Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT appears to be rather popular at the moment

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default RIFT appears to be rather popular at the moment

Hi, guys! If you don't know me, I'm the engineering development director for Rift.

Sorry about the queues tonight. Things have definitely gotten out of hand. For anyone who couldn't play, I sincerely apologize. If there's anything a game developer hates, it's when people want to play their game, and can't.

There have been some problems which have prevented us from allowing as many players onto each shard as we had planned. We're working on several different changes to fix that problem.

I can promise you that this won't be the new normal for Rift. We want our servers to be full and healthy, and right now... they ain't.

If you were disappointed by us tonight, don't write us off yet. If you've been here a while you know that we care a metric ****-ton about our players. We're still the same team that's was here at launch, at River of Souls^W Tears, and at Storm Legion.

Having so many people wanting to play Rift is a good thing, and I promise we're not going to **** it up.

thanks!
    /aahz

Edit: man, i didn't realize our forums didn't let me say ****
    Last edited by Elrar; 06-13-2013 at 07:15 PM.

Soulwalker

just unlock the shards nao been long enough xD

Shadowlander

The acknowledgement is nice, however more information on how long this is to be expected would be better. I'd like to know how long I need to go play a game I don't really want to play while I wait for this to get its **** together.

I want to Patron, but even they are getting the shaft on this one.

i am glad you guys are looking into it. i know it's a lot of work with f2p, a patch and all that. keep us posted

This is why I love Trion, you guys care. While 20 minute queues may be a bit excessive it's not deal breaking.

Soulwalker

Thanks for letting us know you're on top of it.

You guys have always had excellent customer service. We all appreciate it (even the ungrateful ******* among us).

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblephish View Post
    This is why I love Trion, you guys care. While 20 minute queues may be a bit excessive it's not deal breaking.
    It's more than 20 minutes, and it might be time to remove that "Trial Only" tag from the bulk of the server list. There's just no need anymore.

Soulwalker

Came back today after not playing since shortly after launch.

Looking forwards to seeing what has changed. Good luck with the servers!

Quote Originally Posted by prototype View Post
    It's more than 20 minutes, and it might be time to remove that "Trial Only" tag from the bulk of the server list. There's just no need anymore.
    I've only got about a 15 minute wait here on Faeblight, but I can understand your feelings if you're on a server with a 30+ minute queue time.

Soulwalker

I am a paying subscriber and I get put at #148 in queue. What is wrong with this picture. Should randomly dc a free to play player to open a spot for me. Not happy right now.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by rumblephish View Post
    this is why i love trion, you guys care. While 20 minute queues may be a bit excessive it's not deal breaking.
    try 3 hour queues

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblephish View Post
    I've only got about a 15 minute wait here on Faeblight, but I can understand your feelings if you're on a server with a 30+ minute queue time.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see the influx of players. I just can't believe that nobody saw this coming and developed a plan beyond separate queues.

Quote Originally Posted by vaelic View Post
    try 3 hour queues
    3...hours? I don't know what to say other than I'm so very sorry for you.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by prototype View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see the influx of players. I just can't believe that nobody saw this coming and developed a plan beyond separate queues.
    should have made some newbie servers pre-setup (2 would have been enough to start with) and fill it up when its reaching max with 2 more servers

Shadowlander

Hey Trion,

Thanks for the ****ing pop up window apology about the queue times. It'd be nice if it didn't RESET MY ****ING QUEUE TIME. Are you all insane? I've been waiting for 3 hours to get into your goddamned game and you apologize by putting me back at the beginning?

The queues were infuriating but understandable, but this is just completely un-****ing-acceptable. Get your **** together.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast