Closed Thread
Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Like Tree724Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: /follow disabled in Warfronts and Conquest

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #616

Quote Originally Posted by sally View Post
    Elrar is it Trions stance that there will be no multi boxing in Rift warfronts?

Simple yes or no Elrar and I will never post again.
    By disabling autofollow we have taken steps to limit the effectiveness of multiboxing in Warfronts & Conquest.

Currently we intend to keep it disabled, but we're still monitoring the impact of this change and the feedback we've received.

Not a simple yes or no I realize - but few things rarely are

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    By disabling autofollow we have taken steps to limit the effectiveness of multiboxing in Warfronts & Conquest.

Currently we intend to keep it disabled, but we're still monitoring the impact of this change and the feedback we've received.

Cheers,
    One thing's for sure:

Your CMs won't be getting anymore "Hey, this guy in our WF has been on /follow for awhile and the game hasn't kicked him" posts or the like.

That alone should free up their workload.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post

Cheers,
    Elrar Thank you for the reply and while I understand your post I can not think any good would come out of me working to get my characters to box in a Warfront.

I had made in game request to give my money back for patron I bought on five of my Boxing accounts, this morning I got credits to off set the patron packages. While it is not my money back and I will never spend the credits I do like the fact that you were trying to work with me I really do. I will not do any charge backs or try in anyway to get the hundreds I spent. While I have said several times I spent 300 dollars in the last month that was Lie I spent more was just embarrassed to put the real number in the forums, too many people think I'm a looser boxer already did not want to give them more ammo.

For the few people in this thread that were actually trying to find common ground and a solution thanks, Landu I think we were close to becoming friends even though I think you still hate me.

Trion free advice you did not ask for, but giving it anyway as my bonus to leaving. Since you did not give me an exact yes or now I figure I could toss out a good bye advice. When you are in a meeting one day with Trion talking about how to spend money to get more customers or how to decrease the people leaving the game. Remember Sally was trying to help find a solution for this, there are some good ideas in this thread not many but there are a few read them when you get a chance, I would have brought you more people too.

Hope I get to kill some of you guys in another game one day till then good bye, will not be responding to any private messages for those who have sent me some good luck to all.
    Last edited by sally; 08-12-2013 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock View Post
    One thing's for sure:

Your CMs won't be getting anymore "Hey, this guy in our WF has been on /follow for awhile and the game hasn't kicked him" posts or the like.

Instead it will say "theres a guy standing in the spawn just buffing himself". So much less workload.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerelith View Post
    Advantage over average player? Hardly. Better than the average player? Yes.
    you're really good at making up stuff to try and prove your case

and posting irrelevant stuff that you think proves your case

Quote Originally Posted by sally View Post
    Trion free advice you did not ask for, but giving it anyway as my bonus to leaving
    if they needed money from people exploiting their game, they could have just straight up made the game pay to win.

it's high time you stop acting like multi-boxers are some untapped cash cow waiting to be harvested. you're an exceedingly small demographic of players who are only drawn to the game because you enjoy griefing other players. you're not some key demographic that needs to be targeted and catered to

In three years I have not seen one person auto follow in pvp.

I have seen maybe 2 bots.

Ever.

Stop exagerating. You arent fooling anyone.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Trion can word it how they want.

Disabling auto follow in wfs is more then just limiting the effectiveness of them.

Its litterally slapping them in the face for supporting a game with a non multibox bias ToS then removing the ability for them to multibox. Without changing the ToS
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Keota View Post
    In three years I have not seen one person auto follow in pvp.

I have seen maybe 2 bots.

Ever.

Stop exagerating. You arent fooling anyone.
    I don't understand why if I or someone else says something, you then say "That's not true because I haven't seen that in 3 years" even though Trion themselves has gotten tons of tickets on it.

I won't argue with you about this. I'm going to let you think it doesn't happen at all. On any server. Ever.

I won't argue with you about this. I'm going to let you think it doesn't happen at all. On any server. Ever.
    it obviously is not an issue, it doesn't ever happen, trion must be loco for walking into a controversy firestorm for fixing something that isn't even happening in their game...

I don't understand why if I or someone else says something, you then say "That's not true because I haven't seen that in 3 years" even though Trion themselves has gotten tons of tickets on it.

The comedy of this is that in one breath they claim it rarely happens and it isn't a problem, but then in the next claim they are turning away a huge portion of the playerbase by making multi-boxing more difficult (not impossible) in PvP. Which is it? Huge or insignificant?

Soulwalker

Default i am still seeing multiboxers.

This weekend I had 2 matches versus a 5 cab multiboxer in regular warfronts and I ran into the Mr Saboteur and his sab multiboxing in conquest on monday. Reading through the thread i see /follow was actually on until monday, so it is possible that they were still using follow, instead of some other work around. I thought that they had figured a way to cheat the system, but evidently someones rotund belly must have hit a key while they were reaching for their mountain dew.

My opinion on multiboxers in pvp is; yes in opvp, yes in conquest, no in warfronts. Open world should be pretty much anything goes, conquest is such an incredibly dull and tedious experience, that i would actually wish it on my worst enemy (he can even "win"), but in warfronts a multiboxer can ruin the whole pvp experience for both sides. Warfronts are a different animal though; you have a very limited amount of people that can participate, so when Cab_00 #'s 1-5 are taking up half your team slots generally, your team aint gonna do too hot. Your team will get pissed when a dom simply AP's the whole stack, or they just get the snot blown up out of them as they are in a nice ae-sized snack stack. Instead of 5 players of random ability and expertise, you have 5 liabilities sucking up slots. Being on the opposing side is just as maddening, I may be abnormal, but I pvp for the competition and challenge. I like conflict. Being mediocre across 5 toons is not competitive or challenging for the other side, and I felt bad for the team that had the multiboxer on it. Please note that this is my opinion in warfronts only.
    Last edited by Karthax; 08-12-2013 at 12:07 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Whitmore View Post
    The comedy of this is that in one breath they claim it rarely happens and it isn't a problem, but then in the next claim they are turning away a huge portion of the playerbase by making multi-boxing more difficult (not impossible) in PvP. Which is it? Huge or insignificant?
    Boxers aside there are no problems with auto follow in pvp.

I never claimed boxers are a huge portion of the playerbase. Even one player who plays the game by the terms of service then gets trampled for it is stupid.

This is wrong on trions part technicly. Do boxers grief? Sure they do but im having a hard time understanding why everyone here is running into multi boxers 20 times a day when im lucky to see one once a week.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Whitmore View Post
    Well, the whole thing is sad if you ask me.

First they all claimed there were no facts being presented by all the 'whiners'. Prove it to 'ME', they said.

Then Trion proved it with an official statement from Daglar, and then they went to Plan B "Um... ok but those guys were rude! They insulted and called multiboxers child molesters, so they don't deserve to have /follow off".

Now they are going back to the 'I haven't seen anything in three years' argument.. with no proof...

....EXACTLY what they were accusing people of doing in the beginning. It's just sad.

i'm more annoyed by the instant adventure auto-follows.

every one i've joined in the past few days has had someone mounted and just /follow someone

it's probably even bot automated to automatically accept the teleport to the next zone when the 7-series is done and re-follow someone again

i wish devs would say THIS is bannable. i'd report these leechers all day

i'm pretty sure if i pvp'd at all i'd be seeing the same exact thing

Closed Thread
Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast