Closed Thread
Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree724Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: /follow disabled in Warfronts and Conquest

Soulwalker

A lot of Multiboxers including myself migrated to Rift pre F2P from World of Warcraft after the underhanded introduction of patch 5.2, personally I did some research into Trions stand on Multiboxing before migrating, which was acceptable but not supported.

Removing follow is a bad move towards the multibox community, Trion please don't forget that we came here to support you and many were here pre free to play model, Multiboxers are part of the Rift community now, don't treat us like second class citizens.

Gameplay affected : Yes in a negative way.

There will always be lover's and hater's of what we do, that's the nature of the beast.

Ascendant

Good morning!

This thread is for feedback on how the changes to game mechanics has personally affected gameplay. Debate and discussion about the positive or negative nature of multiboxing itself is off-topic and will be moderated. If you wish to continue that discussion, please do so in the thread found at this link:

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...p-get-out.html

Please keep in mind that all posts should be respectful and constructive, thank you.

Ran lvl 59 and below WFs last night, on my 57 warrior. The experience was extremely positive, not having to be one shotted. Didn't win one, as I kept being Merc'ed, but most were close and fun. Is that specific, enough?
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Donkey View Post
    And why does it need to be removed from open world .?
    No, you can avoid them in open world, nor are dailies based on being trapped with somone 1 button mashing one kill boxer...lol
    Last edited by Lords0fpain; 08-09-2013 at 06:53 AM.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Personally I don't see a need to have /follow available in WFs. But, it would be nice to keep it in CQ. CQ can go on for quite a while, and it would be nice to have the option to /follow to grab something to drink (or get rid of what you already had...) without having to hide and then spend twice the amount of time you went afk to try reach your team again on your own.

Unaffected either way for the most part.

Multiboxing had a negative effect on me while leveling my mage, as when encountering a boxer on the other team my team would almost instantly just give up and talk about how they were multiboxing, cheating, etc. This is a byproduct of the perspective a lot of people have about multiboxing in general. Because my teammates were "lazy/scared/unmotived/etc." I wasted time in each and every warfront where we encountered a multiboxer on the other team.

This was a negative experience for me at the time, so for others trying to level up I can see the removal of /follow being a good thing.

I would like to point out again that Trion has not changed their stance on allowing players to multibox, they simply removed the /follow command. I'm sure multiboxers can get around that if they are crafty.

Quote Originally Posted by djheals View Post
    Very negative please put it back in.

Everyone that quit Rift because of multiboxers are already gone.

Now by removing follow you will loose more customers, this is bad for the game and bad for the company.

The ques for a multiboxer are very long so anyone doing wfs very seldom face then as well.
    I'm going to start PvPing again for the first time in a long time, since Multiboxing was one of many reasons that I stopped PvPing.
    Last edited by Fragasm; 08-09-2013 at 07:10 AM.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    Unaffected either way for the most part.
    This was a negative experience for me at the time, so for others trying to level up I can see the removal of /follow being a good thing.

I would like to point out again that Trion has not changed their stance on allowing players to multibox, they simply removed the /follow command. I'm sure multiboxers can get around that if they are crafty.
    They can, but that may require hardware and possibly "scripting". Most won't bother.
    Let Elrar know you care @

https://twitter.com/GiantApproved

Good change in my view. Improves the quality of play in warfronts. Boxers in general I have no argument with, at all. I just never believed they have a place in warfronts. Keep up the good work guys.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

I don't PvP much, and I think this is a GOOD idea.

It kills two birds with one stone ... Multi-boxers in PvP as well as Leechers.

Good move.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

I don't use follow in warfronts and have a hard time coming up with a legitimate reason to do so. So yeah, no negative changes to my gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashpool View Post
    I don't use follow in warfronts and have a hard time coming up with a legitimate reason to do so. So yeah, no negative changes to my gameplay.
    this^^

sounds like a good fix. thanks!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=61980&dateline=132906  2110

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #223
    Rift Team

I'm sorry that I have not popped in here to give more details or engage in the discussion.

This change is not a direct result of "just some people complaining on the forums". This issue has been discussed internally since we changed the business model - we've been afraid that the amount of multi-boxing in certain environments would increase due to the fact that there is no longer a barrier to playing the game.

We've been watching the issue, and it has been on the rise. The number of multi-boxers out there is not astronomically high as some people claim. The number of /in game/ feedback reports on the issue has been steadily on the rise since our conversion.

I really want to embrace as many play styles as possible for RIFT. I really do. I don't want to turn away players.

Unfortunately certain play styles combined with specific activities (such as Warfronts), results in a sub-optimal experience for other users. When a single user has the potential - and be clear it is only ever potential - to cause another user to exit the game that simply isn't good for anyone. It isn't good for the multi-boxer, it isn't good for the person being killed by the multi-boxer, and it isn't good for the business.

I know this decision is polarizing - taking no action was also polarizing. We cannot make everyone happy all the time though we strive to, and we make decisions that we feel are best for the game. I'm deeply sorry that this conflicts with how some of you enjoyed playing the game up until now.

Bill "Daglar" Fisher
    Game Director

Champion

Uh oh! The undisputed King of Forum PVP is here to layeth the smacketh down!
    I for one welcome my new F2P Overlords

Rift Master

Awesome change .. ty <3
    misunderstanding the nature of statistics: (e.g., the majority of people in the United States die in hospitals, therefore, stay out of them.) "Statistics show that of those who contract the habit of eating, very few survive." -- Wallace Irwin

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast