Closed Thread
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree724Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: /follow disabled in Warfronts and Conquest

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

There have been a lot of threads on this.

Mostly, what bugs me is:

If your thread did in fact have this impact, then what's happened is: A series of completely false claims, including a number of things which cannot possibly have been true (like claims that multiboxers were causing people to be kicked by reporting them AFK -- the report-AFK feature doesn't work that way), appears to have resulted in something which will, as its most obvious effect, prevent good customers from playing the game legitimately... While rewarding abusive and dishonest behavior from a number of other customers.

Not a good precedent, I don't think, especially given the active troll population...
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

All the threads may of had 'some' impact, but, EQ2 has never allowed follow in battlegrounds, (wf's) and I believe it's now not an option in WoW?

I honestly don't think follow should EVER be allowed in warfronts, and now, it's not.

I don't care about the multi-boxers so much. There is some good ones, but very few. They should of always been placed against other pre-mades though, and they weren't.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

"My concern is mostly with the apparent precedent about the quality of feedback that will get a change made...."
    ==========
    Someone apparently doesn't like that the forums were used to abolish something they didn't like.

A wonder what a community ambassador would say if they had an issue they didn't like, made a post and it got changed by Trion in similar fashion. They probably would remark on how great it was that forums enabled players to voice their concerns and be heard by Trion.

Meh, if disabling is good enough for WoW, it's good enough for Rift.

Anyways, as a gesture of your loss, a truce:

There. Fair and Balanced. The word is spread.

Now anyone can now PvE multibox to their heart's content with help. No sense in just a few people getting rich in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    I love you Dags.
    Hands off!!

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    Get a few people to spam the forums with posts and you get something changed. Yup that sounds like a great way to decide how to change the game.
    Sounds like democracy in action, comrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei
    I'm not sure if you have read the horrible "we hate multi boxing" threads, but arguments against multi boxing are really horrible and have no real merit behind them.
    Kind of silly question to of all people, Daglar.

OF COURSE he read them... it's part of the reason it got changed. It made sense to him or he wouldn't have done it. Doh!
    Last edited by Laughingstock; 08-07-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by riane View Post
    hands off!!
    no!

/dagsismine!

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Right on.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Ascendant

Ladies stop fighting over Daglar

.. He's all mine already, you can't have him

awesome change /follow has no place in warfronts or conquest

@seebs make your mind up, you often complain when Trion doesn't listen and now you are complaining that listening sets a bad precedent I think the hate you have displayed for the rift community lately is biasing your opinions

@laughingstock at this point Rifts "community ambassadors" are mostly just a joke
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntled View Post
    make your mind up, you often complain when Trion doesn't listen and now you are complaining that listening sets a bad precedent
    My concern is: Real problems that haven't been completely debunked are still real problems. Meanwhile, the person who started the largest thread on the multiboxing thing has agreed that in fact this isn't even really a problem at 60...
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Good change! Thanks, Daglar.

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    in fact this isn't even really a problem at 60...
    I haven't seen much multiboxing at 60, either. In fact, I'm not sure I've seen any at all. But there was quite a lot of it in some brackets while leveling up (I started the week before FTP). As I passed through the 40's bracket, it seemed there was at least even odds that you'd see a boxer. Moreover, I don't believe I ever saw that boxer's team lose.

PvP is certainly a different animal at 60 in many ways. I don't think that means other levels are irrelevant, though.
    Snit - Chloromancer (Faeblight)
    Ratbag - Bard (Faeblight)

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #26
    Rift Team

Folks, I see any number of posts in here going back and forth between individuals. This is a thread for feedback on how this change affects your actual gameplay. Please take any disputes between individuals to another thread or to PMs.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    My concern is: Real problems that haven't been completely debunked are still real problems. Meanwhile, the person who started the largest thread on the multiboxing thing has agreed that in fact this isn't even really a problem at 60...
    Jealousy is an ugly emotion.

This is a great change. Thanks Daglar!

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post

Hmmm...now should I start a thread on Stealthers too.... only joking I promise I wont.
    LOL. please.......................don't. haha

Ascendant

This is what I have to say to the multiboxers in warfronts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdCUpiI1MSA

I'm ambivalent to its existence in Conquest cause I don't think it has any real effect.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    no!

/dagsismine!
    Ladies just stop. Dag is clearly mine.
    Even free cost too much now

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast