+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: @Daglar - A few 62 SH Improvement Suggestions

Telaran

Default @Daglar - A few 62 SH Improvement Suggestions

This is basically a balance issue with a few of the 62 SH bosses that are above and beyond the level of the other bosses.

Ridira (Looks like Estrode) - She has an ability called void barrage that hits a few platforms for ~23k damage. There's no visual warning as to which platforms are going to get hit so you basically end up with 1/2+ of the raid dead the first barrage. These do way too much damage for the lack of viable dodging options available (Only real way to dodge is to jump off the SH, lame tactic).

Ustulous (Looks like an archer Dendrome life themed mob) - Please put a 3ish second CD on her heal after she uses a teleport. It seems a little unforgiving to have her port way out of the way and then start healing for ~1-2m before anyone can really react to it. Most Chloro's do not know they can Blight it off (or even if you intended for it to be blighted off) as well. Also, if you could make her actually have a cast time to her "tank is in LoS, but OUT of range" attack, that'd be wonderful. She is the single most dangerous mob after she teleports because of this pot shooting tactic employed.

Augment Buff - Why in God's Green Earth is there no benefit for ranged Rogues/Warriors built into these? I like Mages/Clerics as much as the next guy, but I think it's a bit unfair they can safely shoot their spells at a distance (usually right on top of the damned Augment) with a decent damage buff, while the Rogues and Warriors are forced to chase. The LoS mechanic bosses are particularly punishing in this regard as well as those that will make the platform they're currently residing on have some sort of nasty AoE on it. I'd like to see an equivalent AP boost built into these as the Mages/Clerics get a 50% spell power boost in addition to the 100% increased melee attack damage benefit.

Ranged Mobs that you pull into the platform via the Suction Core - These things will actually start to melee if their target is within melee range. That's all fine and dandy until they crit for ~19-21k. This is probably the least important tweak I'd like to see made, but if you could make it so their casts don't have a minimum range this would add to the melee friendliness of the SH's.
    Last edited by Tiggz; 08-09-2013 at 10:36 PM.

Telaran

I guess I forgot to say why I think my opinion is based in experience rather than just calling for random nerfs. I've done at least 350 level 62 Strong Holds now, and even the good groups have a lot of trouble with the above two bosses. Groups that normally clean house ~10 minutes per stronghold will spend 20+ on the above two, and weaker groups just die.

Prophet of Telara

@Daglar don't run things no more, try @Scott H.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarayna View Post
    Scott is the CEO of Trion now... Daglar hasn't gone anywhere as far as I know.

Rift Chaser

Also, cut the amount of waves in half but double the amount of mobs per wave. And let them spawn all at once. The most boring thing about the forced SH62 grind for greaters is the longetivity of each SH and the time you just stand around between waves.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ911 View Post
    I'm sorry what am I supposed to be looking at? I'm too distracted by that hot dwarf in a bathing suit

Daglar runs Rift.

Scott runs Trion.

Therefore Daglar still controls everything on Rift, while Scott oversees Rift, Defiance, End of Nations, etc. Daglar is still the one we go to.
    Beep Beep Ima Jeep@Deepwood http://http://beepbeep.guildlaunch.com
    Asaomar Lv 60 Rogue Tank[Main]-Miniderps Lv 60 Cleric Tank[Alt]-Shederps Lv 60 Mage[Alt]
    Boss Kill videos | My Live Stream
    All T1 Content ClearedGrim Awakening 4/4, Infinity Gate 2/3, Planebreaker Bastion 3/5

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Wolffpack View Post
    The most boring thing about the forced SH62 grind for greaters [...]
    The only greater essences I have ever seen drop were from level 5 hunt rifts, which are also quite more fun than strongholds imo.

Agree with OP btw., some of the boss mechanics are too unforgiving and frustrating for the average pug.

I don't play these often enough to know them by name, but the one that gets me is the Crab lady thing. There is no warning when she puts up that reflective shell. I know there is a similar invasion in Ardent Domain, but that one does give you a sec to stop your dps.
    Beware the Penguin...

Telaran

Not sure if this was what prompted the changes to the above two SH bosses, but thank you in any event for the changes. Ridira is no longer nearly as miserable as she once was and that archer finally doesn't require a tank with 70k hp.

Thank you again.

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

Nope, still here, still run RIFT.

Bill "Daglar" Fisher
    Game Director

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post

Bill "Daglar" Fisher
    Game Director
    You should ignore the WoW trolls

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post

Bill "Daglar" Fisher
    Game Director
    Is it 'Game' or 'Creative' Director? When will the lies end? Why are you letting the NSA spy on my PA level?

IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Geopenguin View Post
    I don't play these often enough to know them by name, but the one that gets me is the Crab lady thing. There is no warning when she puts up that reflective shell. I know there is a similar invasion in Ardent Domain, but that one does give you a sec to stop your dps.
    A big troll face should appear on screen when she pops the shield the minute you cast a Bullseye'd Deadeye Shot. Its not funny when it happens to you believe me.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Have to agree that my experience with 62 strongholds is very uneven in difficulty. I end up cursing the mobs who make you hide from sight or die, then immediately start using "tank in melee range or take absurd, unsustainable amounts of damage" attacks. Maybe it's great for rogues who can teleport to the mob, but it shouldn't be so prohibitively bad for tanks who cannot. The only "solution" I'd found is to have a spare tank on the top level who can literally jump in to taunt the instant after a LoS mechanic is over. And that only works sometimes.

But then again, once I maxed out Torven rep I judged the very slim chance of getting one usable reward divided by how many people it takes to do a 62 SH while also keeping in mind both the level of challenge in keeping such a group going and also the time expended on each stronghold... all considered the reward for investment is so low I never bothered doing one again.
    The warrior formerly known as Cleareyes. Then Cyann when that was lost in a server downsize. Then Krishna when that was lost in a server downsize. Then Bluehawk when that was lost in a server downsize. Now Bluesky since that was lost in a server downsize. Check back next week for my new character name!

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    A big troll face should appear on screen when she pops the shield the minute you cast a Bullseye'd Deadeye Shot. Its not funny when it happens to you believe me.
    Technically there is a kind of warning. If you watch closely, she almost always does a particular yellow cast before she pops the shield. It is absurdly unforgiving though, especially for a mob that spawns multiple times in a single SH.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast