Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: To the Players of Icewatch & Akala – A Small Token of our Appreciation

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default To the Players of Icewatch & Akala – A Small Token of our Appreciation

Greetings!

Last week we faced the tough decision to turn Akala & Icewatch into trial shards, requiring their players to relocate to other, active shards. While done for the greater good of all our European players, and to ensure we can properly scale with our growing community, we know that these shards are more than just server hardware.

The memories & relationships you have are real, and we want to remember these communities with a few small tokens of our appreciation for all your contributions to RIFT’s success over the past two years.

To that end, all former players of the Icewatch & Akala communities will receive the following within the next few weeks on all of their characters:
    • Title: “of Icewatch” or “of Akala”
    • Icewatch or Akala Regalia Wardrobe Set
    • +1000 Bonus Loyalty

Thank you to everyone for making this transition as quickly as possible. It’s great to see we now have queue times under control, individual server populations are looking very healthy, and more people than ever can now enjoy RIFT together!

Cheers,

While I'm not an EU player, this is an awesome compensation package.

13/13 Tier 1 10/12 Tier 2 1/4 Tier 3
    How can Rift be made better? A critique by me.

Rift Disciple

Thank you for this. Can't have been a particularly easy decision to make.

On a related note, do you have any updates regarding the @Unknown cross-shard issue that's arisen since joining these newly implemented shards? It's making content such as LFG dungeons a real headache. I don't recall seeing any responses in the Dev Tracker about it.
    Last edited by Robotnik; 06-18-2013 at 05:27 PM.

Cool, so where's my prize for having pre-ordered, made my guys, then being forced to transfer them to another shard (having to rename all of my characters of course) and after that having the shard I transferred to turned into a trial shard, meaning I have to transfer again. This is why I quit a long time again and apparently will continue not to play because for some reason you guys have decided to open new shards but not unlock the trial shards which apparently exist for no reason now that the game is free to play. It's really annoying to pre-order, get the names you want, then be forced to rename each char, and then have to do the whole process again!
    Originally: Harrow (because it was the only one I could select) - Wicked, Dead, Atheist, Grunt.
    After Harrow shutdown: Briarcliff () Discordant, RedOctober(went to Seastone), DropnFbombs, Crappy
    After Briarcliff went trial: SeaStone() RenamedThreeTimes

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Greetings!

I'm always reminded of a speech in which a rhetorical question was given along the lines of whether we should help a poor working mother who can't afford to go to a hospital some form of assistance and the conservative audience started rabble-rousing and spurting out remarks to let her die. It stuck in my craw.

Very awesome of you guys.

<3

Soulwalker

A nice gesture thanks.

Ascendant

Glad you guys did this for the Icewatch and Akala players it was the right thing to do.

I wonder what the Regalia looks like....
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!

Soulwalker

You destroyed the healthy, growing and longtime loyal roleplaying community on Akala... for nothing.

You just should know that not everyone is happy with a t-shirt.

Shadowlander

Thank you for doing this. It's a very nice gesture.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Elave View Post
    You destroyed the healthy, growing and longtime loyal roleplaying community on Akala... for nothing.

You just should know that not everyone is happy with a t-shirt.
    I wasn't on either server, but I suffered twice back in '11 when Trion closed multiple servers so I know the pain of the destruction of a community.

In the case of Icewatch I was in two minds, since many of those affected were the authors of their own problems when they flocked there in drovers, deserting other servers over the last several months.

Akala OTOH was simply collateral damager in Trion's attempts to deal with Icewatch's largely self-inflicted problems, I feel very sorry for those on Akala who got sacrificed in this episode.

Shadowlander

These "glass beads" are another slap in the face for us players from Akala. Keep your rubbish to yourself and give us our RP-Server back!

Thanks Trion for this, but unfortunately damage is done.
    I'm already waiting to once again transfer to another server (damn one transfer once per 7 days limitation), because one i'm on is compared to what Icewatch was, is mostly dead on chat, not to mention, its rare to find someone at places, where i play for last few days.

Have a nice day
    spajdr
    Last edited by Defleo; 06-19-2013 at 12:04 AM.
    - Asus Maximus V GENE - Intel i5-3570K @ 4.4 Ghz + Gelid Solution Tranquillo rev.2 -
    - 8 GB DDR3 CRUCIAL Ballistix Sport VLP 1600MHz CL9 1.35V @ 2000Mhz CL11 1.65V -
    - Gigabyte Geforce 660 (GV-N660OC-2GD) 1200/6500 - 240 GB Kingston HyperX 3K -
    - Enermax Platimax 600W - Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl -

I think that's fair for the majority of people but I can think of a few who will be not happy with fluffy and a tad bit of loyalty.

Still cheers
    Guild progress T1 SL cleared. 4/4 GA, 3/3 IG 5/5 PB, 2/4 BoB @ EU Zaviel
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

Thanks for the gesture

Can't say it wasn't expected that something drastic had to be done to Icewatch. That server was a walking disaster and has been for ages. I feel sorry for those on Akala however, who seem to be homeless right now.

"Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast