Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Guess I won't play today...

Soulwalker

all sorts of fail

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    These threads are why Trion need to tweak their notifications in-game. "This server may be temporarily offline while we are applying a patch. Please view <link to announcement subforum> for more information."
    Why should Trion put in extra work for idiots who can't even read a forum or let alone use common sense and know patch = downtime? I don't know about Trion or everyone else, but imo a couple hundred less players who are just going to insult you without any prior research or knowledge and act like fools would be preferred over the $100 in total they might bring in.
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 07-31-2013 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Why should Trion put in extra work for idiots who can't even read a forum or let alone use common sense and know patch = downtime?
    It's not even just that. It's the same kind of people that would not read any notification anyway and blindly spam buttons to log in followed by a petulant post on the forum.

Oh thank you all!!! I had no idea there was a patch on. Nor did I know that you can apply the patch BEFORE it's done. I'm new to Rift so I don't know when the patch day is. Thanks! Anyone know how long the servers will be down?

Out of Doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
    I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
    To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
    Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!

-- J.R.R. Tolkien

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #20
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Morcelu View Post
    Started up rift applied update and now I can't even get into the game...sure glad Rift went FTP because no way would I pay for this.
    Hi, you seem to be having a problem lets see if I can help.

Every Wednesday the RIFT team applies a hotfix to our servers to apply minor fixes and in some cases update content. On very rare occasions we push this downtime to Thursday, or hotfix multiple times in a week if something goes horribly wrong.

RIFT hotfixes every week. Same bat time, same bat channel unless otherwise announced.

~Daglar

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post

Every Wednesday the RIFT team applies a hotfix to our servers to apply minor fixes and in some cases update content. On very rare occasions we push this downtime to Thursday, or hotfix multiple times in a week if something goes horribly wrong.

RIFT hotfixes every week. Same bat time, same bat channel unless otherwise announced.

~Daglar
    Ah man, you make me laugh really hard sometimes. Thanks for making my (semi-crappy) day a bit better.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Rhoanna View Post
    Oh thank you all!!! I had no idea there was a patch on. Nor did I know that you can apply the patch BEFORE it's done. I'm new to Rift so I don't know when the patch day is. Thanks! Anyone know how long the servers will be down?
    Currently, the servers are scheduled to be up in a couple minutes, but that might change. There is a patch note and notification forum near the top of the forum list that has the current information. I willpost again when it is updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post

~Daglar
    I bet you had a good laugh on this Daglar hahahhahaha
    Jbl

Prophet of Telara

Today 05:29 PM This is the last Rift Team post in this thread. #4
    Community Manager
    Elrar's Avatar Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Hey all,

We're in the process of verifying the shards right now - might be a couple of minutes past our ETA but assuming everything checks out we'll be opening very soon!

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Why should Trion put in extra work for idiots who can't even read a forum or let alone use common sense and know patch = downtime? I don't know about Trion or everyone else, but imo a couple hundred less players who are just going to insult you without any prior research or knowledge and act like fools would be preferred over the $100 in total they might bring in.
    You're right, it's too much extra work to type out that sentence I used in my example.

tl;dr check forumz

Everyone knows why the servers are locked: Ahov is running login scripts on multiple machines to make sure he's the first person logged in. He will then declare himself Leader of the Telaran Inquisition and will turn up everywhere unexpectedly.
    Last edited by Zazen; 07-31-2013 at 09:36 AM.

Why u no gieb me vip treatment in a free gaim!?>!??!

Plane Touched

I just want my free 450 credits could not give a toss if server is still down !

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Morcelu View Post
    Started up rift applied update and now I can't even get into the game...sure glad Rift went FTP because no way would I pay for this.
    How much did u pay for the account again ?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast