+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Please bring back the old models, detailed and good reasons given:

Default Please bring back the old models, detailed and good reasons given:

Rift had great taste at the start, but really dropped the ball on some of these models, at least give us the option of choosing them again, even through cash shop. I would gladly pay.

1. Gravelord lich form, the old model was as cool as, really awesome the new model is dull and unremarkable but at least in this case it shows up elsewhere in the game. Still its too tame. Its supposed to make your necro feel awesome.

2. The warrior pet now looks like childish puppet thing with bad hair, I loved my warriors old cool purple phantasmal cat from the greater wilds, he was bad to the bone, his name was phantasm, now the name makes no sense. I thought the old one was even pretty in a viscious exotic way. The new thing looks like Alf crossed with a cat.

3. The fey driud pets are not real fey as they appear in the game, there rifts version of tinker bell and are not plane of life fey as shown in the game with wired little aristocratic faces and wild hairdos. I want the old fey back, don't like her outfit? Fine change her clothing to something more appropriate but make her a real fey again.

Rift please don't lose your origin to appeal to another audience keep it sharp and as realistic as possible.
    Truth is Beauty, Beauty Truth..

Come on people. Surely some of you must have liked at least one of the old models?

I want the old Bahmi walk back.
    Faeblight is the home of Taaltos
    ***Triumph through Loyalty Respect and Perseverance.***

--Taaltos--
    Always willing to make an *** of himself so you don't have to.

I like the druid pets as they are now.

Telaran

Please, Trion!

Make the models fit my taste!

Ascendant

I did like the purple cat, his name was epic and he was the only reason I rolled a warrior
    but I like the new models as well

I don't want to complain about new models, the water elemental still doesn't have a new model and it is a dreadful model - don't want to ruin the chances that one will get an updated by complaining about the updated models!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntled View Post
    I did like the purple cat, his name was epic and he was the only reason I rolled a warrior
    but I like the new models as well

I don't want to complain about new models, the water elemental still doesn't have a new model and it is a dreadful model - don't want to ruin the chances that one will get an updated by complaining about the updated models!
    The air elemental was the only improvement they made in the way of looking cool. Otherwise they had it right the first time.

Please, Trion!

Make the models fit my taste!
    I just want the option of choosing orginal in game models distinctive is not always better than whats in game.
    Last edited by Questoften; 07-17-2013 at 12:54 AM.

I preferred the undead rogue model with hooded cloak and dagger for necro pet.

The druid pets... hm... can't say I miss them tho', I did like the 'big' faerie. Had the same head-turning effect as a giant poodle (standard). This is a faerie that means business! I miss chuckling at all the faeries with the bouffants. The satyr was pretty mean looking... but I quite like the new one with its gazelle hops lol.

No, don't miss the striped purple cat O.O but not a real big fan of the new ones. There's someone in the art department with a thing for mullets I'm sure
    My shiny carapace is cracked. I should have never left the sea. Krugon.

Soulwalker

I kinda like the new models. I do agree that the new cat for warriors looks stupid with that damn mohawk. Take it away and it would look better. I am indifferent to the new fire elemental pet.

3 pets still need an updated model: Lesser Earth Elemental, Greater Earth Elemental, and Water Elemental. The lesser earth elemental looks like a pile of grey turds, while the greater version looks like a pile of molten turds.

What I would REALLY want, is the ability to make any of my pets able to tank. Really tired of the earth elemental, and that stupid pig. Especially the pig.

2. The warrior pet now looks like childish puppet thing with bad hair, I loved my warriors old cool purple phantasmal cat from the greater wilds, he was bad to the bone, his name was phantasm, now the name makes no sense. I thought the old one was even pretty in a viscious exotic way. The new thing looks like Alf crossed with a cat.
    The purple cat was actually the reason for me to roll a warrior.

I like the other modle changes, though I also love the old necro melee dps skeleton.
    I am glad to have the death disguise which solves that problem for me.
    For all you new Rifters who want more than just to play: Be ascended!
    Click this link, ascend and enjoy a better gameplay with a Free 16 slot Bag, a rune granting your weapon a special glow, a stunning cloak, a unique title and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Importmalzbier View Post
    The purple cat was actually the reason for me to roll a warrior.

I like the other modle changes, though I also love the old necro melee dps skeleton.
    I am glad to have the death disguise which solves that problem for me.
    They tried to make the player pets tame and soft, even nercro form, why else would you take a bad A... reaperface and turn it into that stuped thing? Same for me purple cat was win. Brown eww. Maybe to imply that player pets are not as powerful as the real deals out in the world?
    Last edited by Questoften; 07-17-2013 at 05:05 AM.

Telaran

The Lich form from the necromancer doesnt have a new model, its still the same as on release. o:

Quote Originally Posted by Beonadryt View Post
    The Lich form from the necromancer doesnt have a new model, its still the same as on release. o:
    Even if that's so, the cat and the fey have changed and that's the real issue, I might have been confused about the lich because of that trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Questoften View Post
    3. The fey driud pets are not real fey as they appear in the game, there rifts version of tinker bell and are not plane of life fey as shown in the game with wired little aristocratic faces and wild hairdos. I want the old fey back, don't like her outfit? Fine change her clothing to something more appropriate but make her a real fey again.
    I like the new models myself and would rather not go back to the old ones. If it's an option to toggle between them, I'd be okay with that. The new ones fit with the "persona" of my character better than the old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Taree View Post
    I like the new models myself and would rather not go back to the old ones. If it's an option to toggle between them, I'd be okay with that. The new ones fit with the "persona" of my character better than the old ones.
    I want a big fey that looks real, I play all pet classes. I don't want something that looks like a vanity pet...but to satify both you should be able to toggle between them.
    Last edited by Questoften; 07-17-2013 at 05:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast