Closed Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ellohim
  • 1 Post By Krysanthe

Thread: Transfiguration Bauble ?

Default Transfiguration Bauble ?

Does using a Transfiguration Bauble on an item to change it's appearance, cause that item to become bound?

Basically, if I craft item X and use a Transfiguration Bauble to copy the appearance of a quest item that I happen to like, will item X become bound?
    I have a Transfiguration Bauble on char one, can I use it and then send the affected item to character two?

Thanks.

Also, I assume there is a limiter on Transfiguration Bauble that I can't use a sword look on a mace or a dagger on a two-handed axe, but further clarification is appreciated. Thanks.

Telaran

Not sure about the bound thing. But i did change my mage sword to axe, my totem to sword and my staff to 2H sword.

edit: cant change my cleric shield to anything else than shield
    Last edited by Ellohim; 08-01-2013 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellohim View Post
    Not sure about the bound thing. But i did change my mage sword to axe, my totem to sword and my staff to 2H sword.

edit: cant change my cleric shield to anything else than shield
    Thanks, well at least that answers one question for me.

Can a gun/bow be turned into a wand?

That would be awesome.

Harry Potter Marksman!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drynaut View Post
    Can a gun/bow be turned into a wand?

That would be awesome.

Harry Potter Marksman!!
    I was also curious about that, and if Guns and Bows could become other items and how that worked with them being ranged. Gun Blade? lol

Telaran

I've tested this. Using a transfiguration bauble doesn't make a item bound.

So therefore, you can copy a item on to something else and trade it to someone without problems.

One thing that does not work though is copying an item you like onto something and then handing that to someone to copy onto their favorite weapon... IE "a copy of a copy" doesn't work.

Careful about trying that because generally if you make that mistake (like I did) and ask customer support about a reimbursement, generally they would give you only one bauble back if any.

You can copy over most types of weapons as long as they fit into the same slot... So have a bow, want a gun, *poof* no problem. Want to shoot arrows out of your sword like you are some kind of Link from Legend of Zelda? Nope, not gonna happen... Technically I know it was swords but go with me on this...

Quote Originally Posted by Krysanthe View Post
    I've tested this. Using a transfiguration bauble doesn't make a item bound.

So therefore, you can copy a item on to something else and trade it to someone without problems.

One thing that does not work though is copying an item you like onto something and then handing that to someone to copy onto their favorite weapon... IE "a copy of a copy" doesn't work.

Careful about trying that because generally if you make that mistake (like I did) and ask customer support about a reimbursement, generally they would give you only one bauble back if any.

You can copy over most types of weapons as long as they fit into the same slot... So have a bow, want a gun, *poof* no problem. Want to shoot arrows out of your sword like you are some kind of Link from Legend of Zelda? Nope, not gonna happen... Technically I know it was swords but go with me on this...
    Thank you So much for the in-depth and detailed answer. Very helpful.

Shadowlander Couldntfindlolirace's Avatar

Can i turn a 1h sword into 2h sword if i dont equip an OH?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Couldntfindlolirace View Post
    Can i turn a 1h sword into 2h sword if i dont equip an OH?
    Nope, but you can turn a 2h staff into a 2h sword.

Or you can turn a totem into a 1h weapon and make a mage look like a rogue...

Fun for PvP!

Quote Originally Posted by Krysanthe View Post
    Nope, but you can turn a 2h staff into a 2h sword.

Or you can turn a totem into a 1h weapon and make a mage look like a rogue...

Fun for PvP!
    Sure it would be fun... the day bluebars turn pink or yellow and mages share same animations as Rogues or Warriors, and buffs and casts can be hidden. Either you tab target, or you check what you're facing. Either way, how you look doesn't really matter.

As for Wand into Bow/Gun and the other way around, I don't think that's possible even if both are ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    Sure it would be fun... the day bluebars turn pink or yellow and mages share same animations as Rogues or Warriors, and buffs and casts can be hidden. Either you tab target, or you check what you're facing. Either way, how you look doesn't really matter.

As for Wand into Bow/Gun and the other way around, I don't think that's possible even if both are ranged.
    actually having your weapon skinned as X weapon type gives you the default weapon swings of that weapon. Doesn't do a thing for bars though.
    Last edited by RivenDusk; 08-05-2013 at 05:21 PM.

Come have a look at Underlight Chamber (RP) Faeblight, my sprawling Wizard's Tower!

Quote Originally Posted by RivenDusk View Post
    actually having your weapon skinned as X weapon type gives you the default weapon swings of that weapon. Doesn't do a thing for bars though.
    A Mage dual wielding two one handers will still only hit with one hand more or less, while a Rogue or a Warrior will hit with both. Different weapons got different swings, but each class also have their own animations (and graphical effects for that matter).

Telaran

Dual wield Mage
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Transfiguration Bauble ?-2013-08-06_151701.jpg   Transfiguration Bauble ?-2013-08-06_151759.jpg  

Closed Thread