• 1 Post By Brad
  • 1 Post By Ajax1114
  • 6 Post By captaincursor
  • 1 Post By Lithium1
  • 2 Post By Floredon
  • 1 Post By Nestran
  • 3 Post By Maeloda
  • 1 Post By Agrona77

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: First Day 2.3 Impressions

Default First Day 2.3 Impressions

The dendrome zone is full of stuff to explore, new creatures to kill, and new things to do. I'm refreshed that there is so much to do here because the patches before this were short on content. There are new reps to work towards, new rewards, and the Rift store has some cool stuff that I may have to invest in regardless of my on-going sub. There were some bad things, however, such as not getting any credit for being storm chaser edition buyer and getting none of those perks. I put in a ticket for that one, though. Also, the massive ability lag of days past is back, but was expected.

On to the good impressions. Like I said before, lots of content. Hailo is great, the zone events have impressed me because they aren't easy. The "Swarm of the Century" was down to the last 10minutes on Deepwood and it was really a never-ending swarm. I haven't gotten a chance to try out the new 10man, but I will at some point and I'm hearing good things about its difficulty for guilds who didn't test on PTS. Also didn't get to try out the Strongholds, but I will get around to it. Overall, so far so good and if they can get through my ticket and get me what I deserved I think I will be even more satisfied as a player and customer.

Post your good, your bad, your wretched below.
    Last edited by intrinsc; 06-13-2013 at 01:12 AM.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

I agree, well done. Only thing that should be reverted is vendors opening the cash shop, why even have them in game if they just open an interface available on my ui? what do you think about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    I agree, well done. Only thing that should be reverted is vendors opening the cash shop, why even have them in game if they just open an interface available on my ui? what do you think about that?
    Instead of this I'd rather they perform an interim solution but then work towards some customization options of the Rift Store UI so it's less intrusive when you're just talking to a NPC vendor.
    Maeloda ~ Defiant Kelari Male Rogue ~ Level 60 (Expert) ~ Faeblight ~ Prismatic Legion

GSB 5/5, GP 4/4, DH 4/4, RoS* 4/4 || HK 2/11, RotP 0/4 || ID 0/8, PF 0/4 ||| FT 0/4, TotSQ 4/4, EE 0/5, I-DH 0/4 || GA 0/4, TIG 0/3, PBB 0/5
    * = Conqueror

I get a kick out of hailol every time I see it.

All these complicated, mystical city names.

Then "hailol." Like the team was brainstorming ideas and somebody went, "How bout we name a city LOL." And then somebody was like, "That's funny but completely ridiculous."

Then another guy enters the room, "Oh hai guys, sorry to interrupt but we need to go over some bugs in a bit here."

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1114 View Post
    I get a kick out of hailol every time I see it.

All these complicated, mystical city names.

Then "hailol." Like the team was brainstorming ideas and somebody went, "How bout we name a city LOL." And then somebody was like, "That's funny but completely ridiculous."

Then another guy enters the room, "Oh hai guys, sorry to interrupt but we need to go over some bugs in a bit here."

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
    Or then someone just tested words in their mouths until they came up with the sound highlawl and didn't think anything more about the implications before someone else guffawed over it. Basically how all fantasy names get made.

Anyways! I didn't get to test too much because the patch was running late and I had an early morning
    What I mostly got to do was beat my head against the opening event until a CM came and helped us out, jumped on things and died a lot. Was fun though, can't wait to get the time to properly explore :3

I didn't get the iceraptor and my fiance didn't get his loyalty, but this is a known bug and being worked on, so I don't mind that. Got my fancy bowler hat so I'm satisified

"Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

Hailol was birthed over testing out various names based on historical faerie names that everyone hated. Then we munged "áit ól", place of drink, into "Hailol" and everyone was happy. We needed a fun name for a fun place.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by captaincursor View Post
    Hailol was birthed over testing out various names based on historical faerie names that everyone hated. Then we munged "áit ól", place of drink, into "Hailol" and everyone was happy. We needed a fun name for a fun place.
    Good to know. My guild already decided you made it up as a contraction of "Hai!" and "LOL!"

So we started calling it just "Lol"

Quote Originally Posted by Lithium1 View Post
    Good to know. My guild already decided you made it up as a contraction of "Hai!" and "LOL!"

So we started calling it just "Lol"
    I'm still going with this explanation.
    Lils@Greybriar

60 Rogue/Dimension Addict

Good - almost everything new. Were there always guards in TK? If not, this is my favorite change.

"Bad" - I've run into more graphics glitches, with parts of the terrain flashing. Not sure if it's my end or not.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Floredon View Post
    Good - almost everything new. Were there always guards in TK? If not, this is my favorite change.

"Bad" - I've run into more graphics glitches, with parts of the terrain flashing. Not sure if it's my end or not.
    Same here on the flashing. I was in Roos Forest (I think it was called Roos) and the rocks were more off than on. Really bad, especially since there are mobs on most of them.

I opened a bug report.

LOL, I said TK, "tempest keep", and meant TB (tempest bay). Sorry about that.

I love The Dendrome, the quest chain was fun, the theme is great, and the Hailol footholds and Strongholds are great. The dimension items are amazing too, so many new ones. Although it can be hard to navigate sometimes it's not bad, and there's interesting stuff all around. The new twisted artifacts will keep me busy for a long long time too.

I'm not so fond of the whole World Event though. If my achievement addon is right (and I really hope it isn't) then then architect invasion achievement goes up to 1000, and so do the border forts, and we need 250 dailies done. This means over 70 border forts/invasions a day, and almost 20 border fort dailies a day just to get all the achievements. I'd love nothing more than for someone to come in here, call me stupid, and either say that these achievements will be available to get forever, or that my addon is wrong, and they don't go that high.

Overall I'm really happy with the patch. The only thing that's really getting to me is whether or not I'll be able to finish all the achievements for the event.

Not just you. I'm getting them more than ever before. It's really bad and is happening even faster (before it would take a few hours of play, now just within 1-2)
    Maeloda ~ Defiant Kelari Male Rogue ~ Level 60 (Expert) ~ Faeblight ~ Prismatic Legion

GSB 5/5, GP 4/4, DH 4/4, RoS* 4/4 || HK 2/11, RotP 0/4 || ID 0/8, PF 0/4 ||| FT 0/4, TotSQ 4/4, EE 0/5, I-DH 0/4 || GA 0/4, TIG 0/3, PBB 0/5
    * = Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    Not just you. I'm getting them more than ever before. It's really bad and is happening even faster (before it would take a few hours of play, now just within 1-2)
    Same here. I've only noticed it in the new areas though, I could have missed it elsewhere.
    Lils@Greybriar

60 Rogue/Dimension Addict

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Post your good, your bad, your wretched below.
    The Good - your avy always makes me smile and melts my heart! haha

Oh, the 2.3 good stuff.

Well, I haven't been to the Dendrome zone yet. I'm still reeling from dimension item over-load! OMG so many goodies in the store! It's hard to decide what to buy first, but I already bought some stuff, so maybe it wasn't that hard LOL

Another great thing is that we can have 2 active dimensions! YAY

I also appreciated the fact that Trion gave all my characters a 110% mount and Faen's Retreat and all those other loyalty rewards. Nicely played, Trion, nicely played!

The bad - Mega Lag. I was questing in Ardent Domain and I was lagging really bad at times. It seemed like I was hitting the mobs intermittently, without actually landing a blow LOL! I never lag in Rift, well besides large SL zone events. lol I also get the terrain/mob flashes (not Flash Mobs =p) and that was in AD.

Another bad point is the change to the NPC merchant window. I wish they would have kept the store window separate from NPC merchants. Most F2P games have a separate cash shop window. Trion could add a small icon to the AH, but not change the whole window.

Also, soul bound dimension loyalty items. I wish I could gather some items from all my characters and use them all in one dimension. Right now, a lot of these items are extremely redundant and useless.
    Last edited by Agrona77; 06-13-2013 at 12:48 PM.

Agrona/Hailol-Souq Asha, Aggy/Faeblight-Remnants of Atlantis, Sheelana/Hailol-Garden of Serenity, Caladria/Faeblight-Ynys Afallach, Bodicca/Faeblight -Uznahgaar Volum

Closed Thread