+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12
Like Tree87Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: @Trion Rift performance is unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Hrm, that's interesting, because we have talked about it openly before - we are not happy with the performance. We've had engineers looking at the problems for quite some time now.

Unfortunately some of these changes are highly complicated. We hope to have some of the improvements out in 2.4 - but I don't like to make promises until I know for sure.

~Daglar
    Uh oh! I believe you just turned us all into "fanbois" with "insider information". Happy?
    Last edited by bitnine; 08-09-2013 at 12:44 PM.

Hrm, that's interesting, because we have talked about it openly before - we are not happy with the performance. We've had engineers looking at the problems for quite some time now.

Unfortunately some of these changes are highly complicated. We hope to have some of the improvements out in 2.4 - but I don't like to make promises until I know for sure.

~Daglar
    ''Hope to have some of the improvements out in 2.4'' .....nice...

You said for about +20 fps before patch 2.4

You also said that many improvements were ready and you just didnt want to implement them with 2.3 and start of f2p.

So what happened during this time? Was a lie or something else happened? We will appreciate some info about this matter, as it is, for many of us, the no1 problem with RIFT.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Papardelios; 08-09-2013 at 12:45 PM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Papardelios View Post
    ''Hope to have some of the improvements out in 2.4'' .....nice...

You said for about +20 fps before patch 2.4

You also said that many improvements were ready and you just didnt want to implement them with 2.3 and start of f2p.

So what happened during this time? Was a lie or something else happened? We will appreciate some info about this matter, as it is, for many of us, the no1 problem with RIFT.

Thank you.
    Do not include me in the WE. He said he hopes for 2.4 and that's good enough.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Eldariol View Post
    November 2008 - Core i7-965 Extreme Edition (my old cpu). If you called that PC out-to-date and not ready for Rift... I guess you know GPU almost mean nothing for Rift.

My pc for today is: Core i7 3930K / ram: 16Gb DDR3 / video: 780GTX / sdd: Vertex 4 120Gb + Vertex 4 256Gb (where Rift installed) / hdd: Seagate Barracuda 1,5 Tb SATA / Audio: Xonar HDAV 1.3 Deluxe.
    Its pretty good pc. And Rift's fps is terrible. Graphics of Rift terrible too. Its complete out-of-date. No idea why that <censored> so slowly? Just compare that ugly graphic with graphic in Final Fantasy XIV where extreme high polygonal models, PhisX, AND 60+ fps everywhere (even in city where hundreds players). Rift with own low quality graphics cant give enough FPS in DANGEOUN (!!!) (where 20 ppls maximum) and even in experts... (enough is 60+. I have 5-27 FPS)...

Whats else? Server's lag (push accept bottom after combat rez and waiting 10 second before something happened)... Complete ZERO support (there no support anymore). Extreme slowly adding new content. Verdict: Rift - trash game for now (only Trion's liars can call Rift as AAA-class project). Only flagellants can play Rift: Planes of Pain
    Hmm that's odd I have a 770 4GB and a 8350 and I play on high with pretty much anything that says "CPU intensive"(not if it includes GPU and CPU) disabled and I hit 60 in the open World. 27-30 in Raids(in combat XD) and 10-20 in Large Group Open World content.

The only tweak I've made is multithreading set to "0"

~Daglar
    Are your engineers anything like this guy?

Rift Disciple

~Daglar
    I like so many others that have playing Rift since the beginning can't emphasise how fantastic this game would be with a smooth graphical experience on higher settings. The complicated changes you speak of if capable of delivering this outcome would move this from great to something beyond special.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Landru View Post
    And why is that? You keep saying "64GOOD 32BAD" like it's your mantra...but seriously, in this context, why (in your clearly expert opinion) is porting the engine to 64 bit a more efficient use of finite resources than multi-core optimization?
    The 64-Bit performance increase would be minimal in this game at best without first implementing thread order optimization for multi-core CPUs. I've done the programming enough times to say this with some authority. Unless you design from the start with 64-Bit in mind, always do thread optimizing first (and even otherwise, optimization first).

Everyone sees 64-Bit and automatically, and wrongly, assume it's better or faster in all situations when what 64-Bit does is primarily allow for extended memory range access and extended CPU instruction sets that more than half of all programs in existence don't even use (this is an over-simplification, but when it comes down to brass tacks....). Seriously, the extra CPU instruction sets are almost exclusively used in programs with high-data crunching like weather simulators, not your average Photoshop or Diablo. Those instruction sets are there specifically to target the performance of that kind of big-data program.

Nyz
    Soulwalker

I would love to play this game with my friends, but they dont actually play games that run like this...

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBear View Post
    why play a game with poor performance when there are thousands out there that are much better?
    Why don't you tell us, since you are.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Alefroth View Post
    Why don't you tell us, since you are.
    I've seen ClericBear constantly online.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Nyz View Post
    I would love to play this game with my friends, but they dont actually play games that run like this...
    I have the same problem, a lot of friends tried the game with quite good pcs and the first time they did a warfront they quit, but one that reached 60, joined a conquest and also quit the game lol anyways that problem affects mostly pvpers so its not like they care at all.
    Last edited by RxQueen; 08-09-2013 at 04:34 PM.

Rift Disciple

I'm compiling a wish list for 3.0. At the top of said list I put a client upgrade (not fixing, not patching, complete overhaul starting from a rewrite of the client).

You can patch till then.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12