Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 10,000+ Lag , Server Disconnects

Quote Originally Posted by Rodarin View Post
    OK so I have logged into, Lotro, Swotor, WoW, GW2, AOC and Fallen Earth. I had to update a couple of them just to get in. I ran around all of them in a few cities and higher populated areas. Not one single bit of lag. Lotro was the slowest, and that is only because it always takes forever to get into the world, but once you get in everything loads instantly. Also the summer fest is going there and there are a lot of people in the game right now. Still zero issues. Latency at 42-88 0.0% loss. only cite that one because it is the only one that has any sort of latency at all.

Rift still running also (as it was when I was in all those games), In TB right now and have 1212 to 5600 Lat still. Lowest it gets down to is around 220.

So once again you can cite all the Micky Mouse reasons you want, Rift is the ONLY game of the dozen or more I have access to that is having problems. Even WoW, the one people cited originally as having 'problems". I had less than 30 Lat on that one. granted the server is sort of dead, maybe 20 people in SW right now. But I flew around and morped into a bunch of forms on the fly (druid) and no issues whatsoever.

Either way I generally only do crafting dailies in Rift anyway but went out after some motes and it was a mess, so the only reason I commented at all.

I have become immune to all the times I fall through the world and wind up underground because stuff renders so slow in the game, or I have 5 or 6 loading screens just running around TB passing in dailies. Outright stuttering is something I didnt get at all, and only now have gotten in a few cases. Running around collecting motes was never one of them. But I also have never seen 10K lag spikes sitting in TB either.
    Keep posting your cancer, friend, it really shows us how "samrt" u are

OK so I have logged into, Lotro, Swotor, WoW, GW2, AOC and Fallen Earth. I had to update a couple of them just to get in. I ran around all of them in a few cities and higher populated areas. Not one single bit of lag. Lotro was the slowest, and that is only because it always takes forever to get into the world, but once you get in everything loads instantly. Also the summer fest is going there and there are a lot of people in the game right now. Still zero issues. Latency at 42-88 0.0% loss. only cite that one because it is the only one that has any sort of latency at all.

Rift still running also (as it was when I was in all those games), In TB right now and have 1212 to 5600 Lat still. Lowest it gets down to is around 220.

So once again you can cite all the Micky Mouse reasons you want, Rift is the ONLY game of the dozen or more I have access to that is having problems. Even WoW, the one people cited originally as having 'problems". I had less than 30 Lat on that one. granted the server is sort of dead, maybe 20 people in SW right now. But I flew around and morped into a bunch of forms on the fly (druid) and no issues whatsoever.

Either way I generally only do crafting dailies in Rift anyway but went out after some motes and it was a mess, so the only reason I commented at all.

I have become immune to all the times I fall through the world and wind up underground because stuff renders so slow in the game, or I have 5 or 6 loading screens just running around TB passing in dailies. Outright stuttering is something I didnt get at all, and only now have gotten in a few cases. Running around collecting motes was never one of them. But I also have never seen 10K lag spikes sitting in TB either.
    Don't bother trying to post anything negative about Trion on these boards dude, the throngs of fanboys will just jump down your throat.

Soulwalker

The NSA is watching us level.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #19

Hey guys,

We're all just starting to get into the office this morning - I'm following-up to see if there's any new updates on this matter, thanks!

I'd just like to comment that practically every single game you mentioned has a location in Flordia/Seattle.

GW2 - Seattle
    LOTRO - Chicago/Seattle
    SWTOR -Florida --> Austin actually doesn't re-route through TX.
    AOC - Seattle
    Fallen Earth - San Diego.
    WoW - Florida --> Austin/Dallas (Doesn't re-route)

Trion's primary servers are in Dallas and their EU servers are in Amsterdam.

It would help, if you had another game with a primary table located in TX but, unfortunately, you don't.

Again, this is a situation of logic.

If you have 5 hops and the final hop is having maintenance then you //WILL// have connection issues.

There are about 5 possible hops INTO TX based on your location so, once again, I'm not diagnosing your issue, I'm just saying that MANY people are having connection issues right now...Not just you.

I really wish, above/beyond this that colleges required an internet 101 class that included routing table demographics and not just a "this is how you type"...Would clear up 99.9% of the stupid, instantaneously.

I have no issues with my hops what-so-ever and am connected to Rift @83ms right now but, that's because I'm testing a Nginx/Unix server ATM. BTW I am in NE.
    Last edited by Masked; 07-25-2013 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masked View Post
    I'd just like to comment that practically every single game you mentioned has a location in Flordia/Seattle.

GW2 - Seattle
    LOTRO - Chicago/Seattle
    SWTOR -Florida --> Austin actually doesn't re-route through TX.
    AOC - Seattle
    Fallen Earth - San Diego.
    WoW - Florida --> Austin/Dallas (Doesn't re-route)

Trion's primary servers are in Dallas and their EU servers are in Amsterdam.

It would help, if you had another game with a primary table located in TX but, unfortunately, you don't.

Again, this is a situation of logic.

If you have 5 hops and the final hop is having maintenance then you //WILL// have connection issues.

There are about 5 possible hops INTO TX based on your location so, once again, I'm not diagnosing your issue, I'm just saying that MANY people are having connection issues right now...Not just you.

I really wish, above/beyond this that colleges required an internet 101 class that included routing table demographics and not just a "this is how you type"...Would clear up 99.9% of the stupid, instantaneously.

I have no issues with my hops what-so-ever and am connected to Rift @83ms right now but, that's because I'm testing a Nginx/Unix server ATM. BTW I am in NE.
    Quit trying to explain something that is clearly outside his logic of understanding, he clearly does not internet and never will, your post while helpful to people that understand the basics is clearly flying over the head of the small minded.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Hey folks, just checked the on-call chat before heading to bed. It appears that this is not actually on our end specifically but a major ISP is doing maintenance which is causing connectivity issues for some users with our data center.

Estimated time of the maintenance from said ISP is apparently 6:00 AM.

Sorry folks -- this appears to be out of our hands at the moment but I assure you jets were scrambled on our end to make sure it was not something we could address.

~Daglar
    Ummm Daglar...I am getting 6k spikes and DCs BUT...

Code:
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Tracing route to vl601.dal-s6501.dal.triongames.com [208.94.26.1]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  XXXXXX [XXXXXXXXXX]

2    36 ms    20 ms    29 ms  c-71-224-96-1.hsd1.pa.comcast.net [71.224.96.1]

3     9 ms     9 ms     8 ms  xe-0-2-0-32767-sur01.newhanover.pa.panjde.comcas
    t.net [68.85.153.65]

4    12 ms    10 ms    25 ms  xe-16-1-2-0-ar03.ivyland.pa.panjde.comcast.net [
    69.139.192.193]

5    14 ms    15 ms    12 ms  pos-3-15-0-0-cr01.newyork.ny.ibone.comcast.net [
    68.86.95.1]

6    18 ms    19 ms    19 ms  he-4-15-0-0-cr01.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net [6
    8.86.87.197]

7    33 ms    31 ms    31 ms  he-4-9-0-0-cr01.56marietta.ga.ibone.comcast.net
    [68.86.89.174]

8    53 ms    56 ms    54 ms  pos-1-6-0-0-cr01.dallas.tx.ibone.comcast.net [68
    .86.85.153]

9    50 ms    56 ms    49 ms  be-16-pe02.1950stemmons.tx.ibone.comcast.net [68
    .86.83.118]

10    51 ms    51 ms    49 ms  vl601.dal-s6501.dal.triongames.com [208.94.26.1]

Trace complete.

So where is this ISP problem of which you speak?
    Last edited by Galibier; 07-25-2013 at 08:20 AM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Ummm Daglar...I am getting 6k spikes and DCs BUT...

Code:
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Tracing route to vl601.dal-s6501.dal.triongames.com [208.94.26.1]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  XXXXXX [XXXXXXXXXX]

2    36 ms    20 ms    29 ms  c-71-224-96-1.hsd1.pa.comcast.net [71.224.96.1]

3     9 ms     9 ms     8 ms  xe-0-2-0-32767-sur01.newhanover.pa.panjde.comcas
    t.net [68.85.153.65]

4    12 ms    10 ms    25 ms  xe-16-1-2-0-ar03.ivyland.pa.panjde.comcast.net [
    69.139.192.193]

5    14 ms    15 ms    12 ms  pos-3-15-0-0-cr01.newyork.ny.ibone.comcast.net [
    68.86.95.1]

6    18 ms    19 ms    19 ms  he-4-15-0-0-cr01.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net [6
    8.86.87.197]

7    33 ms    31 ms    31 ms  he-4-9-0-0-cr01.56marietta.ga.ibone.comcast.net
    [68.86.89.174]

8    53 ms    56 ms    54 ms  pos-1-6-0-0-cr01.dallas.tx.ibone.comcast.net [68
    .86.85.153]

9    50 ms    56 ms    49 ms  be-16-pe02.1950stemmons.tx.ibone.comcast.net [68
    .86.83.118]

10    51 ms    51 ms    49 ms  vl601.dal-s6501.dal.triongames.com [208.94.26.1]

Trace complete.

So where is this ISP problem of which you speak?
    Its a rubberbanding issue, try tracing a few more times and it might show its ugly little face

Soulwalker

As of a minute ago, I'm still experiencing the same issue. So, either the ISP is still performing maintenance (at 9:35 PST), or their maintenance didn't work, or something else is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by arrakis9 View Post
    Its a rubberbanding issue, try tracing a few more times and it might show its ugly little face
    I actually ran it like 10 times...they were all fairly consistent.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by arrakis9 View Post
    I am in Houston, Tx and getting 7ms-18ms per hop from here to Trionworlds.com in Dallas. However, even the forums were acting really sluggish a few minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Span View Post
    I am not with ATT. Timewarner is saying they have no maintenance. So care to look into this further since its now 9:30pm cst and the lag is still bad as ever?
    Sorry dont mean to break it to you harshly but exactly who do you think owns like 90% of the fiber loops in the US? Time Warner and most of your other ISPs lease access to the fiber backbone from ATT. If they do maint... everyone who leases from them does maint.

if its that bad log off and go outside, do laundry, find a girl/ guy to ****, do something.... but complaining isn't helping, its not Trion
    Chemicalimbalance - Rogue - Wolfsbane
    Sleep is Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by mckeough View Post
    if its that bad log off and go outside, do laundry, find a girl/ guy to ****, do something.... but complaining isn't helping, its not Trion
    then why do 10 tracerts say it is? Just curious...but is anyone claiming it is NOT Trion a person who has run a tracert?

Quote Originally Posted by Compaq View Post
    Don't bother trying to post anything negative about Trion on these boards dude, the throngs of fanboys will just jump down your throat.
    So says the man who named himself after one of the crappiest computers ever. Seriously Im having lag issues in work applications and have been told its due to ATTs yearly routing table updates. Its not a constant thing but they are making things flow a different way and untill it shakes itself out I don't know what to tell you. Trion isn't perfect hell some of this could be code related but there are major latency issues web wide not at just one company.
    As routes reestablish themselves these issues will subside both in game and out. As far as other games? No idea but Trion has its servers in TX and depending on what game/ application you can be going through a whole other set of routers to get there and those may have been updated already. Just chill and it will pass.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast