Closed Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Thesilentbob
  • 1 Post By Charlice
  • 1 Post By the_real_seebs

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Danse Macabre Scavenger Hunt

Soulwalker

Default Danse Macabre Scavenger Hunt

So I just notice that the Danse Macabre Quest for the Morban scavenger hunt references the lyrics to the Oingo Boingo song Dead Man's Party. Does anybody know how this is supposed to help me find some dancing dead crap?

The song reference won't help you find them, it's just fun. Look for a group of 4 or 5 dancing NPCs and join them. They are at several locations.

could someone list the locations please. i have been looking for them for 3 days now.

Quote Originally Posted by Godmoney View Post
    could someone list the locations please. i have been looking for them for 3 days now.
    http://www.riftscene.com/featured/th...mmerfest-2013/

Danse Macabre
    Join in the dance of the dead in Morban
    Head out towards "Last Pass" to the Senviva Estate. Go inside the building towards 13062, 6437 and you'll see a bunch of friendly NPCs by the name of "Dancing Dead." They do not despawn immediately when someone else dances, so you don't have to fight with people. Stand on the platform and use the /dance command!

Also, I was notified that this location isn't permanent and as there are other spawns, it has a timer for how long it stays in the location and then respawns elsewhere. Here are locations that others have notated:

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Champion

I hope I have the right chord that I found them at written here.

13537, 6520 They weren't indoors.
    What sig?

Sweet! thank you.

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    They do not despawn immediately when someone else dances, so you don't have to fight with people.
    Correct. Once someone finds them and dances with them, they won't leave and reappear elsewhere until everyone leaves and no players remain in the immediate area. The talking horse in Pelladane is the same way. There are no timers involved.
    Last edited by Tacitus; 07-31-2013 at 12:07 AM.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Correct. Once someone finds them and dances with them, they won't leave and reappear elsewhere until everyone leaves and no players remain in the immediate area. The talking horse in Pelladane is the same way. There are no timers involved.
    And by some strange coincidence, these were two of the ones that went the fastest for me, and that I had the most fun on, because I could ask other people whether they'd seen anything...
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Anyone else notice the quest givers name? Daa Nielfman?
    Shut your pie hole!!!

Rift Disciple

Set up a macro

Target Dancing Dead

Found them in several places

Soulwalker

Been chasing this for two days and haven't seem them. Had a guildy sit in the castle while two of us ran around Morban spamming "tar dancing dead" macro - none to be found. Beginning to think this is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruze View Post
    Been chasing this for two days and haven't seem them. Had a guildy sit in the castle while two of us ran around Morban spamming "tar dancing dead" macro - none to be found. Beginning to think this is broken.
    Just did it a couple hours ago, found them in the same place I found them on my other character. West of the quest giver, shortly after passing the two large rocks on either side of the road.

Shadowlander

found them very close to posted location:

13525 / 6515

Thanks!

Closed Thread