Closed Thread
Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Like Tree724Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: /follow disabled in Warfronts and Conquest

Quote Originally Posted by chaosultimamage View Post
    I'm on your side 100%, but just figured I'd point this out. None of us really knew that /follow had been turned back on for the most part. It's back off now from what some of the other posts seem to say, right?

Also, I can say, boxing 4 groups of 3 characters through pve and pvp content to the early-mid 40s so far, I've run into 2 other multiboxers in game. 1 in the open world and 1 in a warfront.

Even on my main leveling more recently from 50-60, didn't encounter a single multiboxer in Warfronts. They exist. I know. I do it. But, it's not a problem and even if it was - there's not a big enough issue to actually worry about "fixing" it.
    And being a boxer you are in the premade queues and therefore more likely to be put up against a boxer than the average player when queuing wfs. And you have seen only 1?

Quote Originally Posted by sally View Post
    I would make it a box say do not allow follow or allow follow in Warfronts, it is really hard for the game to tell the difference between boxers and premades I have heard no one in all the posts saying man my premade can't handle boxers. I want good competition when I box.

See I'm easy to get along Landru if more people would make suggestions like you just did and I have we can find a solution.

I dunno why you have to make a slight at me in the post though it is not necessary when trying to find common ground to toss and even small insults.

Also it was said no clue if it is true they were looking for a solution for the follow in CQ this will kill two birds one stone.

Would this work for you?
    Landru did you and I find a solution?

If two of us can agree we can work on getting more to agree to your idea.
    The "slight" is simply because you refuse to post from your main account and made this one just for this discussion...why hide?

As for the suggestion, if premades want to run against boxers they would check "yes" when asked, right?
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Quote Originally Posted by Aerelith View Post
    And being a boxer you are in the premade queues and therefore more likely to be put up against a boxer than the average player when queuing wfs. And you have seen only 1?
    Exactly. Only 1 other one. And he was actually also on my team, both of us 3-boxing. We got slaughtered and spawn camped.
    <The Project Hate> on Faeblight
    Nekronomica - Nekronomicon - Nekronomia - Nekronomis

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Landru View Post
    The "slight" is simply because you refuse to post from your main account and made this one just for this discussion...why hide?

As for the suggestion, if premades want to run against boxers they would check "yes" when asked, right?
    How would the game figure out who was a boxer?

I think your idea could work, I think several ideas could, I really like the idea that someone that is against boxing is willing to look for a solution.

To me it seems the easiest way to actually implement this would be consider all groups queing would be separate from non groups, then the people that were queing solo could have a check box to play vs Boxers Premades.

The game does try to put premades/boxers vs other premade/boxers but fills with solo players, so if a three person group goes against me boxing five, we end up with 10 people on my team that qued solo and 12 on theirs. At least this is the way I understand it and seems to work that way from my experience.

As far as what the box says It could say "I want to que vs cheating boxers" for all I care, I do not want people to have to face them that do not want too. I actually think it would speed up my que times.

Nice attempt to go circular.

When you consider that each bracket of PvP takes about 4 hours to get through (less if you are a patron) and a multiboxer only gets in once per 30 minutes, it isn't the issue you are making it out to be.

Honestly, how many times do you encounter a boxer per day?

Autofollow was on yesterday and I levelled a character from 10-25 in warfronts yesterday and didn't encounter a single boxer. Lets have an honest discussion here. Is the problem what you are making it out to be?

Advantage over average player? Hardly. Better than the average player? Yes.
    Um if multi-boxers (please stop calling them "boxers", that literally means nothing in this context) are so rare, who cares if they can't play the way they want to any more? If they are as rare as you attest, then my original logic clearly holds that there are more newbies that will be driven away by them then people negatively impacted by the change.

I mean, if each multi-boxer drives away 1 player, they are already a neutral influence. If they drive away two or more, they are a negative influence.
    Last edited by Sir Whitmore; 08-12-2013 at 09:20 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Whitmore View Post
    Um if multi-boxers (please stop calling them "boxers", that literally means nothing in this context) are so rare, who cares if they can't play the way they want to any more? If they are as rare as you attest, then my original logic clearly holds that there are more newbies that will be driven away by them then people negatively impacted by the change.

I mean, if each multi-boxer drives away 1 player, they are already a neutral influence. If they drive away two or more, they are a negative influence.
    Sir I think multi client would be better than either of those, I know myself I use one PC to run five accounts. Reason I use Boxer instead of Mulit-Boxer it is does not get kicked out as misspelled in my spelling check and is also shorter to type. It has never been my intention by calling myself a boxer to imply that I'm any different than what I am.

So what do you think of a check box that people have to check to allow them to face a Multi-Boxer, would this make you happy?
    Last edited by sally; 08-12-2013 at 09:30 AM.

And this argument I agree with.

This is why I am advocating that Premades not ever get thrown into general queues - which includes multiboxers - in sub 60 queues.

The result of such a change keeps pugs from getting roflstomped in all cases. Can't you understand that I don't want you to get rolled any more than you do?

I advocating on your behalf, but trying to focus on what the real issue is as opposed to demonozing a play style that isn't at fault for your experience.

And this argument I agree with.

This is why I am advocating that Premades not ever get thrown into general queues - which includes multiboxers - in sub 60 queues.

The result of such a change keeps pugs from getting roflstomped in all cases. Can't you understand that I don't want you to get rolled any more than you do?

I advocating on your behalf, but trying to focus on what the real issue is as opposed to demonozing a play style that isn't at fault for your experience.
    Lot of assumptions, chief.

I don't "get rolled" by mutli-boxers. I don't really PvP much these days. I just jumped in because I found it distasteful that the multi-boxer advocates refused to admit it gave a player an advntage. As I said earlier, I personally don't care about this issue. I just hate disingenuity.

As for Sally's proposal: why would anyone but mutli-boxers ever check this? Solo PUGs would never check it. Premades could go either way, but PUGs are already easy prey for them, so why rock that boat? I feel the only people you'd get checking it are Multi-boxers and premades specificially made to farm multi-boxers.

And that doesn't even get into the opportunity cost of tying up the resources to make a whole seperate queue for what? Less than 1 percent of the population, I'd wager.
    Last edited by Sir Whitmore; 08-12-2013 at 09:58 AM.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #610

Hey all,

Apologies for any confusion that arose over the weekend - it appears that we need to do some additional work to ensure that auto-follow remains disabled on characters.

It has been re-disabled this morning, but you may have noticed it working starting some point Saturday or Sunday - that was not intentional.

Cheers,

Default ....

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Hey all,

Apologies for any confusion that arose over the weekend - it appears that we need to do some additional work to ensure that auto-follow remains disabled on characters.

It has been re-disabled this morning, but you may have noticed it working starting some point Saturday or Sunday - that was not intentional.

Cheers,

you can disable me anytime studly.

Telaran

Hey all,

Cheers,
    Elrar is it Trions stance that there will be no multi boxing in Rift warfronts?

Simple yes or no Elrar and I will never post again.
    Last edited by sally; 08-12-2013 at 10:28 AM.

Lot of assumptions, chief.

I don't "get rolled" by mutli-boxers. I don't really PvP much these days. I just jumped in because I found it distasteful that the multi-boxer advocates refused to admit it gave a player an advntage. As I said earlier, I personally don't care about this issue. I just hate disingenuity.
    Regardless of your play status, there is nothing disingenuous about the statement. In a warfront context, it is 10-20 characters vs. 10-20 characters. The better coordinated team that focusses on the objectives always wins.

And when one player is coordinating as many as 5 characters, I can understand how you -think- it is an advantage... but you are wrong. It is only an advantage because there is not an equally coordinated group on the other team and I assure you that 5 players coordinating are better than 1 group of 5 identicle characters following and mimicing actions.

Keep them out of general population and the issue goes away completely.

Treat them as a well coordinated team and deal with them appropriately - with no more malice than you would have for any other premade.

Hey all,

Cheers,
    Thank you Elrar

I sure didn't feel like eating hats today after saying this:

A two day test isn't really a big enough test sample. That's like trying to determine your dps after redoing your build and killing two mobs.

It's more than likely unintended consequence. Trion isn't dumb enough as a company to study a matter for months as they admitted, pour over the data, make a change and then for giggles...

..turn it back on for two days to measure something.

I'd eat my hat if Daglar didn't come on tomorrow and state it was unintended, but then again, I have my knife and fork ready because I've eaten more than a few hats in my day.
    I guess I still don't have to eat it technically since you said it and not Dags.

Elrar is it Trions stance that there will be no multi boxing in Rift warfronts?

Simple yes or no Elrar and I will never post again.
    multiboxing is 100% allowed, he's said it in an earlier post.

they just removed the /follow command in PvP to discourage it from becoming a problem in PvP, but if you want to do it then go right ahead, there will be no consequences.

Closed Thread
Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast