+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: How is it for Free to Play players?

Soulwalker

Default How is it for Free to Play players?

I am coming back to Rift after a short hiatus. Since I am a little short on cash I thought about going F2P. That being said how is the experience for free to play players in Rift? I know it's not going to be as enjoyable as subbing, but is there like limits on cash, raids, etc.?

These are the limits.

1) Can't access the 4 new Storm Legion souls without buying them separately
    2) 2 character slots as opposed 6
    3) 3 bag slots as opposed to 5
    4) Can't sell on Auction House without buying and spending $5 in credits on the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Azarine View Post
    These are the limits.

4) Can't sell on Auction House without buying and spending $5 in credits on the store.
    None of which are game breaking or required to play the game
    Chemicalimbalance - Rogue - Wolfsbane
    Sleep is Overrated

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Rift Team

These are the limits.

If this person has played RIFT in the past and has the same account they have the character slots, and the bag slots. Also they will have the loyalty to use the AH without any further transactions.

A new account is only limited in the ways you listed. (Though Storm Legion Souls are limited to those with SL previously or a new purchase).

~Daglar

Soulwalker

If you own a copy of the game you will not have the character slot restrictions or the auction house restrictions. You are able to have full access to the game even when not subbed.

If you are a full F2P player you will have the restrictions listed above. I think it's $5.00 worth of credits to unlock the auction house, but I am not sure as I have a subscription. Other than the Auction House you will have full access to the game content on the characters you are playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    If this person has played RIFT in the past and has the same account they have the character slots, and the bag slots. Also they will have the loyalty to use the AH without any further transactions.

A new account is only limited in the ways you listed. (Though Storm Legion Souls are limited to those with SL previously or a new purchase).

~Daglar
    oops, didn't see he was a returning player)

Soulwalker

oops, didn't see he was a returning player)
    Ya I played a little right before the game went F2P. If I get SL and spend the $5 so all my restrictions are is just 2 character slots. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by KingdomHearts View Post
    Ya I played a little right before the game went F2P. If I get SL and spend the $5 so all my restrictions are is just 2 character slots. Right?
    If you never bought any previous versions of the game and were a Rift-lite player, then all you need to do is buy the Storm Legion box. No need to spend the $5.

Soulwalker

If you never bought any previous versions of the game and were a Rift-lite player, then all you need to do is buy the Storm Legion box. No need to spend the $5.
    Then after I buy SL I have no restrictions?

that is correct

Soulwalker

Wow that's so much better than SWTOR restrictions for F2P

Telaran

As someone who just came back and is F2P, I don't feel like I am missing anything at all by not subbing. The loyalty stuff gets you full access to everything but the new souls, and you can certainly live without them. You will have some store currency accrued from your previous sub time, mine was enough that I only had to spend $5 to get the SL souls, so I went for it to check them out.
    I have no idea what I'm doing right now.

Soulwalker

Default it's good

I too recently came back to Rift. I played from launch till just after they introduced Chonicles. As a returning players the f2p was fine with me. It it what got me to come back and see what's new. I leveled from 50-60 after returning without spending any $. Once I hit 60 I decided to purchase the SL souls. I think the Rift model is good. A returning player can get to 60 and see all of the new raids without spending any $. Yet there are advantages to being a patron, and there are a few items in the shop worth the money.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingdomHearts View Post
    I am coming back to Rift after a short hiatus. Since I am a little short on cash I thought about going F2P. That being said how is the experience for free to play players in Rift? I know it's not going to be as enjoyable as subbing, but is there like limits on cash, raids, etc.?
    Limits if you have never paid any money or earned loyalty at all:
    * 2500 plat cap
    * Can't post to AH.
    * 2 character slots per shard (unless you buy more)
    * 3 bags per character (unless you buy more)

If you have bought (or spent) 750 credits, the first two limits go away. If you have ever owned the game in pre-F2P times, the second two go away; instead, your limits are 6 character slots (per shard) and 5 bags per character.

The only other limit is that if you have never bought SL or paid for the SL souls unlock, you don't have access to the four new souls introduced with SL.

That's it.

If you never paid, never had an account, and so on, you can go into raids, you can go everywhere, you can do everything, except for the limits listed above.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Telaran

Welcome back. As previously stated, since you are a returning player all you might be missing out are the SL souls. Though they are all really handy, they aren't required for anything

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast