+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Greater essences

Total of 4 greaters in the guild now, all of them from the AH!

Roughly 90-110 strongholds done in a day collectively.

Drop rate is effectively now less than 0,045%.
    Last edited by Rounded; 07-09-2013 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rounded View Post
    Total of 4 greaters in the guild now, all of them from the AH!

Roughly 90-110 strongholds done in a day collectively.

Drop rate is effectively now less than 0,045%.
    Likewise, we have 3 in total iirc, not one is self found and all are bought for silly prices. We didn't really count GHRS/SHs but we have like 20+ people doing 3+ SHs/day plus all those people grinded GHRs to get venerated so you get an idea...

Telaran

Well this sounds absolutely awful. Can't wait to get to 60 and farm for weeks for something with less than 1% drop rate.

Plane Touched

Knew this would be the case, its the same with anything trion adds to the game. Murdantix mount had a similar drop rate during the water event which I farmed from the day it started till the day it ended and it didnt drop for me. Then a few weeks later they added the chronicle and it dropped much easier.

I took a lesson from that and refuse to farm anything in rift without a guaranteed quantifiable reward at the end. It's much easier to put two fingers up and not play by their awful system until they change it or add better drops in the future.

It's a waste of time and effort.

Plane Walker

Are they really that big of a deal

Once converted to orange the proc rate is low anyway, so it don't make that much of a difference and the base stats on the lesser stay same

Not worth 5,000 plat to buy them off AH

Nice to have but not essential

Plane Walker

Just read the post regarding turning lesser into a legendary greater will allow the uniqueness to change allowing you to equip another one as lesser

Guess I'm farming too lol

Quote Originally Posted by Xnoopy View Post
    Losing interest... Too much grinding... "Fix" it before is too late...
    Same here. And I advice you guys to go easy on this farming. I never relied on "chance effects" int his game and i still don't, they have a way too low proc rate. The RNG adds to it, not worth put so much effort on something that's purely chance. I farmed HK chronicle everyday on all my characters for the murdantix mount since it the beginning and never dropped it, been trying to drop the shield from the 10-man since the third week of the raid's release, but I learned my lessons, won't be getting all stressed about an item that MAY drop if I open the rift and the 20+ players decide to not make it fail only so I will have a golden essence that might proc every once in a while and then never again.

Just take it easy. Don't let the hype force you to either farm your *** off or pay some absurd amount of 15k on AH. Later on Trion will release something better and you will feel like an idiot.

Telaran

I think the best part of this is Trion has had only a few responses, we are looking into it and this post upgrade-essences-feedback-bug-report from the PST forum. I believe everyone gave up on the PST post last week since we did not receive any kind of in indication that a fix was on the way.

There are multiple threads all discussing the same terrible drop rate. Below is what I posted on the PST forum.

Getting these things from Strongholds needs to be adjusted, a small group of guild members added up the number of strongholds done and it was 1000 and we have seen 0 from the rift loot bag. These were 60 and 62 SH's.

So we have now started to farm GHV with 5 people and are getting a good drop rate ,1 of 15 at the very minimum. I would recommend you stop zerging Great Hunts. 20-60 people are not needed to complete these, it just makes them take longer. This drop rate is from the chest not the loot bag.

Update: A fresh 60 went and did Strong holds for the first time and received the earth greater from the loot bag on the 2nd one.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmany View Post
    Are they really that big of a deal

Once converted to orange the proc rate is low anyway, so it don't make that much of a difference and the base stats on the lesser stay same

Not worth 5,000 plat to buy them off AH

Nice to have but not essential
    The proc rate is relatively high on most of these, especially the Crit Power one. People report anywhere from 40-75% uptime. That's huge.

Soulwalker

Greaters drop chance is really very low.

Getting a greater for myself from ghr or sh, has lower chance than this, because everyone needs to them.

Getting a bis greater for my main spec, has much lower chance than this, because of very large drop table, crowded people, low drop chance etc.

Everyone needs minimum "2" bis greater, every character has 2 (or more for different specs) greater slot and getting a greater totally rng.

There is a mistake...

I dont wan to be a grinder without hope... I want to be a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Enurale View Post
    I dont wan to be a grinder without hope... I want to be a player.
    Quoted for truth!

Been looked into yet? Swoops in to raise hope and never heard from again.

Plane Walker

Proc rate is 90%, so yea its worth it......

Shadowlander

I got 2 greaters from GHRs in a week playing at 60, did probably around 10 GHRs or so. Maybe I am just lucky.

The Dev never came back to update us on this? Maybe drop rate is working as intended?
    "Yeah, I'm on a drug, it's called Charlie Sheen!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast