+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Servers Incoming - [UPDATED] 6/16/13

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Server transfers are off on several of the extremely healthy population servers in Cluster 1. This is intentional.

For Europe, we have increased the server caps on both the English PvP shard and the French PvE shard to allow for more players on those shards. We have additional servers available, but due to the split we have a lot more leeway with adjusting server caps before we are forced to open new shards.

~Daglar
    Cool, thank you for the response, lets us know our options.
    Patiman | <Realm Guardians> Co-Leader [9/9 SL +1] [2/4 GA] | Greybriar | Rift's Oldest Player

Server transfers are off on several of the extremely healthy population servers in Cluster 1. This is intentional.

For Europe, we have increased the server caps on both the English PvP shard and the French PvE shard to allow for more players on those shards. We have additional servers available, but due to the split we have a lot more leeway with adjusting server caps before we are forced to open new shards.

~Daglar
    Ahh.. so this is why I cannot transfer off Deepwood to Greybriar at the moment. Hope this will be enabled once the F2P hype settles down some.

Plane Touched

To all those saying cluster 2 is weak, the difference in population is around 200 players right now between the clusters.

If you move from cluster 2 to cluster 1, you are gonna end up in queues.

~Daglar
    Right now...2 or 3 weeks after the new has worn off it will go back to levels resembling what it was F2P. I can already tell the activity is low on Cluster 2 and the guild wants to move already. A little research would of been welcomed.

All "We'll fix it when if it comes to that" means in MMO talk is after its too late, you'll try and fix it for the poor souls that stayed.

Soulwalker

You have free transfers. Transfers are always free.

~Daglar
    Thanks for the info. I was unsure if this had changed for f2p. Hopefully I can convince them to switch to my cluster, don't wanna leave Greybrier!

Soulwalker

Default fix XD

Is this going to fix the 5 hour delay to entering the game XD?

~Daglar
    Can't folks who already have toons on a particular "closed" shard transfer more of their toons on that account to said closed shard? After all, I can only play one toon at a time. Whether I have one toon on a shard, or 12, it makes no difference to the queues and or server loads. In fact, now that I'm stuck playing on two shards in two separate clusters, that is increasing server loads!

While I appreciate what you are trying to do, you went ahead with the "re-clustering" yesterday with hardly any warning as who was going to be able to transfer where afterwards. Prior to F2P, I had been moving toons around onto different servers because I was gathering resources and trying to make loads and loads of bags, potions, food and level 7-19 gear to give away to new players as a "welcome to Telara and Faeblight" thing.

Even if I had known the full details of the move, and the timetables, I had auction bids on my toons on the other servers and would have been prevented from transferring anyway. I don't like to add more stuff to your plate, but, well, you kinda created this mess
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (65) & Oxenheart - Warrior (65) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me. Always looking for new Rifters to help. If you need, just ask!

Shield of Telara

I assume these are really new servers since you've destroyed the old ones that had the same names before Free to Play.
    Last edited by Lienda; 06-16-2013 at 07:41 AM.
    Apparently, I cheered about the last green puzzle piece for nothing. I can't play now at all.

Azz
    Soulwalker

nice u do so much to get the yanks lots of servers and all the EU server (probably half as many has the US) are full with queues ranging from 45 minutes -3 hours, just did a server transfer due to queues and this one is as bad. Free 2 play lol re-market that slogan to free 2 queue.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #204
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Azz View Post
    nice u do so much to get the yanks lots of servers and all the EU server (probably half as many has the US) are full with queues ranging from 45 minutes -3 hours, just did a server transfer due to queues and this one is as bad. Free 2 play lol re-market that slogan to free 2 queue.
    We are monitoring the EU servers and adjusting server caps upwards in real time right now to help alleviate queues. We need to watch what happens on the hardware before we determine if the higher caps are the right answer, or if we absolutely must open new shards.

~Daglar

We are monitoring the EU servers and adjusting server caps upwards in real time right now to help alleviate queues. We need to watch what happens on the hardware before we determine if the higher caps are the right answer, or if we absolutely must open new shards.

~Daglar
    "Right now" its a 55 minute queue on the only PvP english speaking server on EU. Pretty much like yesterday, and the day before at prime time.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulaufein View Post
    "Right now" its a 55 minute queue on the only PvP english speaking server on EU. Pretty much like yesterday, and the day before at prime time.
    LOL. 10 secs after writing this post, a new PVP server opens!

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #207

Indeed!

We've just opened up Volan (English, PvP) & Nomi (French, PvE) on the EU Server Clusters.

We know queues are a bit long and encourage players to start on these shards or transfer there if they want to avoid the biggest crowds.

Thanks all,

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Indeed!

We've just opened up Volan (English, PvP) & Nomi (French, PvE) on the EU Server Clusters.

We know queues are a bit long and encourage players to start on these shards or transfer there if they want to avoid the biggest crowds.

Thanks all,
    Well done guys, keep up the good work, and thanks for the EU support as well

Shadowlander

new shard is PvP, now I am sad

Telaran

When come new RP server for Germany.

I am not from Akala , but Brutwacht sometimes lagging like hell.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast