+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree172Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Summerfest Goodies! -Swimsuits, Pets, Wardrobe!

Aww I'm still at work nice info anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    The in-game prices for these items look, to me, that they are inflating the cost to encourage buying the stuff with credits.

Particularly how many of the items need 3 bracelets and I believe, if it's like last year, you only get 1 bracelet a week.
    Don't forget all currencies were inflated since prior events, especially with everyone having vials maybe it won't be so bad.

Unless events are giving 1 ticket regardless.

Soulwalker

Are these items on the store yet, or do I just not know where to look?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeonblade View Post
    If a digital bathing suit that costs roughly $6 ruins an entire month long event for you, I weep for our species. Why not support the game you play with a measly 5 or 10 bucks for what you want?
    I've given Trions hundreds of bucks for their game, expansion, side stuff, and Rift Store stuff.

I just don't like a feature of a new year of a world event (and it IS a feature, with how much they talked about it), to be stuck behind a pay wall. Sorry.

I think I would have been cool if a plain or faction-themed one was available from in-game vendor at even a high price, or a questline, and the rest being on Rift Store. As it is, it's a feature of a world event that you can't access unless you have several 1000s of plat for REX, or $. Eh, oh well, I just won't be as interested in Summerfest.

EDIT: To make myself perfectly clear - I would possibly even BUY the swimsuits. I've bought a bunch of Credits and REX before. That there isn't an in-game option for *one* means that I'm going to feel that I'm being milked (oh my poor feelings!) so as a result, they won't be getting any of my money.
    Last edited by Maeloda; 07-23-2013 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    I've given Trions hundreds of bucks for their game, expansion, side stuff, and Rift Store stuff.

I just don't like a feature of a new year of a world event (and it IS a feature, with how much they talked about it), to be stuck behind a pay wall. Sorry.

I think I would have been cool if a plain or faction-themed one was available from in-game vendor at even a high price, or a questline, and the rest being on Rift Store. As it is, it's a feature of a world event that you can't access unless you have several 1000s of plat for REX, or $. Eh, oh well, I just won't be as interested in Summerfest.
    You bring up strong points. I just continue to look at it as I would be paying $15 a month happily to play the game anyway, what's $10 one month? Different views make the world go round!
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Don't forget all currencies were inflated since prior events, especially with everyone having vials maybe it won't be so bad.

Unless events are giving 1 ticket regardless.
    If that's the case then their argument for Patron being helpful isn't even valid anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeonblade View Post
    You bring up strong points. I just continue to look at it as I would be paying $15 a month happily to play the game anyway, what's $10 one month? Different views make the world go round!
    Yeah, except when you weep for our species at reading those different views.
    Last edited by Maeloda; 07-23-2013 at 10:19 AM.

Ascendant

I can't say I'm too happy about the rings you listed being purchasable with credits. Here's why:

Up until Grim Awakening was released, Arcbound Knuckle was BiS for Rogues as far as rings go. Here are the stats:

Strength +56
    Endurance + 56
    Dexterity +74
    Crit Power +57
    Resist All +192
    Hit +65

Here are the stats on the ring above purchasable with credits:

Strength +58
    Endurance +52
    Dexterity +76
    Crit Power +57
    Resist All +192
    Hit +65

So, as we can see, the credit-purchasable ring is slightly better than a ring that was, up until very recently, BiS. While I realize that the ring I'm referring to is, technically, no longer BiS with the arrival of Grim Awakening (Salvarola drops a ring that is substantially better than both of the above), I do recall a conversation with Daglar prior to 2.3 where he responded to me saying that he does not consider "tier 2" to actually be "out" until 2.4 when the two 20 man raids drop. He went on to say that nothing would be purchasable with credits that would be as good or better than the current tier - which is, by his own logic, tier 1 right now.

Honestly, I don't really care too much since it's just a ring but I did want to point it out just to keep everyone honest.
    Last edited by Synovia; 07-23-2013 at 10:21 AM.
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    Yeah, except when you weep for our species at reading those different views.
    Just because there are different views doesn't mean I have to understand or agree with them, so long as they have the freedom to hold those views.
    Last edited by Aeonblade; 07-23-2013 at 10:21 AM.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Synovia View Post
    I can't say I'm too happy about the rings you listed being purchasable with credits. Here's why:

Up until Grim Awakening was released, Arcbound Knuckle was BiS for Rogues as far as rings go. Here are the stats:

Strength +56
    Endurance + 56
    Dexterity +74
    Crit Power +57
    Resist All +192
    Hit +65

Here are the stats on the ring above purchasable with credits:

Strength +58
    Endurance +52
    Dexterity +76
    Crit Power +57
    Resist All +192
    Hit +65

So, as we can see, the credit-purchasable ring is slightly better than a ring that was, up until very recently, BiS. While I realize that the ring I'm referring to is, technically, no longer BiS with the arrival of Grim Awakening (Salvarola drops a ring that is substantially better than both of the above), I do recall a conversation with Daglar prior to 2.3 where he responded to me saying that he does not consider "tier 2" to actually be "out" until 2.4 when the two 20 man raids drop. He went on to say that nothing would be purchasable with credits that would be as good or better than the current tier - which is, by his own logic, tier 1 right now.

Honestly, I don't really care too much since it's just a ring but I did want to point it out just to keep everyone honest.
    I am kinda meh on it. One thing, you can get them with 5000 badges and 3 bracelets or 1152 credits. Another thing, it is unique equip, so you are only getting one. Is this the slipper slope? I dunno. In all sincerity, with all the people complaining about rings not dropping for them, this may be a viable solution. I think we are also close to seeing +65 crafted rings anyways.

for that amount of credit... my characters will continue to swim in their undies...

Nothing is making you go the credit route. I'll happily cut some music on and grind it out.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    for that amount of credit... my characters will continue to swim in their undies...
    [IMG][/IMG]

No worries - for that amount of credits I'll still be wearing the Kelari top from EI and the chain legs from Stillmoor (there's a crafted thong somewhere as well.)
    Seon Ronpeth @ Leviathan
    <Perfect Balance>
    70WHM 70AST 70SCH 70SMN 70DRK 70BLM 70 RDM70 NIN70 DRG Disciple of Hand & Land

Plane Touched

Prices look like they're fluffed up like most of the new dimension items to encourage credits instead of in-game currency.

Quote Originally Posted by psychopsilocybin View Post
    Prices look like they're fluffed up like most of the new dimension items to encourage credits instead of in-game currency.
    Sidenote, but actually, looking at the current prices of the new dim items... while some make absolutely no sense... I'm actually pretty cool with some of the more unique looking pieces costing more plat (even into the 100s)... it just seems right.

But yeah, for building block type pieces, yuck.
    Last edited by Maeloda; 07-23-2013 at 12:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast