Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: The community of this game just got FUBARd

Rift Disciple

Default The community of this game just got FUBARd

Today I logged to my home(Argent). What greeted me was just horrible.

Following the dissolution of Icewatch, a lot of players scattered around. Argent was full of people that were just mucking about and the previously wonderful(I meant WONDERFUL) 1-29 chat quickly turned into well, almost barrens chat. I was insulted, shooed and it was altogether horrible experience.

GJ Trion on FUBARing the community in a community driven game. Just GJ. You singlehandedly killed all my desires to play your game.

>.> no comment <.<

I saw that coming.

Pretty sad, guess all there is to do is report people.

Soulwalker

ohh, ke, so Trion is controlling all of these players with what they say?

oke, back on-topic, I do have to say that it is a much different chat then pre-F2P, but that might've been just my luck

Quote Originally Posted by Ulthran View Post
    You need to learn patience.

Rift Disciple

And they said to me to wait 2-3 weeks for f2p fad to cool down. LOL.

What kind of business decision is that? It's what killed Diablo 3 lol. The constant waiting for sth. In 3 weeks, I am most likely going to be playing another game. And all because of all the "people". And I SOOOO wanted to play a)Rift, b)on Argent and c)with people on Argent...

Seems that just became a pitch dark dreaming

And they said to me to wait 2-3 weeks for f2p fad to cool down. LOL.
    It's about the only thing you can do, though. Only when things stabilise can you actually determine what needs to be done. Yeah, you got your share of Icewatch trolls, because they (well, we) got blindsided by its closure. The best you can do now is just not pay too much attention to level 1-29 chat. The only one who can spoil your fun is you.

What do you suggest they do? Conduct interviews with each person who wants to play the game and then filter the undesirables out?

Low level chat is always putrid is any MMO. Make it to max level and you'll notic a big difference.
    Nope.

Champion

Dude. It's the gold rush.

Everyone comes to check out the new free game, to decide if they wanna stay. A lot of the kids will filter out, because they're just playing around for a bit and most of them won't stick it out.

And there'll be some wonderful folks who do come and make this game their home, just as crappy people will too. But the one thing you can't do is judge the long term impact on TWO whole days of topsy turvy gameplay.
    I for one welcome my new F2P Overlords

OP, most of our guild has turned off channel 1-29 now, and I know most of the others have as well - you are sadly right that it has taken a huge turn from what it was, but fingers crossed it settles.
    Nyathera, Kithra, Hekili, Nyalist @ Typhiria

Rift Disciple

They actually DO impact my fun.

EVERY invasion, EVERY Rift just became an instakill nonsense. Not to mention stuff like Smolderon or other invasion bosses. They are impacting my fun by a)depleting mobs needed for kill x quests, b)beforementioned Rift issues and c)depleting the crafting materials.

So yeah. God dam locusts...

Ascendant

Following the dissolution of Icewatch, a lot of players scattered around. Argent was full of people that were just mucking about and the previously wonderful(I meant WONDERFUL) 1-29 chat quickly turned into well, almost barrens chat. I was insulted, shooed and it was altogether horrible experience.

GJ Trion on FUBARing the community in a community driven game. Just GJ. You singlehandedly killed all my desires to play your game.

>.> no comment <.<
    Blame Daglar, he directly suggested Argent as a home for Icewatchers day before yesterday (IIRC), some hours before the 'trialling' of Icewatch.

Ascendant

>.> no comment <.<
    2.3 launch Trion actively encouraged ANY player to move to Argent via a server message; it's wholly Trion's fault your RP shard is ruined, not the players who read that message.

>.> no comment <.<
    everyone knows not to hang out out in 1-29 chat if you have any sort of intelligent comments to make, it is a cess pool, just un-join that channel, better yet stick to guild chat
    Chemicalimbalance - Rogue - Wolfsbane
    Sleep is Overrated

1. Turn off level chat
    2. Report offending players for whatever rules they are breaking
    3. Get some patience.

Things will normalize. Did you play at launch? I wanted to pull my hair out trying to do quests, but EVERY player was starting out, it was jammed pack with players. But I knew it was launch/headstart and that's how it goes.

The F2P fever will subside soon enough. If you really do love this game, just give it a chance to mellow. If not, well, move on. But coming here to complain on the forums in ANOTHER thread is about as lame as the jerks you are claiming to be ruining your playtime.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by mckeough View Post
    everyone knows not to hang out out in 1-29 chat if you have any sort of intelligent comments to make, it is a cess pool, just un-join that channel, better yet stick to guild chat
    You don't need to unjoin, just untick it on the tab settings to not show it.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast