+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree15Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Fragment of Kaaz'Ra (Zone Event - Ashora)

Tried this once in with at least 3 raids going.....the trashmobs instakilled everyone over and over again for hours...

Second time my gear was totally broken I just left...never saw any boss or whatever it is at the end of this thing....and no idea if the others got it done.

So yes,it does seem kinda broken atm.

Ascendant

If you think this is horrible, don't start on the other two of the weekly bosses. They are worse for mechanics.

This needs quite a few raids (don't think I've seen it done with less than 6), and some organization and people knowing the mechanics or at least not chain pulling stuff whilst not knowing what they're doing .... and yes, lots of healers, but no healer can outheal ....

If not organized, and I've been in an encounter like that once, these three can take an hour, even longer ... and it doesn't have to be like that at all...

I'm not saying learn to play your class or anything like that (jeez, all I would have to do is turn the other cheek), but yes, these bosses have mechanics and such ....

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #18

Thumbs up

Hey all,

Just a quick note on this...

First I wanted to apologize for the difficulty on this event being way harder than originally intended, sometimes stuff slips through the cracks as we get caught up making awesome content for you to enjoy.

Secondly, this has been addressed in today's patch, but you won't see it mentioned in the community/patch notes.

Here's a quick rundown of what's changed:

The Kaaz'Ra Hive Builder, Kaaz'Ra Hive Firebug & Kaaz'Ra Hive Protector now have less hitpoints and hit for a lot less.
    Summoner of Kaaz'Ra spawned by the Altar of Kaaz'Ra clean up correctly.
    Summoner of Kaaz'Ra are now easier to destroy.
    The Roe of Kaaz’Ra are now far less punishing and are far better with the adds they spawn.

Hope this helps and thanks again for playing RIFT!

-Mort
    Last edited by Morticus; 08-07-2013 at 09:15 AM.

Rift Disciple

Lets get to the real point. That this very long, very hard event..is only worth 30 Infinity stones upon completion...

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #20

Quote Originally Posted by Rydis View Post
    Lets get to the real point. That this very long, very hard event..is only worth 30 Infinity stones upon completion...
    This is a bug and it's being looked into, thanks for pointing this out!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    This is a bug and it's being looked into, thanks for pointing this out!
    Good to know, thanks!

Shadowlander

I for one am happy to see some changes. Last night this event popped on Hailol and no one wanted anything to do with it. Me and 2 other people tried to get a raid started and the only responses we would get were "hell no that event sucks"

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sargonnas_KoA View Post
    I saw this even last night and already hate it. I would agree the mobs are kind of ridiculous, then the pod you have to kill has 45 million hps with the stupid guard mobs respawning constantly. It seems more tedious than worthwhile.
    The worst part of this is that there's what, 5 of those pods that have to be taken down before you even get to *start* on the boss itself. It's *boring*, is what it is, doing nothing but deal with these endless waves of elite mobs while sloooooowly grinding down the pod. I tried it the other night (forget how many people were there), and it was pretty much as described--plink away at the pod, trigger the mobs, wipe half the group, rez, then peel off one mob at a time until we could plink at the pod again. I mean Volan is a one-shotting death-machine, but at least that event is *fun*, with the different things you can do during it.

Tank you Mord.

There's nothing wrong with hard and engaging events, imo Dendrome proves that.

Just, ew, to how this one works lol. Even 2 raids of us, a while ago, couldn't do squat, even with real planning and effort 0_0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2