+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10
Like Tree172Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Summerfest Goodies! -Swimsuits, Pets, Wardrobe!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmort View Post
    I bought the box of bikinis, a bit overpriced yes but couldnt help myself lol
    Where is the beaver?
    - Asus Maximus V GENE - Intel i5-3570K @ 4.4 Ghz + Gelid Solution Tranquillo rev.2 -
    - 8 GB DDR3 CRUCIAL Ballistix Sport VLP 1600MHz CL9 1.35V @ 2000Mhz CL11 1.65V -
    - Gigabyte Geforce 660 (GV-N660OC-2GD) 1200/6500 - 240 GB Kingston HyperX 3K -
    - Enermax Platimax 600W - Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl -

Quote Originally Posted by JoshyBoy View Post
    This is what is said about the Swimsuits on the announcement post:

"Summer fashion’s alive at the RIFT Store! Sport a variety of swimsuits and exclusive items including Sunset, a feisty avian companion."

Found: http://community.riftgame.com/en/201...rfest-returns/

You could argue that "It doesn't specifically say it's only through the Rift Store," but when I read it, that's how I understood it, and I don't know how anyone else would understand it as anything but that. =/
    They were talking about swimsuits before that page was put up, and that is when they were vague about it.

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    So, was browsing the shop, and I noticed a thing.

There are many items which are definitely cosmetic/fluff items, but which only have prices in in-game currency. No price in credits.

Think about that a bit.

I believe that this is convincing evidence that there is a lot less cash grab here than people seem to be assuming. There is no reason for a company focused primarily on selling things for credits to have desireable items in the shop which cannot be bought for credits. And we're not talking about the P2W issue; it's not just raid gear or whatever. Stuff like the low-level Summerfest gear. Some of the things you can buy for lucky coins (like the Bogling Surprise hat) or for plat (like the costume versions of starter gear).

And that, I think, tells us a lot about the intent and design of the shop.
    I don't think it's a cash grab. Just a misleading representation of a world event, whether intended or not.

I wouldn't even be posting in this thread in this way, if they just had a proper Summerfest lead-in and article, and a separate but related article for the swimsuits. In fact, that probably would have worked better on an advert front, because they could have it in big capitals on the front page of the website.

More "We're starting to sell swimsuits when Summerfest starts!" less "Summerfest is here, and with it, you requested it!, swimsuits!". Is that picky? No, imo, not in a genre where this stuff can get worse and worse for annual events over time.

That's all. I'm not even upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Couldntfindlolirace View Post
    since we are f2p now, can i get my fetish costumes?
    yes please ;)
    Chemicalimbalance - Rogue - Wolfsbane
    Sleep is Overrated

Soulwalker

So, anyone found a companion yet?

To find one, just need to run around the zones in Mathosia?

Default Weapon appropriate with beachwear?

Anyone know if we can hide weapons, or if we have to unequip them? I couldn't find anything in my cursory wiki/google search last night.

My sword is hiding my sexy backside!

lol. I was enjoying the auto complete of quests from zoning around. Made me smile and think 2.4 will have auto raid clears
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Laij View Post
    Anyone know if we can hide weapons, or if we have to unequip them? I couldn't find anything in my cursory wiki/google search last night.

you cannot hide weapons
    Chemicalimbalance - Rogue - Wolfsbane
    Sleep is Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    So, was browsing the shop, and I noticed a thing.

There are many items which are definitely cosmetic/fluff items, but which only have prices in in-game currency. No price in credits.

Think about that a bit.
    Summerfest wardrobe/pet/stuff items didn't have a $ price tag until yesterday. I imagine they all will soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Laij View Post

Maybe morph it into something little like a dagger.
    Last edited by Charlice; 07-25-2013 at 02:36 PM.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Wtb budgie smugglers for my male Bahmi, STAT!
    Ok, I laughed at that far more than I probably should have.
    Server issues? Check here first - http://www.riftgame.com/en/shardstatus/

Quote Originally Posted by koeta View Post
    wow not only was the price on the test server silly for a 2 piece event outfit, but they upped the price even more when it went live, I really like Rift and Trion but this was a **** move if you ask me.
    They did this with Defiance as well, increasing the costs of most items between 400-500%, and then tried to tell everyone the prices were 'comptetitive'.

Apparently, even after assurances from the Rift team that they wouldn't pull similar BS moves, they've fallen in with the Greed Collective™.
    Server issues? Check here first - http://www.riftgame.com/en/shardstatus/

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

All the screenshots from my initial post were taken from the PTS before Summerfest went Live.

Prices are exactly the same, 994 credits for the swimsuits

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop in and comment on this thread.

I've made it pretty clear before, during, and after the transition that certain cosmetic items would only be available for credits. This fits in line with our philosophy of earning power in the game. The slippery slope comments are a bit misguided in this regard.

I know it is disappointing for some of you to be unable to do the world event content and earn these exclusive items - but I've never been shy about making it clear that we need to run a business here and make money to support the game. I strive to make sure that we are doing that in the most customer friendly fashion that I can.

It is a fine line to walk - and we'll keep walking it and trying to stay on the path.

Bill "Daglar" Fisher
    Creative Director: RIFT
    I agree that pricing should adjust, as with any goods. I also think your store needs more stuff, but that will probably come along.

Overall, I think you have done the best job I've seen so far with the "cash shop" in an FTP game - take that for what it's worth, but I'm 49, and been playing these games as long as there's been computers and the internet ;)

I like your game generally, and you provide very good service on the tech/content/etc end.

I wish you the best.

Soulwalker

Default Yes, they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    Although I think they cost too much.........do we know if their dyeable??????

Yes. The Swimsuits are dyable. I have the Teal and White one, except mine is colored black and red.
    Unfortunately, I can't get a screenie, because my external hard drive crapped out on me, and my laptop doesn't have the memory to run rift...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10