+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree15Likes
  • 12 Post By Daglar
  • 1 Post By Dyeus
  • 2 Post By Sundrop

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Annoyed by the new bag filler content

Ascendant

Default Annoyed by the new bag filler content

I'm thankful for the new bag slots, and really annoyed that Trion decided to make them mandatory.

1) Architect mobs dropping NON-STACKING consumables.
    Really moronic design decision. I've started refusing to even loot Architect corpses just because there's so much garbage.
    They should just given the NPCs a spell called "Fill Bags".
    I don't know what the dev was thinking. Actually, clearly they weren't thinking.

2) Gathering turn-in with minimal reward.
    So there's two types of mining content, two skinning. You need ~20x, all of which have a relatively low drop rate. To top it off the quests don't reward rep. Again, just another waste of bag space.

This is exactly the sort of garbage content that I was afraid would happen with free-to-play. Sure, you don't need the extra bag space, we're just going to make your life miserable if you don't have it.
    Last edited by Carinae; 06-17-2013 at 01:57 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

Quote Originally Posted by Carinae View Post
    Really moronic design decision. I've started refusing to even loot Architect corpses just because there's so much garbage.
    I don't know what the dev was thinking. Actually, clearly they weren't thinking.
    That was unintentional, and there is a fix going in on weds to make all the fluff from the architects stackable to 20(also dropping to common, instead of uncommon.) Also, that stuff is only dropping for the opening event, so after the 6/26 it wont drop at all, and won't be an issue

So there's two types of mining content, two skinning. You need ~20x, all of which have a relatively low drop rate. To top it off the quests don't reward rep. Again, just another waste of bag space.
    Up until recently, there were no quests at all for the gatherers, since there wasn't any point of them getting crafting marks if they have no recipes. We now have the added bonus of getting a few of those marks for the quests that were added, so we can use them in our other professions. You don't get as much reward as the profession dailies. But heck, as someone who never got anything, I'll take what I can get, lol
    Last edited by SoulshadowDK; 06-17-2013 at 02:05 PM.
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

Can we get a "crafting material bag of holding"?

You know 100 or so slots
    Last edited by Exosus; 06-17-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by rakasha681 View Post
    Up until recently, there were no quests at all for the gatherers, since there wasn't any point of them getting crafting marks if they have no recipes. We now have the added bonus of getting a few of those marks for the quests that were added, so we can use them in our other professions. You don't get as much reward as the profession dailies. But heck, as someone who never got anything, I'll take what I can get, lol
    I'm not talking about the gathering dailies in Tempest Bay. I'm talking about the new Ashora/Dendrome crafting turn-ins. The ones that provide no rep, no marks, and take mats that have no reason for existence.
    Carinae -- Mage Alt

I'm not talking about the gathering dailies in Tempest Bay. I'm talking about the new Ashora/Dendrome crafting turn-ins. The ones that provide no rep, no marks, and take mats that have no reason for existence.
    I thought the same thing when I saw the rewards for the turn-ins. You want me to use precious inventory space on turn-ins that do not even give rep? Between the considerable number of these items and new consumables, I feel we are being pushed to purchase more bag space. (I can only speak for myself here, but that just isn't going to happen as long as said purchases aren't account-wide.)
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team

I'm thankful for the new bag slots, and really annoyed that Trion decided to make them mandatory.

This is exactly the sort of garbage content that I was afraid would happen with free-to-play. Sure, you don't need the extra bag space, we're just going to make your life miserable if you don't have it.

Hi, you seem to be upset. Let me see if I can help.

That is a bug.

That sounds silly. I'll have someone look at it.

There is no magical plan to fill your bags up to make you buy more of them. If that was my evil plan there would be plenty more things dropping. We try not to be evil here - because, you know, trying not to gouge the community short term hopefully leads to long term success.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    That sounds silly. I'll have someone look at it.
    Your phrasing gave me quite a chuckle!

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post
    You want me to use precious inventory space on turn-ins that do not even give rep?
    They aren't forcing you do do the quest. If you don't like the rewards, don't do them.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dyeus View Post
    They aren't forcing you do do the quest. If you don't like the rewards, don't do them.
    The problem is more that you're forced to pick up the item since its looted along with normal gathering skills.

Thanks for the reply Daglar. Yes, I was a little upset. I already carry around 3 sets of gear (tank/DPS/PvP) so suddenly having a bunch items has resulted in me emptying my bags every few minutes while doing great hunts.

I also missed the thing about the Architect items being bugged. I checked the Adventure's forum and General but that moves too fast.

So the crafting quests do reward marks, I was mistaken, they reward 15 Artisan Marks (the lowest), which isn't really a good reward, but isn't totally worthless. The real problem is that there are turns of a gem & stone, bone & hide. A different implementation with 1 shared turn-in would've been the same result with a lot less bag space consumed.

The problem is as player's we have very little way to separate hidden developer intent from an arguably poor design choice. I would argue that's the downside of free-to-play. One person reasonable implementation is another person's bridge to far.
    Carinae -- Mage Alt

Telaran

OMG. I just looted a bag of peanuts and the damn thing spilled and now I have one peanut in each slot, to make things worse....there was more than 36 peanuts so they started overflowing into my other bags. I went and crafted more bags and they as well overflowed.

I could complain that my bags are full of peanuts but instead I am going to celebrate that I personal looted the largest bag of peanuts ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundrop View Post
    OMG. I just looted a bag of peanuts and the damn thing spilled and now I have one peanut in each slot, to make things worse....there was more than 36 peanuts so they started overflowing into my other bags. I went and crafted more bags and they as well overflowed.

I could complain that my bags are full of peanuts but instead I am going to celebrate that I personal looted the largest bag of peanuts ever.
    Go nuts and enjoy. Don't forget to send some of those my way though!

Shadowlander

The problem is as player's we have very little way to separate hidden developer intent from an arguably poor design choice.
    You could always assume that they aren't out to gouge you and report the issue?

There's always going to be stuff they missed.

Ever since I made the upgrade to Empyrean Bags, bag space has never even remotely been an issue for me. Even with Lanzan/Chiffon bags, it was mostly not there (Spellspun did present issues).

Quote Originally Posted by RubberbandAU View Post
    You could always assume that they aren't out to gouge you and report the issue?

There's always going to be stuff they missed.
    This is what I am thinking as well. If I happen by something that appears out of order, I bug report it. Most often I get a "thank you for bringing this to our attetion" for my effort and I go on my merry way.

"Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett

+ Reply to Thread