+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: so no fix for supercharger scavenger hunt quest on this patch

Rift Disciple

Default so no fix for supercharger scavenger hunt quest on this patch

A very difficult and bugged quest gets no love in this patch.

It is difficult for some level 60's to get to this quest let alone anyone lower level. And then once you do get it, if you die and respawn, or if you exit the game and come back later...the temporary power bar with the positive/negative charges is gone, requiring you to abandon quest and go back and get it again.

Not cool.

Difficult? Yes. Bugged? No.

Actually once you know how to do it, it's not even difficult.

Rift Disciple

so dying and losing the negative positive charges is normal? I don't think so

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

The patch notes may not have mentioned this quest (and they should have, no excuse), but at the very least two things I have been told were changed in today's update were a fix to stop the temp ability going away on death and an increase to the number of platforms active at any one time (with a minimum of four up at all times).

I will try to find out if there were any other changes.

Rift Disciple

What if you still have the quest, but have died and so they are gone now...do you still have to go back and get the quest or should they show up? Because I can confirm they don't.
    Last edited by Ashkevron; 08-07-2013 at 09:18 AM.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

No, if you have already lost the abilities, then you will need to retake the quest. We don't have a way around that, unfortunately.

Rift Disciple

sigh....so another couple of deaths to get there, another couple actually trying to finish it....wonder if it's worth it at all

Rift Disciple

is the quest shareable? that would make it much easier to reaquire

i been doing it on all 6 of my 52s no problem. 5 of 6 done and the last 2 i did without a raid. my last guy did it in like 10 mins. he was lucky and got the positive then negative 1 on 1st 2 platforms i seen. 1 before that took like 3 hours of him only getting the negative one :/

its pretty fast for me now cause i know the route to take to check all spots fast and now how to avoid mobs as at this level they will 2 shot me. last guy i'm doing when servers come back up. 4 platforms up at a time now you say. WOW awsome that will make this last 1 a hell of alot faster and the buff and icons disappearing if i do die now has been fixed you say. thank you very much <8oD

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkevron View Post
    is the quest shareable? that would make it much easier to reaquire
    Yes, it should be shareable.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Yes, it should be shareable.
    Unless this functionality was added in today's patch it isn't.

Telaran

Good to hear, though I do wish these changes had gone in sooner. The fix to the temp powers ies *definitely* a good thing, given I had to re-get it three times before I finally was able to finish it.

As it was, the hunt wasn't hard--*if* you had a team of 8 people, 1 stationed at each location able to either call out the position and/or trigger it to move elsewhere. (I was lucky to get in on one such group--thumbs up to Shelby and Magnusleeth on Shatterbone for running the show!) Having more platforms spawning at a time will make it a lot easier and a lot less manpower-consumptive.

As for dying trying to get between places...heh. Not a problem with the hunt, there--I'd suggest you get a 130% mount, maybe do some Carnages (since they seem, at least to me, to reduce the aggro range of the carnaged mob), look into any other speed boosts you might have, and in general practice your mob avoidance a bit more. Follow the road system when you can--as was mentioned a couple of patches back, mobs tend to leave the road system clear. Even in the middle of Camp...Skyblast, I think it is? (the one in the SW corner of the zone), you can find ways around the enemies to get where you need to be.

I thought that reloading the UI would restore the charge UI if you died. So you didn't have to retake the quest. Any word on that? /reloadui

Horrible quest when I did it a while back. I tried to help a few guild mates do it tonight and can verify the following:

You can share it.
    You don't lose it when you die, (4 deaths no quest loss)
    Multiple platforms spawn. (Most we saw was 3)

We had a 60 (me) a 58, 54 and a 50 in the group. We also used zone chat and had 3 members of opposing faction coordinating with us. Took us about an hour or so to get everyone caught up on how to do it but everyone got the quest done.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lireh View Post
    I thought that reloading the UI would restore the charge UI if you died. So you didn't have to retake the quest. Any word on that? /reloadui
    I had to abandon and reacquire the quest, /reloadui didn't work for me. I was only able to do this by jumping on the platform at 15660 7726 as described in a earlier thread. Each time I tried to use an ability the platform would disappear. Eventually my son took mercy on me and did the jumping for me as I had fallen many times and was extremely frustrated. He was using a 110 run speed mount.

I still have no clue what I was doing wrong each time to make the platform disappear. If the charge up top was positive I used the negative. Got pulled up, bent down and clicked and poof.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast