+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Cash Shop is Misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by Verrliit View Post
    Trion has a gigantic credibility problem here, and only one way out of it.

You see, in the official announcement, on Wednesday, June 12, they said that the in-game store offers Weapon Wardrobe Slots...
    You may be literate, but apparently you didn't read that sign.

Honestly, Daglar, nobody is going to use all those shiny new wardrobe slots, unless they can switch weapon appearance along with the rest, without changing the weapons themselves...
    I think you misunderstand how F2P games like Rift work.

They don't work on the assumption that we are doing everything with the hopes that someone who is playing FREE will drop $5/$10 in the shop once in awhile.

They do things with the thought that someone with 5 or 10 accounts (yes, there are people like that here) will continue to thrown money at Trion like a rapper at a strip club for whatever they want.

Whales are what keep F2P games going, not people who pop in for a bit, leave, come back, leave, when they don't like things.

Trion is gauging things on how the whales spend, and they know who they are. All games do extensive F2P mining on what they should focus on and based on how the masses spend in these games, they don't do it for the tourists.

^^^ this

The last thing I found (and confirmed the veracoty of via an SOE insider) is that 11% of a f2p game pays the bills. These are the people Trion is concerned about. The "free bit" exists to get people in the door to hook them into a revenue stream, not to leovide content out of the goodness of their hearts.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jayden View Post
    ...I am going to stick to games that offer actual content for sale like.

GuildWars
    EVE Online
    Defiance

These games offer actual content for purchase and don't make me have to constantly pay for weapon transmutes gems
    Excuse me, but... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. He can't be serious, right? ...right?

Thank you for your lovely characterization of Trion's most valued customers, and other distractions...

But Rift's demographics, and business model, are not the subject of this thread.

This thread is about whether Trion is going to choose to lie to, and cheat their customers.

You see, in the official announcement, on Wednesday, June 12, they said that the in-game store offers Weapon Wardrobe Slots...

So, while the consumable to change a weapon appearance might make them a ton more money, they DO have to give us what they promised, or be guilty of false advertising, and a blatant bait and switch.

People are spending real money to buy, even if it is once removed.

Those laws do apply.
    Trion needs to put the Weapon Wardrobe slots in the store, that they said they had.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #141
    Rift Team

Trion needs to put the Weapon Wardrobe slots in the store, that they said they had.
    Where did we say we had Weapon Wardrobe slots? We do not have that, nor ever plan to have that. Can you please link me the information so I can have it rapidly corrected.

~Daglar

Plane Walker

So, while the consumable to change a weapon appearance might make them a ton more money, they DO have to give us what they promised, or be guilty of false advertising, and a blatant bait and switch.

People are spending real money to buy, even if it is once removed.

Those laws do apply.

And, there is no point in trying to pretend that was a typo...

Trion first announced they were going to release weapon wardrobe slots, on the way into 1.5, two years ago.

Even an idiot can see that a weapon wardrobe slot, is what the cosmetic weapons already in the game are for...

Don't you think it's about bloody time?

Honestly, Daglar, nobody is going to use all those shiny new wardrobe slots, unless they can switch weapon appearance along with the rest, without changing the weapons themselves...

Because the whole point, is to have a look that matches your ROLE.

Heck, even the macro command for choosing a wardrobe is still missing...

Someone at Trion isn't thinking things through.

As I see it, the entire future of Rift, actually hinges upon what they do about this.

So what's it going to be?

Is Trion going to choose greed and plausible deniability?

Thousands of people are awaiting your answer.
    You got a link for this offer of weapon wardrobe slots.?
    Spartans! Ready your breakfast and eat hearty... For tonight, we dine in hell!

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Where did we say we had Weapon Wardrobe slots? We do not have that, nor ever plan to have that. Can you please link me the information so I can have it rapidly corrected.

~Daglar
    Dam you Daglar can you wait till I finish posting next time.
    Spartans! Ready your breakfast and eat hearty... For tonight, we dine in hell!

This isn't a typo.

It's not a mistake.

Trion has been promising weapon wardrobe slots for two years.

Here is the official Trion announcement that said they were in the store.

community.riftgame.com/en/2013/06/12/empyreal_assault/

Like I said, I see this is a turning point, one that will decide the future of Rift, and of Trion.

Will you choose greed and plausible deniability, or will you do what is best for the game and Trion's image?

Put the weapon slots in wardrobe.

It's the right thing to do.
    Last edited by Verrliit; 06-16-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Telaran

This is ridiculous. It's a weapon wardrobe slot, it's not going to be "the turning point of Rift". It's not a core game mechanic, like the LFG function, or raids.

This isn't a typo.

That being said, I wonder why they chose the transfiguration route? Was it because it's a consumable? If the skin can be applied via that purchased item, can it not also be applied to a wardrobe slot?

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #147
    Rift Team

This isn't a typo.

It's not a mistake.

Trion has been promising weapon wardrobe slots for two years.

Here is the official Trion announcement that said they were in the store.

community.riftgame.com/en/2013/06/12/empyreal_assault/

Like I said, I see this is a turning point, one that will decide the future of Rift, and of Trion.

Will you choose greed and plausible deniability, or will you do what is best for the game and Trion's image?

Someone made an error and that is getting fixed.

Considering I've worked on RIFT for over three and a half years, and for the last year and a half minimum I've communicated that we have no plans for weapon wardrobe, I'm unsure where you got the idea that we promised weapon wardrobe ever.

There was an error with the copy on this page, and I probably didn't review the text before it went out. That is my fault.

This will not be a turning point that determines the future of Trion. That is complete hyperbole. This is simply a typo on a web page - not life and death - not company making or breaking.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post

~Daglar
    http://community.riftgame.com/en/201...yreal_assault/

14.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #149
    Rift Team

See above post.

~Daglar

I was trying to upload the image... but it does state

"An expanded in-game store offers hundreds of items and services – from special mounts to faction changes and weapon wardrobe slots"
    Last edited by Ynrapbag; 06-16-2013 at 10:28 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast