Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: From the Live Stream - Adding /wardrobe for Equipment macros!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default From the Live Stream - Adding /wardrobe for Equipment macros!

A player asked a question about having the ability to include a wardrobe slot in their macro - one of the engineers capable of such a change thought it was a very reasonable request and had it done before we even finished recording.

So you'll be able to /wardrobe <wardrobe slot #> and have a little better quality of life when trying to look & play your best

We wish everything could be this easy - but we try to get these little bonuses whenever it is!

Have a great weekend.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Elrar; 08-02-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Ascendant

So this will be live next hotfix? or?

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

Quote Originally Posted by Faerugue View Post
    So this will be live next hotfix? or?

Probably not next, we need to make sure it's localized, but within the next few we imagine

Ascendant

Great... THANKS! Not for me personally, but I know many have asked for this for quite some time ...awesome it can be implemented!

Enjoy the drinks tonight (waves from across that big big pond) ... *sigh* ... can't you guys put a porticulum there to port us in?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    one of the engineers capable of such a change thought it was a very reasonable request and had it done before we even finished recording.
    whoever you are I LOVE YOU
    Last edited by Gruntled; 08-02-2013 at 03:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Soulwalker

What a great feature. Can't wait to have it put in. You go devs.

Thanks for the news! I will definitely be updating my addon to utilize this feature.
    Roles - A convenient menu for changing roles, equipment, and wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by Zormus View Post
    Thanks for the news! I will definitely be updating my addon to utilize this feature.
    You are the exact reason I brought it up during the live stream!

Plane Touched

Probably not next, we need to make sure it's localized, but within the next few we imagine
    localized as in language? What? I mean, it would probably take me 2min to google the name in all relevant languages (since you always translate macro-commands). But okay, you probably want to make sure they are correct. That's fine.
    Also, you could just push it as /wardrobe for all languages now and add the others later. But oh wait, that doesn't fit your system that you cannot use other language commands (ie. english-commands when running the german client). Which is totally bogus.
    And that's only the tip of the bogus-localization-iceberg.

PS: I cant even use my ability macros because they *require* the german ability name and german command if i switch to the german client for using the AH. Which is also totally bogus btw, see the link.
    Last edited by Wolffpack; 08-02-2013 at 05:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ911 View Post
    I'm sorry what am I supposed to be looking at? I'm too distracted by that hot dwarf in a bathing suit

Soulwalker

This would be nice to have. I don't typically use the macros for gear and such but having one for wardrobe switches could be of use. On another note though, I wish they'd given us gear slots, kinda like the wardrobe slots, because carrying around all that gear can be a little irritating sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by R Kneesocks View Post
    This would be nice to have. I don't typically use the macros for gear and such but having one for wardrobe switches could be of use. On another note though, I wish they'd given us gear slots, kinda like the wardrobe slots, because carrying around all that gear can be a little irritating sometimes.
    You should read about saveequip and loadequip commands
    And btw, nice and asked feature coming so that's great

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkiller View Post
    You should read about saveequip and loadequip commands
    And btw, nice and asked feature coming so that's great
    You should read his post.

A player asked a question about having the ability to include a wardrobe slot in their macro - one of the engineers capable of such a change thought it was a very reasonable request and had it done before we even finished recording.

So you'll be able to /wardrobe <wardrobe slot #> and have a little better quality of life when trying to look & play your best

We wish everything could be this easy - but we try to get these little bonuses whenever it is!

Have a great weekend.

Cheers,
    That is AWESOME NEWS!!! It'll make when I swap to a different role, SOOO much simpler. I'm vain I guess in others eyes, but I have a wardrobe for every spec I have. I play off of "visual clues", so when I see my character dressed one way, I know what hotkeys I have established for that role.

Perfectly done, thanks to everyone there at Trion. IEven though I have to go replace a head gasket on my daughters car now (and hope that's all that is needed) you've made my weekend much more enjoyable.

THANKS,

Dimps
    Dimples - Warrior Tank * flashing her smile, her dimples makes ones heart weep with desire
    Laurie - Cleric Tank * the embodiment of sacrifice and valor for noble causes
    Nicci - Mage * a firm believer in the sanctity and richness of life
    Dweia
    - Rogue * the scintillating tones of her dulcet voice is mesmerizing

Oh god, yes.

I've been dying for this pretty much since the instant I bought my second wardrobe set. I can't wait!
    Seranii@Greybriar - 60 Eth Warrior
    | SL: 11/12 T2, 5/8 T3 | NT: X/X T1 |
    < Dirty Casual until 3.0 >
    "One day you'll hang your head as you realize,
    You've heard it all but didn't listen to a word."

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    You are the exact reason I brought it up during the live stream!
    excuse me?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast