Closed Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Kragorn
  • 5 Post By Daglar

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: " it is taking longer than expected to prepare a new build with a fix for the issue."

Prophet of Telara

Default " it is taking longer than expected to prepare a new build with a fix for the issue."

I guess the concept of 'backing out and reverting to the previous version' is new here?

BTW, if this is so severe you HAVE to take the servers down within a few minutes of going live, how come your QA department failed to spot something so critical?
    Last edited by Kragorn; 07-31-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Soulwalker

Depending on how the patching process works, 'reverting' the patch might easily be just as difficult/time consuming, or even more so, than just fixing the issue.

As for QA not catching it, it sounds like it's an issue that only manifests with large populations according to a post from Daglar, which is a little difficult for a small (relative to playerbase) QA team to spot.

Software is hard.

Rift Disciple

because they were playing SWTOR the most superior, bug free and brilliantly programmed mmo of them all.

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Kragorn View Post
    Is the concept of 'backing out and reverting to the previous version' new to Trion?

BTW, if this is so severe you HAVE to take the servers down within a few minutes of going live, how come your QA department failed to spot something so critical?
    It isn't new to us, it just does not work the way you think it works. We are also in the unfortunate situation that our build farm was in a bad state due to internal maintenance in our RWC offices last night. That is the reason the build is going to take longer today.

As for why QA could not find it - it is a matter of scale. Our QA department is not thousands of users logging into the server doing hundreds of different actions. I'm not making "excuses" here, I'm just letting you know the reality of the situation.

I don't take our servers offline lightly folks.

~Daglar

Crap Happens, It sucks but what can you do.
    I'm recovering from having 3 heart stents put in this past Sat. and was hoping to hit 60 before I'm released to go back to work Monday.

I'd like to go outside during this downtime but my wife wont let me, guess I will go play something else till tonight.

Hi everyone,

We already have an ongoing discussion about this topic. If you'd like to share your thoughts, you'll find the main discussion thread here:

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...0-5-hours.html

We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue in the thread linked above so we can keep the discussions about this topic a little better consolidated.

As a friendly reminder, we do recommend using the forum search function (searching in thread titles works best) and checking through the last couple pages to see if there is already an existing thread about a topic you'd like to discuss. When topic discussions are consolidated, it not only makes it easier to use the search function, but it also aids the Rift Community and Development Teams when reading the forums and gathering feedback from your posts, ideas, and concerns.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread