to like 1 million + so that you can test things out but not have it effect anything on Live.
    lol. The shop system is linked to the one that is used for live so to give 1m PTS credits would be to give 1m on live too. They should find some way to disable it since I bet there's been a few GM tickets made about it.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    lol. The shop system is linked to the one that is used for live so to give 1m PTS credits would be to give 1m on live too. They should find some way to disable it since I bet there's been a few GM tickets made about it.
    What I didn't like was the in the reply to my ticket. Stating I needed to be more careful when it was their system that allowed this problem.

Trion, just separate PTS credits from LIVE credits. When I copy to PTS copy over my credits so I can copy to test out new things from the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetah View Post
    What I didn't like was the in the reply to my ticket. Stating I needed to be more careful when it was their system that allowed this problem.

Trion, just separate PTS credits from LIVE credits. When I copy to PTS copy over my credits so I can copy to test out new things from the shop.
    They warned you.

And like others have said, they can not separate it. Credits are a function of your account, not client.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post
    They warned you.

And like others have said, they can not separate it. Credits are a function of your account, not client.
    They only warned me that it used my 'item restore' for the next few months AFTER I spent the credits.

And they need to change that. everything on the PTS will be changed/erased/updated/etc and if i'm wanting to try out a new mount from the store that cost credits, i shouldn't have to ask Trion CS for a refund because it's a Public Test Server.

I'd like to believe the PTS should be a try-before-you-buy option.
    Last edited by Jetah; 08-20-2013 at 06:47 PM.

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

Unfortunately, as others have said, your credits are tied to your account - not to any specific server.

If the MOTD is missing on PTS, we'll get that fixed up.

~Daglar

This is one reason I don't keep a PTS install. They should separate the two wallets. If a player buys $50 worth of credits there would be $50 on test and $50 on live. Or they could just provide a small stipend periodically and then wipe every month or two. In any event it would be better to make them separate.

I understand the systems are linked and that it will take money and effort to separate them. I don't expect it to happen and not soon given the current focus on efficiency, but I hope to see an improved test environment in the future.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Unfortunately, as others have said, your credits are tied to your account - not to any specific server.

~Daglar
    There should be a way to disable this on the PTS since it must clog up precious GM time.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post

~Daglar
    It's missing, you didn't fix it. A guild mate who was looking to TEST the new drop rate on the public TEST server wasted credits as a result. Completely ridiculous system in the first place that the PTS isn't separated and secondly you posted over a week ago and haven't fixed the fact there is no warning it is linked.

Champion

Seriously?

Unbelievable! You know about the issue that may cost players money and dont fix it? For what do you offer PTS? For testing and giving feedback, right? Testing what? And if not the store: Why the hell is there purchasing enabled???

I am disappointed.
    Melandra @ Entity @ Zaviel
    A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
    - Lady Windermere's Fan [Oscar Wilde] -

Quote Originally Posted by Mausea View Post
    Seriously?

Unbelievable! You know about the issue that may cost players money and dont fix it? For what do you offer PTS? For testing and giving feedback, right? Testing what? And if not the store: Why the hell is there purchasing enabled???

I am disappointed.
    Disappointed that you missed all the other notices that credits are shared across the account, no matter the server?

Not everything on the cash shop needs to be tested by players (I would argue we have seen absolutely nothing added to the store that needs to be tested by players). You know good and well what the PTS is there for, and it is for testing. Testing new content that is added to the game, zones, dungeons, raids, etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast