Closed Thread

Thread: Deeps lock boxes - a question

Rift Disciple

Default Deeps lock boxes - a question

Okay I get that these are totally random but are you more likely to get them from clearing a rift, finishing an IA. Does it matter your level...ie level 50 clearing a level 20 rift, or level 15 mentoring down to 14 and doing IA's in silverwood. Are the chances all the same? Is there anything that will increase your chance of getting one?

Or is it truly completely random? I wonder because I got one at like level 13, I am now level 50 and have never gotten a second one.

it is random i havent had one for weeks got 9 keys lol

Rift Disciple

I also wonder because a lot of the lower level players are getting them, sometimes 2 or 3 a week, while higher level players seem to get them very seldom.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkevron View Post
    I also wonder because a lot of the lower level players are getting them, sometimes 2 or 3 a week, while higher level players seem to get them very seldom.
    I would blame drop rates being uniform regardless of enemy level. Since it takes less time on average for a player to drop a level-appropriate enemy at level 15 compared to level 55, they are likely to see Boxes drop more frequently.

[QUOTE=Ashkevron;4437587]I also wonder because a lot of the lower level players are getting them, sometimes 2 or 3 a week, while higher level players seem to get them very seldom.[/]

The drop rate of the boxes is high, when they're purchased from the cash shop.

Been levelling three new toons. Still to see one drop. The highest is now 42, lowest is 16.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Although not an answer to your question...

You're not missing much by not getting the Junk Boxes. Aside from a potential AH sale, the stuff inside the boxes are utter junk. The rewards were awful when they were tested prior to F2P launching, and they are still just as awful.

If you DO get one, keep in mind that the rewards scale (sort of) to your character's level. But they only reward items that are level 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 or 60: nothing in between. So only open the Junk Boxes if your character is at one of these levels:
    10 or less

Whatever you do, do not open from levels 50-59. You'll be playing content in Storm Legion zones, but the level 50-59 rewards are all level 50 items (yes, even if you're level 59 the items are level 50, same goes for level 49 gets level 40 items, etc.) that were "tuned" to pre-Storm Legion/old Rift content. That is, at level 50-59 the items you get, even Epics, are worse than a basic level 50 Storm Legion quest reward.

Even at level 60, the "Legendary" (or whatever it is past purple/Epic) are worse than most purple/Epic items you can get from the World Events and/or Dungeon vendor, or that can be crafted. The only thing of value ever spotted in the Junk Boxes are some Trinkets. And they only reason the Junk Box Trinkets have value is because Trinkets, for most players, are usually impossible to find outside of grinding away insane amounts of time playing Conquest, or some Faction Notoriety.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (60) & Oxenheart - Warrior (60) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me / us (or if you here a "Huzzah!" after a zone event)!

Rift Master

I had been getting a few a week on my various Alts when mentoring down for random IA's, but have not gotten one in over a week. The other drops like chests seem to have slowed down, so I'm not sure if I pissed off the RNG fairy, or if my normal luck has returned
    Smidgely now on Faeblight!
    Deus Rex Machina
    xxMossxx
    Butcher
    finding new, exciting ways to die every day!

I haven't gotten any in weeks. to be honest, I don't really do that many rifts any more. and only do sh's maybe once a week. when I was getting them it seemed it was from ia's more than anything.

what Trion doesn't realize, is that there is money to be made from selling keys more than selling chests. They just need to up the droprate on the chests. They're just trying to have it both ways.
    Beware the Penguin...

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    The drop rate of the boxes is high, when they're purchased from the cash shop.
    If I buy a box from the cash shop, the drop rate had better be 100% ;)

How often do the keys drop? I have 12-15 boxes and haven't gotten a single key yet. One of my Guild mates gave me a key and I got a blue war axe that was way better than the weapon my rouge had, so I guess I got lucky on the opening.
    In life only those who play the game can be winners...

Since they have been implemented I have found 1 key - Hero Rising Chronicle & no boxes

My level 59 alt has received 2 boxes - 1 blue, 1 orange as rewards from a daily PvP WF win.

I'll be out of bank space with all these keys soon....
    PvP Rank: 88/90 | PA: 1277/1277 | CQ Power: 200k | Score: 15285 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS (Conq.) | 11/11 HK | 4/4 RotP | 2/8 ID | 4/4 PF | 4/4 TotDQ | 4/5 EE | 4/4 FT | 4/4 GA | IG 2/3 | PB 3/5
    Getting More and More Disillusioned By The Day

Quote Originally Posted by Gethzerion View Post
    Since they have been implemented I have found 1 key - Hero Rising Chronicle & no boxes

My level 59 alt has received 2 boxes - 1 blue, 1 orange as rewards from a daily PvP WF win.

I'll be out of bank space with all these keys soon....
    I got an orange "relic" ring from one of the boxes. It had less stats & lower resists than the crafted purple ring you could make day 1 of SL. Epic Fail Trion.

Quote Originally Posted by JoreelWindsong View Post
    How often do the keys drop? I have 12-15 boxes and haven't gotten a single key yet. One of my Guild mates gave me a key and I got a blue war axe that was way better than the weapon my rouge had, so I guess I got lucky on the opening.
    most of my keys are due to patron daily rewards...have had like 9 forever...maybe got 1 or 2 from events...
    Beware the Penguin...

they're not random. you get 1 every time you buy it
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

My level 60 that I have spent most of my time on and done everything imaginable with has only ever had 1 box drop. Same goes for my mage. Mid 50's and I have quested, hunted rifts and IA's everywhere and have only had 1 box drop for her. I was beginning to think the drop rate for these was 1 per month and gave up on even seeing any more. I decided to level a rogue last week. He went all the way up to level 42 in a few days. Aside from some PVP wf's, the bulk of his time was spent doing IA's in Freemarch, Stonefield and Scarwood. In that time he had 5 boxes drop. No rift hunt or questing in other zones, his map is not even clear apart from where the IA's have taken him. Go figure...

Closed Thread