Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree42Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion caves in and changes Crucia loading screen

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen. Let's see these "leaving back to WOW" posts.

Oh, wait. We already know: It didn't happen.

Seriously, if it's that big a deal that you lost your fantasy material, I've got an un-updated machine, I can probably extract a copy of the loading screen and email it to you along with a gif of a plain brown wrapper or something.
    my reply to you is already posted with a link.. i have work at 3pm eastern otherwise i would indulge you in your diluted sense that Trion is buckling at the hip when it comes to pressure from QQ. even more so than i already did. OP in the link provided stated his friends have all gone back to WOW for reason INCLUDING loading screen. there are numerous other threads but i'll have to look for them.

if you want to give me your 10 bucks. i think its worth it and i shall do so when i get home from work.
    Last edited by keysmachine; 06-26-2013 at 09:34 AM.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by keysmachine View Post
    because they are caving into the vocal minority. and they also want flying mounts.

changes like this start small and snowball into bigger changes. all it takes is the first inch to be given and then its over.
    This is totally incoherent. "The vocal minority" is not a single unified group who have the same opinions on every issue. Furthermore, we've not seen your evidence that this was a "minority", or that the reason they did this was "caving" to pressure rather than, say, being persuaded.

Stick around a while longer and you'll find that Trion listens, which is not the same thing as giving in to any random pressure.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

my reply to you is already posted with a link.. i have work at 3pm eastern otherwise i would indulge you in your diluted sense that Trion is buckling at the hip when it comes to pressure from QQ. even more so than i already did. OP in the link provided stated his friends have all gone back to WOW for reason INCLUDING loading screen. there are numerous other threads but i'll have to look for them.

if you want to give me your 10 bucks. i think its worth it and i shall do so when i get home from work.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...lame-free.html

465 responses to a thread about sexualization and focused around the character loading screen and Miela/Crucia being all around in Storm Legion. It was not a minority, and it was not something that just cropped up.

This is Trion changing something that means nothing to you. Literally nothing as it has no influence on your game play.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post4332199

just one of many threads stating 'heading back to wow'
    Not convincing at all. That's a thread primarily about account transfers, with a single subclause of a paragraph listing the half-naked girl on the loading screen as one of multiple complaints other people had had over which those other people had already gone back.

That's not a threat to go back unless the loading screen changes, and it's not primarily or even significantly about the loading screen. It's a passing reference to the loading screen as one subset of the ways in which people didn't like the art style, which was one of several things those people didn't like, and those people weren't even participants in the thread.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...lame-free.html

465 responses to a thread about sexualization and focused around the character loading screen and Miela/Crucia being all around in Storm Legion. It was not a minority, and it was not something that just cropped up.

This is Trion changing something that means nothing to you. Literally nothing as it has no influence on your game play.
    you're missing my point.

the point isn't that the picture is no longer there. its the fact that it ISN'T there which is my problem.

Trion buckled like a 6 year old under pressure when people said boobs are bad. and then it changed.

so when the people rise up again and say. this is bad or that needs put in. they will BUCKLE again. once the FIRST INCH is given and an ARTISTIC CHOICE is reversed or changed.

well hold on to your butts people because there's gonna be a lot more than that changing down the pipeline. all it takes is one voice to bring people in and change will happen.

Yup. But you'd need to do way, way, better.

1. Have to show that it's at least 50% of the people complaining about the loading screen.
    2. The loading screen has to be given as the primary complaint. It can't be a complaint secondary to something else.
    3. They have to be specifically planning to go back to WoW. Leaving Rift (without specifying where) or going to other games doesn't count.

A single person giving the loading screen as a fraction of a fraction of the reason some people left does not even remotely qualify; it's not enough people, nor does it meet the standards needed to be actual support for your claim.

A loading screen is relative to flying mounts. LOLK.
    (Mage)Xevayne@Wolfsbane - (Warrior)Xaveyne@Wolfsbane - Intel Core i7 7700k CPU - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Memory - EVGA GTX 1070 SSC - Corsair HX1000 PSU - Corsair 750D Case - Leader of Lethargic Gaming Team/Guild - Like Our Page http://www.facebook.com/lethargicgaming

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xaveyne View Post
    A loading screen is relative to flying mounts. LOLK.
    apparently the concept is lost on you.

one change leads to more changes.

and this change was a direct result of people complaining. LOLK

this isn't something they just DID. its impossible to white knight this topic because we all know why it changed.

Hi everyone,

We feel that this thread has degenerated into a non-constructive discussion, so we've closed it. Please remember to keep your comments respectful and constructive at all times on our forums, even when you disagree with others.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #25

Like many of our loading screens the old one was a bad angle screenshot with an unattractive filter applied - this new one is a breath of fresh air and on the plus side resolves some complaints we had from people who didn't want to look at a scantily clad woman all the time.

It's win/win - unless you're really into iron-clad women with funky filters applied...I bet there's an instagram tag for that...

Cheers

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2