Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Why does Auction House requires loyalty?

Soulwalker

Default Why does Auction House requires loyalty?

Today I've tried to use AH to buy some of the materials for Outfitting, but it says that I require loyalty to use it. I've might missed it while reading the patch notes, but that is not the point.

What I'm wondering is why you've made the game free to play and locked the Auction House? Locking bag slots, character slots, wardrobe slots and other stuff you can now find in the Rift store is perfectly reasonable - Locking Auction House is not. I find that the AH is a part of the MMO mechanic, therefor locking it cripples the game for me. I understand that you have to keep players that have purchased subscriptions in the past, but this is just silly. Instead of giving the opportunity to both new and old players to trade via AH, you made it to work only for "loyal" ones. I understand that 5e purchase of credits would bypass that "wall", but that is 5 euros too much. Someone will say that it's the way of dealing with gold farmers, but we all know that gold farmers in every MMO have dozens of accounts they pay subscription for, making that a false argument. It almost seems like a trend in F2P MMORPGs, locking that one mechanic, mostly not vital, to squeeze the money from people. Most recent example was Respec token in Neverwinter, which itself caused a lot of player quitting the game. I don't want to mention other MMOs that went F2P, locking the content itself behind the pay-wall.

Even though you've unlocked nearly whole game for players for free, locking the Auction House (and maybe some more stuff I have not encountered) is silly. Chat, Auction House, Bank, Inventory management, Merchants and other "non-vital' stuff that are a major part in every MMO game should not be locked or limited. I can swallow the container and bank slot limitations. I can even swallow the silly vendor system you've implemented so that it always leads to the Rift Store, but I will never pay a cent to unlock something that should be free for everyone.

You're supposed to be able to buy from the AH with 0 loyalty - it's currently bugged. Wait for them to patch/hotfix it.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

I suspect the reason is that a historical way RMT companies transfer money is to have a player list something on the AH at a very large price, then one of their mules buys it.

So if they have to actually spend cash to get there, that slows them down some.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Soulwalker

After the patch "You lack the loyalty to create auctions."

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lollie View Post
    You're supposed to be able to buy from the AH with 0 loyalty - it's currently bugged. Wait for them to patch/hotfix it.
    I have 700 loyalty for some reason, prolly because this account I've reactivated is 2 years old and I've forgot that I've bought 1 month sub for it or something like that.

Thanks you for clarification, I really hope this is just a bug

Plane Touched

They're hoping to have the hotfix in soon, they mentioned a possible patch on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by cprn View Post
    After the patch "You lack the loyalty to create auctions."
    Daglar himself came on and used the server announcements to say it was a bug. I'm assuming they're still working on what exactly is wrong, but I'm sure they'll get it done by the end of today.
    60 Mage - Althira, Faeblight
    Temporal Insurgence

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Althira View Post
    Daglar himself came on and used the server announcements to say it was a bug. I'm assuming they're still working on what exactly is wrong, but I'm sure they'll get it done by the end of today.
    Good to know. I wasn't online to check that out. It really gave me a small headache when I saw that I require loyalty to use AH. I'll wait to see when it will be resolved, so I can actually make a conclusion is the Rift worth the money I want to invest into it.

Soulwalker

okay i can buy things now after the hotfix but still cant sell things - is this intended? if yes i will quit the game ^_^

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Althira View Post
    Can we have someone from rift team say officially on forums that this is not intended and are working on a fix??? Otherwise i am not bothering with this game at all

Quote Originally Posted by p4leface View Post
    okay i can buy things now after the hotfix but still cant sell things - is this intended? if yes i will quit the game ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramona View Post
    Otherwise i am not bothering with this game at all
    Oh no, people who want to become rich with AH sales and give absolutely nothing to the makers of the game they want to get rich in, are threatening to /ragequit
    Last edited by Lollie; 06-13-2013 at 10:14 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ramona View Post
    Can we have someone from rift team say officially on forums that this is not intended and are working on a fix??? Otherwise i am not bothering with this game at all

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...u-1am-gmt.html

Hey, what do you know?! Patch notes on the game's forum in an easily findable place or easily searchable! When did these get here?
    Last edited by Bloodorange; 06-13-2013 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodorange View Post

Hey, what do you know?! Patch notes on the game's forum in an easily findable place or easily searchable! When did these get here?
    For the lazy:

Auction House restrictions have been lifted from accounts with registered email addresses. Guest accounts are still restricted from purchasing items.

Note: Guest accounts =/= F2P accounts. F2P should be able to access the AH now. If not, report it as a bug.
    60 Mage - Althira, Faeblight
    Temporal Insurgence

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by p4leface View Post
    I hope they dont let people sell if they have not spent any money on this game. It just supports botting.
    Last edited by Patchkid; 06-13-2013 at 10:19 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodorange View Post

Yea we can access the AH now after that hotfix but we cant create auctions as F2P, all we want is an official response from Trion if this is intended or not.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast