Closed Thread
Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree724Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: /follow disabled in Warfronts and Conquest

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Hey guys,
    How has your experience in game been affected by this change?

This is a popular topic, we realize, but please keep your responses to the point or your posts will be moderated.

Thanks for your help!
    My gameplay was affected in the following way: A friend of mine who dual boxes and who I want to play with is changing games due to this change.

Total sum: negative

Elrar, request: start deleting these socks crated by banned players which spam the thread, already 2 of them on the last few pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Daayou View Post
    IMO, it is a dumb move. Why? Because it will migrate to PVE. Someone will complain that multi-boxers are . . .

Killing their mobs.
    Stealing their ore/lumber/plants
    Ruining their dungeons.
    Except that will never happen since you can't steal anyone's stuff in Rift, I think Trion did the right thing and also based this on how other similar games handled this.

PvE multiboxing is a completely different animal than PvP multiboxing, it's usually used to accomplish something you couldn't do with one character like soloing a dungeon or something.

So far I didn't multibox but I might start at some point for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Moklar View Post
    Except that will never happen since you can't steal anyone's stuff in Rift, I think Trion did the right thing and also based this on how other similar games handled this.

PvE multiboxing is a completely different animal than PvP multiboxing, it's usually used to accomplish something you couldn't do with one character like soloing a dungeon or something.

So far I didn't multibox but I might start at some point for fun.
    Good points, sir.

Also, now people don't have to worry about those leeches with /follow who don't multibox. People have also been complaining heavily about that, now CMs are free of worrying about this kind of mail. Two birds with one stone.

This decision is just full of win no matter which way you look at it.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

The tone and content of the posts in this thread really is sort of an awesome summary of the issue.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

I can say how many times I've seen PVP players ask for this simple change, but it's been a lot for a long time.
    Great move, hope it makes it tougher for players to create battleground battleships with 1 button nuke powers and a tab key to keep the kills coming.

I Rift, therefore I am.

Well, I think the experiment is implemented as a dictate and not as a choice. And it will be applied to the open world for the same reasons as it has been applied to warfronts, meaning it's going to get applied to PvP servers all the way around. Which means boxing is basically gone as of now. Which means money is lost. History has a way of repeating itself. Myself, I'm for the change from a selfish view. But I'm against there not being a way for boxers to play as they could before in warfronts, if their opposing team wants to or doesn't care (because it results in a loss of game funds). Drip by drip, the inventory of supply dissipates and the affects add up over time.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Rounded View Post
    He doesn't PvP.

He feels he is getting shunned by the game devs for his gameplay choices, rather takes his money somewhere else.

Multiboxing is still allowed by the ToS and Daglar should just go ahead and change the whole section to ban multiboxing straight off. At least he would see the impact straight off when people paying for multiple subs suddenly decide not to support Trion anymore.

Just because Daglar's decision is based on 100% emotions from a few individuals with no clear arguments against the issue, I know he is still capable of rational thought after he gets his weekly accounting and customer satisfaction reports.
    It's few people that multibox against few people that don't. In any case it's few people that are not satisfied.
    And both of those groups tend to be more emotional than fact driven. You belonging to one of them does not make that group more rational.
    Last edited by elandriel; 08-08-2013 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rounded View Post
    He doesn't PvP.

He feels he is getting shunned by the game devs for his gameplay choices, rather takes his money somewhere else.

Multiboxing is still allowed by the ToS and Daglar should just go ahead and change the whole section to ban multiboxing straight off. At least he would see the impact straight off when people paying for multiple subs suddenly decide not to support Trion anymore.

Just because Daglar's decision is based on 100% emotions from a few individuals with no clear arguments against the issue, I know he is still capable of rational thought after he gets his weekly accounting and customer satisfaction reports.
    I'm sorry but that is utter nonsense, this change only affects PvP your friend will NOT be affected, they implemented it the same way as WoW did a few years ago it doesn't affect PvE whatsoever.

WoW has disabled /follow in BGs.
    Other games as well.

I see no reason WHY we would need /follow in an instanced pvp area. You are supposed to fight not AFK & Leech.

This change has impacted my gameplay positively: i see no more people on auto-follow in conquest and in WFs (be it multiboxers or simply leechers that just put follow and read BBC news on a second monitor or watch netflix).

There was never a reason that we NEEDED this functionality in the first place. At least now when you see a player in a WF and CQ you will know that he is there and playing not *******.

-Lon
    Warlord Lonwolf, Lord of War - Rogue 65 @ Zaviel
    My Youtube RIFT Recorded Rare mobs collection - Rank1 EU Rare kills Leaderboards - Aug 2013

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by lonwolf View Post
    WoW has disabled /follow in BGs.
    Other games as well.

-Lon
    it was removed in wow to combat bots and multiboxing was not the intended target blizz have said that. so there is a difference Blizz aimed at bots Trion aimed at multiboxers.

Which other games have also removed it .?
    Last edited by Swamp Donkey; 08-08-2013 at 01:28 AM.
    Spartans! Ready your breakfast and eat hearty... For tonight, we dine in hell!

since when is it disabled?

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    I honestly have to say, I think this is a bad move on trions part.

Multi boxing is a very small subset of players that have a lot of obstacles to overcome to begin with. Removing part of the game from something they can play is simply a poor choice.

I'm not sure if you have read the horrible "we hate multi boxing" threads, but arguments against multi boxing are really horrible and have no real merit behind them.

I did multi box a bit in wow, but haven't done it in rift mainly because of how horribly difficult it is to begin with. With this change I doubt I ever will.
    http://isboxer.com/multiboxing-rift

No.

So hard.

Nyz
    Soulwalker

Default ty

Trion, all i can say from my experience so far is that about 30% of my warfronts had a multi-boxer cleric. Im low level (10~19), so my 30% is not much, but yes... this change has affected me.

Thank you very much !

can we also hope a merge of the battlegrounds back, too?

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast