Closed Thread
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree363Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PLEASE READ: ICEWATCH [EU-PvE] - TRIAL SHARD CONVERSION @ 6:00 PM TONIGHT

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default PLEASE READ: ICEWATCH [EU-PvE] - TRIAL SHARD CONVERSION @ 6:00 PM TONIGHT

Ascended of Icewatch,

Since before the launch of RIFT 2.3 & Free-to-Play we have seen the population of the European Server Cluster become increasingly more concentrated. The current growth we have seen on Icewatch has reached the point where it has begun to impact your ability to enjoy the game and will soon become unmanageable.

To prevent this from occurring and to ensure you all have the best experience RIFT has to offer, we will be converting Icewatch to a Trial Only shard this evening. This means only Meridian & Sanctum will be accessible. All players will need to relocate to two new English Language PvE shards taking the place of Icewatch & Akala (German RP) using our free in-game Character Transfer.

We realize this is going to be a big surprise, and some of you may be upset. We also understand that this is not ideal, however, at this time opening a new Server Cluster would do more harm than good for all of our European players.

This change will happen during tonight’s scheduled Hot Fix, after which you will be able to log in & follow the instructions when clicking the “Transfer” button at character select. We will be on-hand in-game & the forums to assist in answering questions and make this transition as swift and stress-free as possible.

Thanks for your cooperation, I encourage you to post any questions you might have. We look forward to getting you back to enjoying all the RIFT 2.3: Empyreal Assault has to offer with minimal disruption!

What does “Trial Shard” mean?

Trial Shards offer access to only the starting cities of Meridian and Sanctum. All your characters are still fully accessible and maintain all their features, equipment and items, including their Dimensions. They can be transferred off the shard at any time – our character transfer is still available, of course for free. You can find the transfer function in your character select screen. Guild transfers are also available – if a guild master transfers, he will automatically be given the option to transfer the guild, and all guild members will have the option to follow on their next login.

Please note: The usual transfer restrictions do not apply to trial shards, which means that you can transfer any character with any amount of platinum, as long as their mailbox is empty, as well as any guild, as long as their guild bank is empty.

Please keep in mind, though, that your character name may already be taken on your shard of choice. Our support will not be able to help freeing up a specific name. We understand that role players connect a lot with their name and are very sorry about this inconvenience.

Please feel free to use the forums to coordinate your move with friends and guildmates. We also understand it if you have to vent, but please try to keep your feedback constructive and confined to this thread. Rest assured that you will be heard.

Despite this, we sincerely hope that you will enjoy your future on one of the better populated German servers. Thank you for playing and supporting RIFT!

For more information on Free Characters Transfers please see this handy Free Character Transfer Tutorial.
    Last edited by Elrar; 06-13-2013 at 05:23 PM.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Well then...

that escalated quickly!
    [http://twitch.tv/bctrainers/] [Lurk on reddit? Visit /r/rift][Want the old Rift forum theme? Click here]
    ...buff... clerics?
    Yes, my post content can be odd or downright blunt - I look at scenarios in a different light.

One day notice is kind of harsh, though I understand the need for this to happen.

Soulwalker

Just got back to the game and now I have to transfer off the Shard

What will happen to guildbanks and personal banks?

Rift Disciple

Will you lock blightweald ?

Can we move now to the currently open servers or do we need to change to one of the two new servers?

Soulwalker

I wonder how this'll work out.

Shield of Telara

You've given Icewatch natives ONE hour's notice that the shard they might have been on since launch is going and they have to move.

I've run out of space on my list of WTF.
    Last edited by Islesi; 06-13-2013 at 05:23 PM.
    RIP Icewatch and Argent.
    Not another damn penny.

I understand the reasons behind the decision and i'm sure the majority welcome the efforts to improve the balance/load issues.....however....giving less than a 1 hour warning when it's currently 1.20am in the UK (and later in the rest of mainland europe) is a really poor decision.
    Member of United Kingdoms.
    For more info on the guild and our community, or to apply to join UK, simply visit our website - http://rift.unitedkingdoms.org.uk

Soulwalker

What about someone who just transferred to Icewatch? The seven days restriction will be removed?

Telaran

Eh.. one member of Rift team write one thing... , other write something else..WTF is going on ? . Do you even got contact ? . There was talk abouth opening NEW server , not KILLING BIGGEST EU shard..

im really mad right now..:/

Quote Originally Posted by BrandGuru View Post
    We continue to carefully monitor the servers and have new servers waiting to be opened to the world as they're needed. Right now, they don't appear to be needed, as we have available servers in all languages with no queues.

In Europe right now, 5 shards have small queues and 5 do not. None of the North American servers have queues.

We want to make sure that if we open a server, that there's enough of a demand to fill it.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post4295951

so hold on, free members and trial members are getting a server to themselfs, but the PAID members have to be shunted along to a new server...

Why...
    Forbiden T2 | Demara T1 | Midas T1 | Minatsuki T1

Recruiting Raiders!

Soulwalker

Did we told you to lock Icewatch? Did you listen?

Why can't you force new players after f2p to transfer? You are punishing your most loyalty players and by giving them such a short notice, it's utterly ridiculous..... I've always been skeptical about the whole F2P conversion and here comes the beginning of the end of Rift..
    Last edited by Godsent; 06-13-2013 at 05:27 PM.

Plane Touched

Awesome head notice there Trion, you should really consider getting someone to handle your customer relations.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast