Closed Thread

Thread: Friendly Gift?

Default Friendly Gift?

So, what's the point of the Friendly Gift items? Just fun items or for something more? They are bound to account, so you can send them to your other characters, does that mean there is some achievement or reward for giving out a specific number of them?

Sorry if this is a repeat, I did a search which didn't help at all and I didn't see anyone else ask this though I'm sure they must have by now.

I assume this is part of the new event today. You give them to friendly NPCs in Freemarch/Silverwood and get an achievement. Takes 50 times. Not sure of any point beyond that.

Soulwalker

And where we can exchange those gifts?

Telaran

they aren't exchangeable...they are a "use" item on friendly npc's

Speaking of achievements

Where can you find the new ones? Or are they hidden?

They're under Planes, no subcategory, just regular Planes.

Soulwalker

Yes i figured out already ty
    Last edited by BodyKani; 06-26-2013 at 08:14 PM.

Soulwalker

Which NPC's? I cant seem to find any that they work on.
    Last edited by YomiHime; 06-26-2013 at 10:38 PM.

being a nice person is its own reward should we really need a reason to give gift? Come on RIFT community ur better than that.
    Fascism: Cleric on Wolfsbane. "Wolfsbane, we may not be the best server but we are a server, Wolfsbane."
    Too dumb to tank too slow to DPS so I heal.

Sorry to post and bring this back up, but in my search, this was the first thread I found, so using it.

What NPCs do we use this on? I ran all over Freemarch (Kelari Village, Meridian and all the little areas between, didn't find a single NPC that it worked on. Just the constant "Invalid" message.

A little more description would be nice. You can't tell me every single NPC in the area has actually been gifted already... this is the type of thing that annoys me in a game.

It may be because they are defiant NPC's I had no issues in silver wood as a guardian. The gift debuff only lasts a few seconds so you can gift the same ones.
    Zaviel/Ducky/Cleric/60
    Zaviel/Duckette/Rogue/25

Quote Originally Posted by Vyvian View Post
    Sorry to post and bring this back up, but in my search, this was the first thread I found, so using it.

What NPCs do we use this on? I ran all over Freemarch (Kelari Village, Meridian and all the little areas between, didn't find a single NPC that it worked on. Just the constant "Invalid" message.

A little more description would be nice. You can't tell me every single NPC in the area has actually been gifted already... this is the type of thing that annoys me in a game.
    I didn't have any trouble using them on the NPCs in Meridian.. Just have to highlight the NPC first, then right click on the Gift to "throw" it. I gave 'em to guards, to the townsfolk just walking around, and a couple others.

If I tried right clicking on the gift THEN clicking on the NPC though, it always gave me the "invalid" message. So try it the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyvian View Post

I believe the achievement says friendly NPCs. So if they're neutral or hostile it won't work. Basically means Defiant have to give them out in Freemarch, and Guardians Silverwood.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganrex View Post
    I didn't have any trouble using them on the NPCs in Meridian.. Just have to highlight the NPC first, then right click on the Gift to "throw" it. I gave 'em to guards, to the townsfolk just walking around, and a couple others.

If I tried right clicking on the gift THEN clicking on the NPC though, it always gave me the "invalid" message. So try it the other way around.
    Thank you!!!!!! I will try this now. Stupid box should not give me a hand icon if that's not the way to use it. LOL

*grabs second cup of coffee*

Closed Thread