Closed Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: NORTH AMERICA - Ongoing Latency (Lag) & Disconnect Issues for Some Players

Shadowlander

Played a bit this morning. Was more playable than last night, but still significant lag enough to make me not want to log in again till it gets fixed for good

Telaran

Elrar, thanks for this post, however i don't believe this issue is restricted to North America players.

I have not had latency issues, however alot of EU players are having disconnect / client crash problems.
    Also, try resurrect / combat resurrect somebody. Takes almost 5-10 seconds for the res to reach them, and a further 10-20seconds for them to re-enter the fight.

Not ideal considering one-shot aoe's.

Thanks.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #78

Quote Originally Posted by Naween View Post
    Why is just North America mentioned in the thread title? The same lag happens on EU-Servers. Are the devs aware of it?
    We are aware with general primetime latency that happens in Europe & continue to work towards improving it, we've made good progress but we know there's still work to be done.

The issue we're covering here is severe moments of intense latency that seem to be most impacting from 3PM-8PM Server Time.

This is a network routing issue and is unrelated to the actual shard & server cluster architecture itself.

So short answer is - absolutely we're aware & continuing to work on it!

This may be perfectly logical to someone with a good understanding of mechanics however I find it really odd that when in conquest for instance I can run up to a "stone" location and it doesn't appear on my screen for a good 3-5 seconds where the blue-rock-charge-things are visable from long distances.

Probably the most irritating experience I've had in the past several days withthis lag issue is attempting to "zone down" from spawn in Library and not going anywhere. I eventually give up and hop over the railing which is troublesome if you want to get to the second level for a quick stone pickup. My guess the other team is experiencing the same issue so it's equitable, but sucky nevertheless especially if you happen to not have control of the middle.

-Seraphest

Rift Disciple

I played my L60s in Ashora and The Steppes this morning without any problems. I have been playing my L42 Warrior questing in Droughtlands for several hours without any blips. But... beginning about 30 minutes ago I am getting very frequent DCs. This is on Deepwoods. Server time between 11:30 and 11:50. Five DCs during the period.

As an aside... I was playing another MMORPG when it went F2P several years ago. The same latency and DC problems occured then forcing that game to limit the populations of servers rather drastically which of course created queues and irritated the paying customers. I have to ask if the increased players is causing this problem?
    Last edited by WhitC; 06-21-2013 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Additional comments.

Rift Disciple

The DC situation for me on Deepwoods has now become so bad that I have had to quit playing totally. This is absolutely unacceptable. I want to know when the problem is going to be fixed.

Haven't you been reading the messages, they are on it and will fix it as soon as possible...oh wait you can't log in because they broke their game.

Ping spikes are back, started in the last 20 minutes or so.
    what is this I don't even

Quote Originally Posted by Pines View Post
    Was guessing if it was going to happen, it would happen at that time again.

Spikes aren't as bad as previous (500-2.5k ping), but will still make raiding impossible.
    what is this I don't even

The game is unplayable for me at the moment, i've been getting massive lag spikes for the past hour. 73 ms straight to 5000+ ms.

Telaran

Starting to lag again....this is getting extremely frustrating......

Shadowlander

Sorry, I tried to play.

Seems like every time I try to play the game is when the lag spikes start.

I'm seriously annoyed, particularly with my game time ticking down. Haven't been able to play for more than 10 minutes since 2.3

Ascendant

Big lag spikes, frequent crashes, frequent disconnects. Tried to play and was extremely unenjoyable again
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Spikes aren't as bad as previous (500-2.5k ping), but will still make raiding impossible.
    im gettin raid withdrawls and i need this guy to dps!!!

zero lag from new zealand since 2.3 hit
    who took my names!

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast