+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Patron pass or subscribe

Default Patron pass or subscribe

I have search high and low for an answer to this and just keep getting conflicting information so am trying to get an idea of which is the better way to go or if they are both the same.

So here is what I know so far.

Subbing to the game gives you all the patron perks.

Patron pass gives you all the patron perks.

but I hear a lot of things about how much loyalty you get from each is different that you get loyalty for the patron pass and loyalty for actually buying the store credits so basically doubling your loyalty compared to a standard sub.

All I want to know is, is this correct is it better to buy patron passes than subbing also is there anything else you get with either that I have missed.

If you pay monthly then a patron pass is better at 4x credit cost = loyalty. A sub only gives 7K a month.

So how much does a pass give you and why is it 4x more than a sub seems strange to alienate subs?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Althires View Post
    So how much does a pass give you and why is it 4x more than a sub seems strange to alienate subs?
    It's not alienating subs at all. It's the same thing. There is no sub anymore. Just two ways to buy patron status.

The reason buying credits is better is because you get 2 times the loyalty of the credits you buy. So if you buy 2000, you get 4000 loyalty. Then you get another 2 times when you spend them. So that 2000 turns into 8000 after you spend them. Then when you buy a loyalty pass you get the 7k on top of the 4 times for buying and spending the credits.

The difference between 15$ sub and buying credits is that there isn't a 15$ credit option. You have to buy 20$ or 3 5$ ones and lose the bonus for buying the 20$. So in the long run Trion makes a little extra money if you buy the 20$ ones and turn them into patron passes.

Also, if you're on a 6 month sub, or a one-year sub like some of us, it does save a ton of cash on Patron Perks.

Cash that I can use to buy credits and get pretty outfits.
    Metricos - Cleric - Faeblight
    Katica - Mage - Faeblight (Used my 60 boost and have no idea what I'm doing. D: Send help!)

Quote Originally Posted by Metricos View Post
    Also, if you're on a 6 month sub, or a one-year sub like some of us, it does save a ton of cash on Patron Perks.

All you need is the wizard hat!
    Zaviel/Ducky/Cleric/60
    Zaviel/Duckette/Rogue/25

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Metricos View Post

Yea but you're missing out on half the loyalty. Which means it will take you twice as long to hit loyalty tiers for the same cost.

Thank you all for your replies well looks like I will be going with patron passes from now on .

Again thanks a lot for this has really made me make my mind up .

Althire.

I have a somewhat related question to all of this:

how do they handle loyalty points or w/e for subs that started way back when the game first started but haven't been active for the last year and a half? :P

also, does collector's edition figure into the loyalty at all?
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrestorme View Post
    I have a somewhat related question to all of this:

how do they handle loyalty points or w/e for subs that started way back when the game first started but haven't been active for the last year and a half? :P

also, does collector's edition figure into the loyalty at all?
    They gave you loyalty based on how many months you paid for. The version of the game you bough didn't matter. Also gave bonuses for those who bought SL I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Retsopmi View Post
    Yea but you're missing out on half the loyalty. Which means it will take you twice as long to hit loyalty tiers for the same cost.
    Apparently you missed the part where they used the extra cash saved using lengthy subs to buy more credits, which obviously themselves give loyalty.
    Founder, and sometime Cleric

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
    Apparently you missed the part where they used the extra cash saved using lengthy subs to buy more credits, which obviously themselves give loyalty.
    Apparently you missed the part where they said to buy random stupid dress up ****. On top of paying a sub that ONLY gives 7k. So work on your math skills champ.

I got a patron pass with my granted creds but am going to subscribe sometime after it runs out.
    Truth is Beauty, Beauty Truth..

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Questoften View Post
    I got a patron pass with my granted creds but am going to subscribe sometime after it runs out.
    Just buy more credits and buy patron passes. It's bigger net gain for both you and Trion.

Plane Touched

Trion has actually made it more beneficial to not sub through their website. Not only is it cheaper to actually buy patron passes for 30 days, but you won't "auto renew" which means, if your going on vacation, you don't have to cancel, or if you just want to take a break no biggie, buy a patron pass for the time you play. And then there's the whole getting more loyalty by purchasing the pass vs. the sub. I don't know if this was their intent or just an oversight, but I find it silly.
    Krieger-Guardian Guild on Galena. You'd be welcome there

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast