Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The hag's curse.

Default The hag's curse.

How do I get rid of this curse please. I get attacked in every town and city and dying near NPC results in a death loop.

Any quest / location info appreciated.

Last edited by Sakina; 01-26-2011 at 06:41 PM.

Soulwalker

Default hags curse fix

In Gloamwood Pines, right behind the Planar and rare Planar goods vendors is a house with a guy inside named Gwyddon Duskleaf who can cure you. You just got to get in the house.

Soulwalker

IMO they should at least make this part of the quest,
    i had the same problem and just didn't know what to do,
    thankfully there was this thread.

Default Guy says he healed me, but I'm still a wolf.

I'm pretty sure I got completely **** on because I got murdered the exact second he said he healed me, now HE thinks he's healed me, so there's no way for me to be healed and I'm stuck as a wolf. Is there any other way to fix this?

Soulwalker

Default Open a ticket

I had the same problem. It was so bad, it came to a point where I'm repeatedly dying at the graveyard the second I rez. There was no way I could go see this guy or do anything.

I petitioned it, and although I hate to say that it took me 36 hrs to get that fixed, it IS fixed now. I hope they will respond to your petition a lot sooner than they did for me. I suspect they will (the last couple of emails between me and GM were pretty quick).

Good Luck!

Soulwalker

You can try to soul walk to a safe area and circle outside the town to the hill just behind the portal. If you face the portal while on that hill there is a fairly safe route to the guy with the cure to the far right of the portal area - just cut between the houses on the hill and then left up the ramp leading to the guy's hut. The NPC with the cure isn't afraid of you. Be careful though, there is a patrolling NPC that will sweep through that area every few minutes. Just wait till moves on and you can make it. That's what worked for me.

The alternative is to wait for daytime, but I could never figure out what Telera-time it was when I was trying to get mine removed.

Rift Disciple

Youhave to finish the gloamwood quest story line and the hag will lift the curse. Mainly just the quests that take you to that stone keep area. There is a quest hub south of the keep that give most of the quests.

Rift Chaser

Yea there is a bug with being cured, and the curse itself. I got healed by the NPC, curse debuff was no longer on my bars. 2 minutes later while training I turn into a werewolf again and get destroyed by guards. Relogging fixed it.

This was after I had already waited out the 5 minutes to turn human again, only to soul recall and be surprised to find I'm a werewolf again upon loading. Fantastic, now my body is in the middle of town and I'm instantly ganked by guards as soon as I rez.

Easily the most annoying thing in the game so far.

Champion

Soul Recalling kept turning me into a wolf even with the debuff gone, it was weird. Seems to be ok for me now though.
    Last edited by Doddler; 03-01-2011 at 11:44 AM.

Rift Chaser

The forest spirit who you turn the quest into (after getting cursed) tells you in the quest text how to cure it.

She says "Go and see <whats his name> in Gloamwood Pines to cure it. Otherwise it will be cured once you kill The Hag."

It's right there in the text, if you bother to read such things. (Although if the removal from the guy in Pines is really bugged, that's a different story)

Rift Chaser

Yes, it's bugged. I had to kill the Hag, that cured it.

Rift Disciple

It's part of the story line turning into a wolf, how does it feel having to scamper around populated areas. The quest hub south of the keep will not transform u into a wolf on site like alot of other places. The quests from that hub provide your salvation.

Soulwalker

Default Killing the Hag

Quote Originally Posted by Achaiah View Post
    Yes, it's bugged. I had to kill the Hag, that cured it.
    How did you kill the hag? She has a green tag whenever I go in there and says she is not a legimate target.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Medor View Post
    How did you kill the hag? She has a green tag whenever I go in there and says she is not a legimate target.
    keep doing the quest line. its the very last quest in the line.

In my case, I didn't turn into a werewolf until over 24 hours later. I had no idea what was going on, when I soul returned to Gloamwood and all the NPCs turned on me. At first, I thought it was the Defiants had taken over the town, then it sunk in that I was a werewolf.

What someone suggested is what I did. I soulwalked to the hill over to the left and snuck out of town and back to the Hag and killed her. Although I think right in the middle of that run back the curse disappeared. But you can run the backroads until you get back to her hut.

Good luck~

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast