+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Can you please start to do something about the Que.

I'd love to move to the new PvP server, thing is, I came back 2 days before the release of the new servers, and transferred my characters off my old original server, which they made a trial server (kinda dumb).

Can only transfer every 7 days. I cannot move :<

Quote Originally Posted by JenC View Post
    I'd love to move to the new PvP server, thing is, I came back 2 days before the release of the new servers, and transferred my characters off my old original server, which they made a trial server (kinda dumb).
    Yeah it was kinda dumb... Trion probably should have just deleted all the toons on those servers when the merged, shutdown, or moved servers.

Quote Originally Posted by JenC View Post
    Can only transfer every 7 days. I cannot move :<
    In 5 days you can transfer! WOOT!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Amarayna View Post
    even as a patron I have to sit in que for 30 minutes or longer during prime time
    And this is why I will not be getting patron. I should not have to wait 30 minutes to play a game I am paying for.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Lollie View Post
    This^

Bet the people asking for a new server won't move, they'll all be expecting OTHER people to go there so the queues they face on the server they're complaining about queues on get smaller.
    If they have been on the server as a patron for awhile why should they move? There should be an open move period of time. Once that time period is up balance should be equalized on a seniority basis. That is not elitist and is how things would work in the real world.

The closest I've ever come to waiting in a queue on Seastone, was one time when I logged in, there was a "Position in Queue: 1" message that flashed for a split second before sending me to character select.

I often log in/out during prime time (200-300 person queue), as I need to do something around the house, and want to conserve as much time on my patron/item buffs as possible, and yet have never encountered a queue as a patron.

If you're a f2p player who just started, why NOT move to a different server? You're not losing much of anything, and you've avoiding the queues, NA now has 2 options for PvP servers as well. Moving to a different server would solve the problem a lot faster than complaining to the company and demanding they meet your needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    If you're a f2p player who just started, why NOT move to a different server? You're not losing much of anything, and you've avoiding the queues.
    You can't transfer your character to a different shard if you're stuck in the queue.

So for people who are on high population servers, who can only login at peak times, shard transferring is not an option. Before I transferred from Icewatch to Gelidra there was a 4 hour+ queue time at peak times.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkynaz View Post
    You can't transfer your character to a different shard if you're stuck in the queue.

So for people who are on high population servers, who can only login at peak times, shard transferring is not an option. Before I transferred from Icewatch to Gelidra there was a 4 hour+ queue time at peak times.
    No, it's very much an option, they just have to wait.

Half the problem is the people, they're not willing to do anything to avoid queues, they just want someone else to fix the unavoidable problem plenty of other people are dealing with just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #23

Hey guys,

We know the queues are getting a bit long right now, especially on our most popular shards - we're watching this closely and can bring more shards online if it becomes necessary, but we'll likely be expanding individual shard capacities first.

This is the first Sunday since RIFT has gone Free-to-Play & traditionally an MMO's busiest day. Today is no exception and a lot of players have returned or shown up for the first time to see what our game is all about.

These are good problems to have - but we value your time and have no intentions to try your patience, we want all of you to be able to play RIFT on a healthy, well populated shard whenever you want. To that end we'll do what we need to do to ensure our long-term success and your enjoyment.

We appreciate every one of our players and thank you for waiting, cooperating, and especially helping others while we work on smoothing out these growing pains!

We'll keep you updated.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Elrar; 06-16-2013 at 09:24 AM.

Azz
    Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    Move to a less populated server.
    lol they are all full except the test only server, how come in the EU we get a couple of English and the rest French and German, more people throughout the EU speak English then they do German or French. But even then they're all full too, whoohoo Free 2 queue.

Soulwalker

I got an email today that Rift went F2P, and I was really glad to hear that because Rift really needed a larger player base. I played this game long time ago, since open beta but then i quitted for some reason, can't even remember. Now my 3 only characters i have are all on Bloodiron, the only PvP server which is English, and I can't even access them due the unbelivable queue time (1hr+)! I was looking for other shards, and every single shard (at this time) as "Full" except that PvE-RP server..
    Where can I find this new "Icewatch" shard? was not no my list.

And really, 1 new PvP Shard would be perfect, I would move instantly

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #26
    Rift Team

To echo Elrar -- I'm in a chat with our Engineering Development Director and our Lead Engineer on RIFT. The three of us are monitoring the status in the EU and we are pushing up the server caps in real time and seeing the results.

If simply increasing caps is not viable we will open new shards.

Blood Iron is extremely packed - it already has a higher population limit than other shards. We are unsure if we can realistically increase it further or not. We will continue to monitor it. If you do not have a major hankering for open world PvP please consider a different shard.

~Daglar

Azz
    Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Hey guys,

We know the queues are getting a bit long right now, especially on our most popular shards - we're watching this closely and can bring more shards online if it becomes necessary, but we'll likely be expanding individual shard capacities first.

This is the first Sunday since RIFT has gone Free-to-Play & traditionally an MMO's busiest day. Today is no exception and a lot of players have returned or shown up for the first time to see what our game is all about.

These are good problems to have - but we value your time and have no intentions to try your patience, we want all of you to be able to play RIFT on a healthy, well populated shard whenever you want. To that end we'll do what we need to do to ensure our long-term success and your enjoyment.

We appreciate every one of our players and thank you for waiting, cooperating, and especially helping others while we work on smoothing out these growing pains!

We'll keep you updated.

Cheers,
    so when the new comers sit in a 3 hour queue do you really think they will stay and play? think you need to go back to manager class and understand the needs of the people, first get people playing and then slowly drop shards, not get people to queue and think about adding shards. I came back after a long break but wont sit in long queues. I'll have to stick to wow ;-(

Quote Originally Posted by Azz View Post
    so when the new comers sit in a 3 hour queue do you really think they will stay and play? think you need to go back to manager class and understand the needs of the people, first get people playing and then slowly drop shards, not get people to queue and think about adding shards. I came back after a long break but wont sit in long queues. I'll have to stick to wow ;-(
    They are doing their best....and Elrar is really cool, don't be mean to him.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Azz View Post
    Least your user name fits your attitude.

You're young yet you think you know everything, I smell a teenager. Shoo.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    They are doing their best....and Elrar is really cool, don't be mean to him.
    What Misun said. Don't be dissin' on our Elrawr.

If you can't stand queues, may I humbly recommend waiting a week and then trying the game? :P Or subbing for patron status if you have some money to spend? Or suck it up and deal with the queue that everyone else, even people who ARE paying money, are dealing with?

Imagine if Trion opened up 4 new shards right now, and then the population stabilizes and there's too few people in those four extra shards.Now you're faced with the appearance of a dead game, and people will leave because of that, simply because they don't understand what's happening. And then Trion closes those shards, and the same group of people come out of the woodwork screaming and crying because their shard got closed.

A queue may suck, but at least it shows there's a lot of people interested in the game. There is no perfect solution, you can't just 'fix it' without causing problems, and they're choosing the best response for a long term strategy.

If you don't want to see their situation, that's fine, but don't get on a high horse if you're unwilling to pony up anything and just want in right now without any investment whatsoever.
    I for one welcome my new F2P Overlords

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast