+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Item shop warning !

Quote Originally Posted by Wolffpack View Post
    Can you acquire the 150% without spending credits?
    Yes you can buy with 1000 platinum. But it is much wiser to buy the credits and spend in the mount.

Rift Chaser

A new player hitting 50 for the first time would have no reason to think this is not good gear for their level...some will waste money, get pissed off and find another game, which should be the last thing Trion wants...

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Vyvian View Post
    IMO Opening a set at a level and getting items out of it that I couldn't use yet would annoy me.

OP: Wow, that sucks, but I guess you've learned to check and investigate a little before buying and opening! I would still recommend contacting support and see if they can help out. Just a heads up though, wait times on tickets are really long. Good luck with your future endeavors!
    It did annoy me a bit but that was it. Didn't expect anything special out of it and at 59 it doesn't matter that much actually.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bramir View Post
    A new player hitting 50 for the first time would have no reason to think this is not good gear for their level...some will waste money, get pissed off and find another game, which should be the last thing Trion wants...
    You're right, some WILL be fooled into wasting money on this, they'll be happy for as long as it takes for them to complete the first couple of quests in Cape Jule or Pelladane, when they discover quest and drop greens make there new shiny blues obsolete.

I can totally agree with you .. it's entirely their own fault and we don't want them here.

Last edited by Kerin; 06-20-2013 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    I can totally agree with you .. it's entirely their own fault and we don't want them here.

It is Trions fault as well, for conning people with lower quality gear. When they spend that money and then the first quest gives them an item with double the stats, do you think they will not come here and complain?

The 50 bundles should indeed be reset with sl stat gear, would solve the entire issue and if the boxes do "scale" with lv opening them...(that too should be clearly added to tooltip)

/solved.

OP does have a legitimate concern and does no harm to mention it here to inform others that may fall into the same situation.

I for one am happy ppl are willing to use the cash shop, I certainly have used it so far. As much as ppl complain it is a vital part of keeping Rift in existance now.

If mandatory subs were failing (and obviously they were) then optional spending must be enticing, patron alone will not keep its head above water.
    If one truly wants the game to be there for future fun...then its time we start supporting those using the shop as much as those who use patron. Every player counts, regardless of time played, or playstle.

Calling any one lazy for using it is childish and really does show a simple minded train of thought.
    Stop worrying why someone decides to use it, smile that when they do..Rifts future is a bit more secure. Isnt that why you all are here? to have fun..or to make your lifes goal to judge others?

Support the game in any way you are capable of and maybe focus more about having fun and helping out then being upset at others for using a service the GAME owners are encouraging and counting on!

Soulwalker

Can't believe people are blaming the people buying the sets, then continuing to say if they don't like it they can leave. In case people were unable aware, these f2p people are the ones going to keep the game running. While you might have been spending 15$ a month on a subscription ( like myself), the people buying stuff on the store will trounce that number every month

I guess this is an example of people who are experienced in expansions and those not so much. Each game I've played (been MMO gaming since 1997) when an expansion comes out that increases the level cap, the new quest gear trumps old gear significantly. I know this, so I don't rush to buy stuff, I quest a couple of levels and then shop for gear.

Soulwalker

Can't edit my above post, but it's only suppose to say unaware.

Either way, the gear set says 50-59 and it's practically useless after the first couple hours with it. People shouldn't be spending 20$ on something then have it become worthless that fast

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #40

Hey guys, just wanted to give everyone a quick heads up on the 50-59 bundle gear, and lock box gear for players 50-59. We're currently examining these, and hope to have some adjustments out in the near future.

Once changed, it will also update any items already pulled out of those boxes. So hang on to them!

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    Hey guys, just wanted to give everyone a quick heads up on the 50-59 bundle gear, and lock box gear for players 50-59. We're currently examining these, and hope to have some adjustments out in the near future.

Once changed, it will also update any items already pulled out of those boxes. So hang on to them!
    ......... The hell? You expect people who have been opening them to find junk to keep the junk a few days ago? lol Refund them the boxes!

dbe
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Donkey View Post
    Did you check to see what the items were before buying the bundle .?
    Even if he did, no one who hasn't played 51-60 is going to understand the gear inflation from 50-51.

The 50 bundle should at least have SL stat levels. It might only last you to 54 or so, but that's better than 50.1.

By the way to everyone on Zaviel, I can craft all your gear, weapons, seals, etc...

I got all professions maxed out on a single character, so drop me a PM and we can go from there.

I wont charge you anything, just bring the mats and your good to go.

Shield of Telara

simplest solution...dont buy gear

No I am not a pay to win idiot, but gear in game is fairly simple to get, and during the leveling process you can quest naked and be OK.

While this game is fairly gear dependent it isnt in the open world, while it is nice and can make things faster it souldnt be the difference between living and dying.

The 'hard' open world content will have so many people around it actually make gear even less important even though technically the content is scaled and 'much harder'.

Soulwalker

Yeah, I found that the Depleted Empyrean stuff was WAY better than the gear from the boxes... and was REALLY disappointed. I ended up selling ALL of that gear off to the Vendor.

Much disappoint. Honestly, I wish I had those 2k credits back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast